Jump to content
IvyLarae

What are some of your pet peeves?

Recommended Posts

12 minutes ago, AyelaNewLife said:

grindsmygears.jpg?resize=474%2C353&ssl=1

Group synchronised dancing at DJ sets/clubs/events.

It's just bad. Like, who actually sits there watching this nonsense and genuinely thinks that robotic, perfectly synchronised club dancing is a good look? People who build square houses in The Sims, that's who.

Every one of these venues has a dance ball that people could use instead, and even if everyone chose the same dance, the staggered start gives the room enough variation to look at least vaguely natural. But no, hosts (dagger emoji) have to go out of their way to ruin things for everyone. 

And it needs to stop.

It's called Line Dancing and was a thing at country & western bars in the US for many, many years. Still is I think. Not sure though as I haven't been in a bar in over 20 years. 

BrilliantDownrightAfricanpiedkingfisher-size_restricted.gif

Edited by Selene Gregoire
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Selene Gregoire said:

It's called Line Dancing and was a thing at country & western bars in the US for many, many years. Still is I think. Not sure though as I haven't been in a bar in over 20 years. 

tumblr_p8sqr3a6uV1toamj8o2_500.gif

Now imagine that, but instead of country & western, they're dancing like they're in a mid 2000s rap video.

🤢

Edit: Also there's enough natural variation in that for it to look good. I think it's an uncanny valley thing; if something (in this case, the synchronisation) is too perfect, it looks creepy.

Edited by AyelaNewLife
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Nadia Chatterbox said:

Isn’t it similar to the Electric Slide or Cupid Shuffle?

That would depend at how much beer was consumed.

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Medium-length long shirt and calling it a "dress" Ugh. I don't think it's a dress if the butt is hanging out of it. LOL

Oh, and a "sweater" with a V-opening cut down to ones naval. Seriously? Regardless of the sex of the avatar, I suspect man-as-designer for some reason or another...

Edited by Alyona Su
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Alyona Su said:

I suspect man-as-designer for some reason or another...

That is probably not right. It can also be a female designer who thinks that that is what men want to see and of course its also her believe that all women think like her ... while men (not all but a good amount) would rather leave all this to revealing stuff for later, to not destroy their imagination ... it's nice to build up some desire.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Conall DeCuir said:

That is probably not right. It can also be a female designer who thinks that that is what men want to see and of course its also her believe that all women think like her ... while men (not all but a good amount) would rather leave all this to revealing stuff for later, to not destroy their imagination ... it's nice to build up some desire.

Yes, I do realize this - it's all really is a mystery (because we all prefer it that way) - but I can suspect all I wantztoo. Maybe it's the way I think: If I were designing clothes for women, I'd design creative styles I'd actually wear on the street myself (in terms of public-clothing) and if I were designing for the guys, I'd design what I'd like to see on them. So, therefore, my logic flips that. See my point? LOL It's just so... It's actually more difficult to find nice, clean, everyday, RL-LEGAL outfits sometimes! Hahaha ~throws-up arms and sighs in melodramatic ways. LOL

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am beginning to wonder if some of the skimpy clothing choices are down to minimizing bother with alphas and overlaps.

Layered more realistic looks take more effort to wear, and presumably to create also?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Alyona Su said:

 Maybe it's the way I think: If I were designing clothes for women, I'd design creative styles I'd actually wear on the street myself (in terms of public-clothing) 

I expect there's a huge appeal for a lot of people in wearing stuff that, for whatever reason, they never actually would wear on the streets themselves.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Alyona Su said:

Yes, I do realize this - it's all really is a mystery (because we all prefer it that way) - but I can suspect all I wantztoo. Maybe it's the way I think: If I were designing clothes for women, I'd design creative styles I'd actually wear on the street myself (in terms of public-clothing) and if I were designing for the guys, I'd design what I'd like to see on them. So, therefore, my logic flips that. See my point? LOL It's just so... It's actually more difficult to find nice, clean, everyday, RL-LEGAL outfits sometimes! Hahaha ~throws-up arms and sighs in melodramatic ways. LOL

Yes, RL_LEGAL outfits and anything less is .. at least for me .. meant for a) private time or b) themed events. I mean, it is (for me!) absolutely boring to enter a moderate club and have bare asses and basically naked breasts flashed at me. I just don't want. I want to see personality .. i am that odd. Anything else is for later ... IF at all.

That's not me telling anyone how to dress but it's me getting bored by seeing always the same. 

Edited by Conall DeCuir
just a little addition
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Amina Sopwith said:

I expect there's a huge appeal for a lot of people in wearing stuff that, for whatever reason, they never actually would wear on the streets themselves.

Like stiletto heels.  🙄

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Amina Sopwith said:

I expect there's a huge appeal for a lot of people in wearing stuff that, for whatever reason, they never actually would wear on the streets themselves.

There is of course that appeal. SL is meant for doing stuff we would not or cannot do in RL .. our world, our imagination .. and i understand that totally. But when it basically all looks the same, it's getting a bit problematic also. 

It is not easy to get into the right mindset to flirt with a woman who is already in her underwear. Something is just missing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Conall DeCuir said:

Yes, RL_LEGAL outfits and anything less is .. at least for me .. meant for a) private time or b) themed events. I mean, it is (for me!) absolutely boring to enter a moderate club and have bare asses and basically naked breasts flashed at me. I just don't want. I want to see personality .. i am that odd. Anything else is for later ... IF at all.

That's not me telling anyone how to dress but it's me getting bored by seeing always the same. 

Precisely. I have some definitely-not-legal-in-RL stuff LOL But that's for the right time with the right person (or people), etc. You get it. :)

5 minutes ago, Conall DeCuir said:

There is of course that appeal. SL is meant for doing stuff we would not or cannot do in RL .. our world, our imagination .. and i understand that totally. But when it basically all looks the same, it's getting a bit problematic also. 

It is not easy to get into the right mindset to flirt with a woman who is already in her underwear. Something is just missing.

I agree and that is why it is *Second* Life, sure, we get to do anything, I get it. But sometimes we just want to be real (not as in realism, but rather just be who we really are). I admit, I prefer the pink dresses and white lace, but also have some very trollop-ie outfits, too. But as Conall says - why give away everything? Full naked is worth, what... 10 Seconds of gawking? But the right kind of *tease* is an *eye-magnet* LOL

My point with my annoyance (I cannot call it a peeve) is that it is so amazingly prevalent in the markets. "Sensible" outfits are definitely the minority here. Want to be a sah-lutt-muffin"? Just close your eyes, point anywhere, and click PAY! Cha-thing! Done. Want to wear something realistically warmer and more main-stream? Go on a hunt and accept the challenge! LOL

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have a few thick knit Bardot sweaters. I love them but I don't wear them in RL, simply because if it's cold enough to be in a chunky knit, it's too cold for bare shoulders. But I love the way they look.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, AyelaNewLife said:

Edit: Also there's enough natural variation in that for it to look good. I think it's an uncanny valley thing; if something (in this case, the synchronisation) is too perfect, it looks creepy.

If you watch the feet closely you'll see that some are out of step (time) with the rest. The guy in the middle is way out of step at times. I wonder why the gif posted for you but wouldn't for me. That's why I changed it. But even in the one I posted that did show up you can see they aren't all perfectly in step with everyone else.

Even in ballet it may look all perfectly timed but when you slow it down you can see that it's not perfect. Dancers don't all have the same extension so some legs will be higher than others. They don't all have the same elevation so some will jump a little higher than others as well.

That's just how it works. Humans aren't perfect and will never be able to perfectly synchronize.

Yeah, I used to dance a few different "genres" when I was young(er).

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I dress in extremely revealing clothes most of the time in SL. I dress that way because I want to, not because I’m trying to please anyone else. 

In this case, my pet peeve is men who think I’m dressing for them, and women who look down their noses at other women for dressing in whatever they want to wear.

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Selene Gregoire said:

It's called Line Dancing and was a thing at country & western bars in the US for many, many years. Still is I think. Not sure though as I haven't been in a bar in over 20 years. 

BrilliantDownrightAfricanpiedkingfisher-size_restricted.gif

In our RL bar we still have special nights for line dancing now and then --- and we're more of a classic rock type bar.

Last few times the instructor had to tell the dancers to put their phones down as a few taking selfies were not paying attention and tripping others like dominoes.

Edited by Kimmi Zehetbauer
Forgot something.
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Selene Gregoire said:

It's called Line Dancing and was a thing at country & western bars in the US for many, many years. Still is I think. Not sure though as I haven't been in a bar in over 20 years. 

BrilliantDownrightAfricanpiedkingfisher-size_restricted.gif

It is still a thing at the country bars in Colorado, though not as popular as it was 20-25 years ago.  Or maybe it is still popular with the younger crowd and I'm just not out late enough to see them these days.  My husband and I still go out to our favorite country bar, sometimes weekly, sometimes only once a month -- but we do couples country dancing (and a some ballroom and latin dances).

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Logged on to set Winter House and saw girl walked around my homespot,asked her to leave.She said she fell down from store,and told me i have awful house,lol . and on the next day she wrote:i thonk you funny at parties,but i doubt you ever get invited.

 

 

😁

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You go to an event/fair and see a nice outfit. The top is there, you impulse buy. You look on the other side of the display and something not in the ad or has a different ad, but it’s totally unrelated.....like a bodysuit.

Where are the jeans/shorts/skirt that are in the first ad? I’m refusing to go to your store just because you did that!!!!

Stahp doing that!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Since Black Friday is just around the corner. I think my biggest pet peeve is when store owners in SL, say it's 50% off storewide. But fail to tell you that due to vendor script limitations, is that you have to pay full price and get a refund back. I think I saw maybe one store actually openly admit to that on my FB. If you are gonna have a sale, please put in the poster that you have to pay full price and you will get a refund back of whatever the percentage of the discount is. Especially for newer users, who have no idea how it works. It can be very misleading to them, that they have to pay full price and will get a percentage of it refunded.

 

Edited by halebore Aeon
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...