Jump to content

What are some of your pet peeves?


You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 99 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Recommended Posts

Low waist, high waist ... every pants comes with a different waist height and even if you buy another pants from the same creator it will most likely have a different waist height too. If you seek for a fitting tucked in button down shirt or tucked in t-shirt, you will mostly fail. It never fits. There will always be a gap. Not to talk about the belts .. NONE fits and NONE is mod. And if you do not want to tuck the shirt in, the pants will most likely clip through. I hate that. 

Edited by Conall DeCuir
typo
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 5.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Oh I just have one pet peeve. I really can't stand people who are annoyed by either of the following: empty profiles, 'unreadable' fonts, unmatching body parts, flexi prims, AO-less avis, jazz hands,

DJs/hosts teleport inviting their "friends"

I'm not apportioning blame for what's been going on in this forum recently, because that's one thing that appears to start a thread on its downward spiral. Like many of us here - I am absolutely

Posted Images

58 minutes ago, janetosilio said:

You go to an event/fair and see a nice outfit. The top is there, you impulse buy. You look on the other side of the display and something not in the ad or has a different ad, but it’s totally unrelated.....like a bodysuit.

Where are the jeans/shorts/skirt that are in the first ad? I’m refusing to go to your store just because you did that!!!!

Stahp doing that!!!

Among my annoyances of this type: Advertisement showing a fantastic outfit, head-to-toe, selling... shoes. :|

34 minutes ago, halebore Aeon said:

Since Black Friday is just around the corner. I think my biggest pet peeve is when store owners in SL, say it's 50% off storewide. But fail to tell you that due to vendor script limitations, is that you have to pay full price and get a refund back. I think I saw maybe one store actually openly admit to that on my FB. If you are gonna have a sale, please put in the poster that you have to pay full price and you will get a refund back of whatever the percentage of the discount is. Especially for newer users, who have no idea how it works. It can be very misleading to them, that they have to pay full price and will get a percentage of it refunded.

 

My view on sales is: 50% Discount means you've been charging 25% too much to begin with.

Edited by Alyona Su
Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Conall DeCuir said:

Low waist, high waist ... every pants comes with a different waist height and even if you buy another pants from the same creator it will most likely have a different waist height too. If you seek for a fitting tucked in button down shirt or tucked in t-shirt, you will mostly fail. It never fits. There will always be a gap. Not to talk about the belts .. NONE fits and NONE is mod. And if you do not want to tuck the shirt in, the pants will most likely clip through. I hate that. 

I've always thought it a shame that Blueberry doesn't make outfits for men. Somewhere there must be a creator of mens clothing that is on-par with Blueberry in the high-quality department.

Edited by Alyona Su
Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Alyona Su said:

My view on sales is: 50% Discount means you've been charging 25% too much to begin with.

I do have to agree with you there, but with designers there are things that are very misleading. Like, get your group gift, and it will cost you a Linden or more, which you will never get back. Oh we are having a sale, and instead of telling your customers what actually happens. You leave that small detail out. If you are having a major sale, and it's not get 50% off completely. Then specify on the poster, pay full price for the item and get a refund of the discount back. This is absolutely insane. Like for example, got this gift. Won't name the store. But it was marked 1L, I was like alright. I am gonna get my Linden back. Nope, the designer kept it. I know that probably sounds cheap. But how does the definition of gift, or sale change in SL? That makes no sense to me. My point is, what is up with the changing of definitions, and it all being misleading. New users are not gonna understand that, they are gonna assume it means the same here as it does in RL.

Edited by halebore Aeon
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, halebore Aeon said:

I do have to agree with you there, but with designers there are things that are very misleading. Like, get your group gift, and it will cost you a Linden or more, which you will never get back. Oh we are having a sale, and instead of telling your customers what actually happens. You leave that small detail out. If you are having a major sale, and it's not get 50% off completely. Then specify on the poster, pay full price for the item and get a refund of the discount back. This is absolutely insane. Like for example, got this gift. Won't name the store. But it was marked 1L, I was like alright. I am gonna get my Linden back. Nope, the designer kept it. I know that probably sounds cheap. But how does the definition of gift, or sale change in SL? That makes no sense to me.

I agree. (And my OC pertained more to RL than SL LOL - and if you save 50% on sale, you save 100% if you just don't buy it, right?)

The biggest problem with merchants in SL is that they try to be business people but don't know business. Blueberry does it right. Theirs is the one and only clothing-merchant group I stay with. Other SL merchants really need to learn from them in terms how how to engage your customers and do business right. There are a few others almost as good as Blueberry in terms of customer-engagement and really providing a great value-add to their brands, but they are too far and few between.

Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, Alyona Su said:

I've always thought it a shame that Blueberry doesn't make outfits for men. Somewhere there must be a creator of mens clothing that is on-par with Blueberry in the high-quality department.

Pucca Firecaster and Nobel Creations are excellent for menswear in my opinion. 

Edited by Erwin Solo
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Alyona Su said:

I agree. (And my OC pertained more to RL than SL LOL - and if you save 50% on sale, you save 100% if you just don't buy it, right?)

The biggest problem with merchants in SL is that they try to be business people but don't know business. Blueberry does it right. Theirs is the one and only clothing-merchant group I stay with. Other SL merchants really need to learn from them in terms how how to engage your customers and do business right. There are a few others almost as good as Blueberry in terms of customer-engagement and really providing a great value-add to their brands, but they are too far and few between.

I have found 3 merchants who I buy from because of their attention to detail. It’s the little things that matter to me. For example, when I remove a piece of clothing, like my shirt, my upper body naturally returns. It seems like such a small thing but it really isn’t. It makes life so much smoother. I totally agree with you. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Marut72 said:

I have found 3 merchants who I buy from because of their attention to detail. It’s the little things that matter to me. For example, when I remove a piece of clothing, like my shirt, my upper body naturally returns. It seems like such a small thing but it really isn’t. It makes life so much smoother. I totally agree with you. 

Sure, I'm referring to their notices - on a regular schedule. And their only have a sale when an item is first introduced and for a limited time a "mega-pack" so you can get the entire ensemble (all in fatbacks) of the outfit, where each piece is normally sold separately. Once a month or so they also have what they call (and a great marketing buzzword play on their brand) "Budget-Berry" - which is the same high quality and attention to detail bu for half the cost of their normal stuff. My point is that they use their group to generate excitement without overdoing it and their offers are genuine offers, not some marketing-only ploy.

Too many other groups are a lot more annoying that helpful to me. So I may join a group to grab freebies or a discount, then immediately leave the group. If there is a cost of more than L$1 to join their group, I ignore and move on.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, Alyona Su said:

I've always thought it a shame that Blueberry doesn't make outfits for men. Somewhere there must be a creator of mens clothing that is on-par with Blueberry in the high-quality department.

Oh, there are good creators who sell pants with fitting button down shirts and belts! It's just so that you can't mix and match. Besides, i somehow think at very tight pants when i think at Blueberry and .. well .. i like more space :)

Edited by Conall DeCuir
typo
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, janetosilio said:

You go to an event/fair and see a nice outfit. The top is there, you impulse buy. You look on the other side of the display and something not in the ad or has a different ad, but it’s totally unrelated.....like a bodysuit.

Where are the jeans/shorts/skirt that are in the first ad? I’m refusing to go to your store just because you did that!!!!

Stahp doing that!!!

Speaking of events. This will be a long one, so hold your butts.

So myself and a friend, talked about this extensively. Our conversation was actually pretty good and we made a lot of points that made sense

1) Cut down on Events in General, there doesn't need to be one opening every week.  There are way too many monthly and weekly events, that includes store events

2) Start creating more quarterly, Biannual and Annual events.

3) Instead of booths, get really creative and unique. Allow myself and other customers to escape in a world, for the mere little bit we are shopping there. Really create a shopping experience.

The fact is that events as a whole, are totally oversaturated. They lack creativity and excitement. As they have the same stuff in it, month after month. How many bodysuits, does one really need? The designers, especially the newer ones. Seem to think that they need to apply for all these events, to be successful. In which, it makes a lot of them overworked and highly underpaid. You can really tell, when their quality starts to dwindle. That they are burned out. The fact of the matter is, events are not exciting at all. They present the same thing over and over again, and the designers are practically one person, or small team mass production factories.

That all being said, this needs to change. How many dang adult themed or certain themed events do we need.  I think there are like 4 adult events on the grid, and they are just going down the drain for quality designs. The wow factor is gone.

  • Like 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, Conall DeCuir said:

Oh, there are good creators who sell pants with fitting button down shirts and belts! It's just so that you can't mix and match. Besides, i somehow think at very tight pants when i think at Blueberry and .. well .. i like more space :)

Chaps and cod-piece, then? ~bounces eyebrows~

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Alyona Su said:

I've always thought it a shame that Blueberry doesn't make outfits for men. Somewhere there must be a creator of mens clothing that is on-par with Blueberry in the high-quality department.

Gabriel and RKKN seem on par with Blueberry in the men’s dept imo.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Okay, this drives me nuts. I am a blogger, and I don't know if this is my OCD or that I am just bugged my the sheer laziness of some bloggers. When you create a blog and post your credits on Flickr, please for the love of god. Leave links to the store, and the event that it's at. The amount of Lazy bloggers that I see on Flickr that basically do this.

▪ earmuffs // Accessory Store( No exact name to the product, No Link to the Store is provided, within the store name and you just give a basic description of the item name.)

▪ hair // Hair Store (Same thing as above)

▪ top & jacket // Clothing Store (Leaves no name to the jacket, and doesn't even add proper links to stores or events)

▪ lights & trees // Decor Store(Same as Above)

Look, I am not gonna take all day to try and figure out where it's at. I am not a sleuth, I am a consumer and blogger. So when you post your credits, please leave as much detail about the item, and where you got it.

Edited by halebore Aeon
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, halebore Aeon said:

Since Black Friday is just around the corner. I think my biggest pet peeve is when store owners in SL, say it's 50% off storewide. But fail to tell you that due to vendor script limitations, is that you have to pay full price and get a refund back. I think I saw maybe one store actually openly admit to that on my FB. If you are gonna have a sale, please put in the poster that you have to pay full price and you will get a refund back of whatever the percentage of the discount is. Especially for newer users, who have no idea how it works. It can be very misleading to them, that they have to pay full price and will get a percentage of it refunded.

A store I often visit has one of these sales ongoing right now. The title of the notice was "50% refund sale at x", and the body of the notice included "You’ll be automatically refunded 50% when you buy anything at the store". Which is great! But this store is very much so an exception to the normal approach for this.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, AyelaNewLife said:

A store I often visit has one of these sales ongoing right now. The title of the notice was "50% refund sale at x", and the body of the notice included "You’ll be automatically refunded 50% when you buy anything at the store". Which is great! But this store is very much so an exception to the normal approach for this.

I usually use FB first thing in the morning, to see what stores are having these sales. The posters lack any sort of info to that. Heck, they don't even say 50% refund sale. It's just 50% off of certain items, except these specific items. I just want the creators to be more specific on the posters they are putting up all over the place. I just want these creators to take that extra few seconds to write down, that you are paying full price. But are getting the whatever percentage they have it marked back, refunded to you.

Edited by halebore Aeon
Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, janetosilio said:

Gabriel and RKKN seem on par with Blueberry in the men’s dept imo.

RKKN, Etiquette, Gabriel, Arcback, Mossu, VUK, Ascend, MGMen and Cold-Ash has a great new outfit at .. i believe TMD. There are more. Still their waist height differs :(

Link to post
Share on other sites

My pet peeve in SL is...I go to many live performances.  I generously support the Artists, the Host/Hostesses, and especially the venues every single time, for every single show.  I get upset when I go to a venue for a live performance, and they land me....NO WHERE NEAR THE VENUE!  I am forced to wander around aimlessly wasting MY time to enjoy the show.  I think they want you to see their sim, and stores, but I am not there to explore or shop.  If I can't find the stage in a few minutes - I LEAVE!  That is NOT fair to the Artist.  UGH!  Even just typing about that, gets my blood boiling.   Sorry...that is what a pet peeve is, isn't it?

Edited by cia Beach
Link to post
Share on other sites

Today's pet peeve:  I'm going through some lipsticks and eyeshadows to figure out what to wear.  The lipstick package came with a picture, but the lipsticks are simply numbered 1-10 and I cannot find any correlation between the numbers and the ordering of the colors on the picture.  Similar, the eyeshadow package has a picture of all of the colors, but the eyeshadows themselves all have names that do not imply the color (at least not to me) and there are no labels on the picture.  Thus, I have to try on each one until I find the one that I'm looking for.

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, cia Beach said:

My pet peeve in SL is...I go to many live performances.  I generously support the Artists, the Host/Hostesses, and especially the venues every single time, for every single show.  I get upset when I go to a venue for a live performance, and they land me....NO WHERE NEAR THE VENUE!  I am forced to wander around aimlessly wasting MY time to enjoy the show.  I think they want you to see their sim, and stores, but I am not there to explore or shop.  If I can't find the stage in a few minutes - I LEAVE!  That is NOT fair to the Artist.  UGH!  Even just typing about that, gets my blood boiling.   Sorry...that is what a pet peeve is, isn't it?

I ran into that too. I remember moving my club building a couple tads and forgot to update the landing spot.  When I was seeing avi's landing a distance, I went outside the club's doors and made the new landing strip.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/27/2019 at 11:59 AM, halebore Aeon said:

Speaking of events. This will be a long one, so hold your butts.

So myself and a friend, talked about this extensively. Our conversation was actually pretty good and we made a lot of points that made sense

1) Cut down on Events in General, there doesn't need to be one opening every week.  There are way too many monthly and weekly events, that includes store events

2) Start creating more quarterly, Biannual and Annual events.

3) Instead of booths, get really creative and unique. Allow myself and other customers to escape in a world, for the mere little bit we are shopping there. Really create a shopping experience.

The fact is that events as a whole, are totally oversaturated. They lack creativity and excitement. As they have the same stuff in it, month after month. How many bodysuits, does one really need? The designers, especially the newer ones. Seem to think that they need to apply for all these events, to be successful. In which, it makes a lot of them overworked and highly underpaid. You can really tell, when their quality starts to dwindle. That they are burned out. The fact of the matter is, events are not exciting at all. They present the same thing over and over again, and the designers are practically one person, or small team mass production factories.

That all being said, this needs to change. How many dang adult themed or certain themed events do we need.  I think there are like 4 adult events on the grid, and they are just going down the drain for quality designs. The wow factor is gone.

I know I am quoting myself, but this is an addon instead of an edit. I think that in SL and RL, people just want want want. This is why you see all these new events pop up, and I don't mean the whole consumerism at it's highest. But they will get bored of their new item, they had for like a day or two or a week at most and want something else. In that sense, we start to realize that creators have a need to supply for the demand of the consumer. Which is to make more stuff, at a rapid pace.

Link to post
Share on other sites
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 99 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

×
×
  • Create New...