IvyLarae

What are some of your pet peeves?

15 hours ago, Madelaine McMasters said:

Like this?...

More like this:

body2trio.thumb.png.1cbf5c6650b5b7adcfcf

However, to be fair, this particular image is from a necro-thread where the OP is asking for help to *fix* this. LOL But, there are those on the grid where this is the *goal*. I call them ten-gallon, helium-filled, torpedo-t... er, boobs. :D

On 12/1/2019 at 12:41 PM, AyelaNewLife said:

[10:41] Oblivious: Smiles and looks over at you with a wink while I admire your beautiful body, slowly lifting up my top to flash you as i expose my soft round D cup *****

Years ago I wrote some online erotica and I noticed when I used phrases like that my hits on my stories would spike by a few thousand...

Likewise for the more variety of 'short words' used to describe lower anatomy...

One of the reasons I am NOT interested in 'emoting' the XXX moments of SL, and just prefer watching the poseballs... is that the writing is usually of this caliber... which is a MAJOR turn off...

But I did use it to get clicks back when I was writing...

I used to keep a list of all these corny terms, and in editing my drafts I'd go back and insert a bunch of them...

Edited by Pussycat Catnap

2 hours ago, Alyona Su said:

More like this:

[snipped image]

However, to be fair, this particular image is from a necro-thread where the OP is asking for help to *fix* this. LOL But, there are those on the grid where this is the *goal*. I call them ten-gallon, helium-filled, torpedo-t... er, boobs. :D

There are some gravity or sag deformers to fix this kind of thing now. Most them also increase size.

For years my solution has been to set 'buoyancy' to 100 and then use the physics system to have gravity and weight near maxed out. It works somewhat, moreso the larger the bust size as otherwise the physics system doesn't have enough to pull down without deforming too much...

Edited by Pussycat Catnap

2 hours ago, Sukubia Scarmon said:

Dunno, but according to ya'lls dead giveaways I'm a guy? 

Can't speak for the others (according to some peoples criteria, I'll join you in the guy-club. Lets be handsome dudes together!), but you would 'fail' my "guy pretending to be woman"- check list. You invest too much in your avatar and you are way too creative with it.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Sukubia Scarmon said:

Dunno, but according to ya'lls dead giveaways I'm a guy? 

I can't see your full shape, but your name doesn't sound excessively flowery to me. I always thought it might be Japanese?

4 minutes ago, Syo Emerald said:

Can't speak for the others (according to some peoples criteria, I'll join you in the guy-club. Lets be handsome dudes together!), but you would 'fail' my "guy pretending to be woman"- check list. You invest too much in your avatar and you are way too creative with it.

I'm the handsomest dude! I mean, my malt IS handsome. I'm still marrying yours, tho.

Amina, don't worry, I'm only half serious about that!
I'm more amused that I happen to fail so many of them, as in - how likely would that be? I even fail the one I told about, because I can't -for medical reasons- take the pill, so of course I don't know about brands.
Also, yes, not exessive flowery - although it's worse, it's a spin on Sukkubus. Scarmon just sounded edgy. 
I usually offer people to call me Her Highness the Godempress - beloved by the people, but sadly, no one takes up upon that generious offer. Another pet peeve of mine!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

23 hours ago, AyelaNewLife said:

Absolutely! Bra ignorance is one of those giveaways that's actually quite reliable.

I regret posting this

26 minutes ago, Amina Sopwith said:

How do you stop a man breaking into your house?

Change all the locks to bra clasps.

You mean you've never met any of the guys that can undo your bra with one hand? 

Where did you say you live? I wanna move there. lol

1 hour ago, AyelaNewLife said:

I regret posting this

As I took it, this was all joking.

There are no infallible way of detecting, well, much of anything about a person. And any serious attempt to do so is, after all, really not much different than demanding someone go on voice to "verify" their gender (which is also not infallible).

Edited by Scylla Rhiadra
*#4$@ autocorrect
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Selene Gregoire said:

You mean you've never met any of the guys that can undo your bra with one hand? 

Where did you say you live? I wanna move there. lol

The UK. Can I come and live with you? Please don't leave me on a small island with the Tories...

• Haha 1

Just now, Amina Sopwith said:

The UK. Can I come and live with you? Please don't leave me on a small island with the Tories...

Sure, if you think you can handle living in a small town in western Oregon where most of the people [probably] voted for the dumpster fire in the White House. :S

2 hours ago, Gregorian Chant said:

Logging in (on an alt) to a surprise negative balance because group liability is a thing.

SurprisePoorMofo.png

When I came back to SL after a 7 year absence (on this account, anyway), I discovered that my group liabilities had knocked me into the negative by a couple of hundred L$.

Ouchies.

35 minutes ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

As I took it, this was all joking.

There are no infallible was of detecting, well, much of anything about a person. And any serious attempt to do so is, after all, really not much different than demanding someone go on voice to "verify" their gender (which is also not infallible).

It was indeed a joke... but it's one of these things where one person jokes then another answers jokingly then another answers seriously and suddenly your Brexit icebreaker joke turns into a half hour debate about the complexities of trans-Ireland trade while the bartender reconsiders his life choices that led to this moment.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4
  • Sad 1

Just discovered a new one.

Going for days with no fun events to attend because I'm not in the US and they all happen hours after I've gone to bed.

Then logging in to find my notices have three events all happening right now, at the same time, and I want to attend all three but I can only go to one of them.

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, AyelaNewLife said:

the complexities of trans-Ireland trade

I'm glad you brought this up. I have some thoughts on the DUP, and Johnson's supposed "solution" to the problem . . .

• Haha 1

25 minutes ago, Matty Luminos said:

Just discovered a new one.

Going for days with no fun events to attend because I'm not in the US and they all happen hours after I've gone to bed.

Then logging in to find my notices have three events all happening right now, at the same time, and I want to attend all three but I can only go to one of them.

As i am EU too, that happens all the time for me as well. It's difficult as most starts when i really would have to go to bed. Thats especially displeasing on RP Sims as i just cannot join in the crowd but rather sit during my day at the cafe, just sipping my espresso ... often alone. I should get a dog!

Maybe we need a UK-Euro Cartel?

Who's in???

(Apologies here to our colonial buddies who may not get the full complexities of the tangled web of irony contained in just two lines) 😱

1 minute ago, BelindaN said:

Who's in???

(Apologies here to our colonial buddies who may not get the full complexities of the tangled web of irony contained in just two lines) 😱

Cartel? I like that! I am usually playing a Mobster and can bring the drugs.

15 minutes ago, BelindaN said:

Who's in???

Sounds good to me. I've known quite a few people within the GMT/CET/EET zones, from both Europe, Africa and the Middle-East.

Edited by Orwar
  • Like 1

35 minutes ago, Conall DeCuir said:

As i am EU too, that happens all the time for me as well. It's difficult as most starts when i really would have to go to bed. Thats especially displeasing on RP Sims as i just cannot join in the crowd but rather sit during my day at the cafe, just sipping my espresso ... often alone. I should get a dog!

My RP preference would be a tankard of ale in a tavern rather than coffee in a cafe, but I definitely sympathise. RP is particularly hard for us EU folks.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

When I came back to SL after a 7 year absence (on this account, anyway), I discovered that my group liabilities had knocked me into the negative by a couple of hundred L$.

Ouchies.

Oof. Commiserations.
What did you do with that negative balance?

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Gregorian Chant said:

Oof. Commiserations.
What did you do with that negative balance?

Paid it off. What else? I needed to buy hair!

Edited by Scylla Rhiadra
  • Haha 7