Second Life personality traits

GuyJee

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2158 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

If women are acting cold, it also might be because so many men act like we're ready to do some pixel poking just because we're in SL to begin with.  I do not immediately hop on a sex bed with anyone, and have even warned guys that they'll probably find me boring.  That hasn't stopped many from thinking they'll be the one to get me naked in a day or two.  And it's after that day or two the nicer acting guys stop chatting with me, the not so nice ones didn't get past "Hi. U r sexy".  Some girls get that a few times a week, so yeah, that tends to stop some of us from being the friendliest creatures in SL till we know someone better.

• Like 1

GuyJee started us off with: "... lately I've noticed two basic personalities among SL avatars..."

First, anyone who sees people in any sort of binary system has, consciously or not, limited themselves.  NOTHING about people can be described as "there are two kinds of people..."  GuyJee, you aren't looking widely enough or deeply enough.

A second clue is that GuyJee's description of personality boils down to to a description of appearance, as has been previously noted.  The advent of mesh avatars has, indeed, done something to homogenize the SL population's appearance, but not nearly so much as I had feared, and not nearly so much as GuyJee describes.

Last night, I was sitting at Caledon Oxbridge University, watching the world go by.  In the space of an hour, I saw:

• A soft and pretty lady wearing a long blue dress and horn rim glasses that made her look intelligent, vulnerable, and sexy all at the same time
  • A woman carrying at least six shopping bags, with a cookie in her mouth
  • A skeleton made of plywood bones, walking a prim plywood dog
  • A woman on a horse
  • An animated tree
  • A seven foot tall, white and red humanoid with many characteristics of a dragon
  • A one foot tall teddy bear wearing a scarf
  • A well-dressed Victorian gentleman
  • A well-dressed contemporary gentleman
  • Someone wearing a toga and a Homeric Greek helmet
  • Some people wearing standard newbie starter avatars.  They didn't count for purposes of this brief survey

I didn't see any examples of the avatar styles that GuyJee complains of.

As for actual personality types, there's a lot more than two of those, too.  Meyers Briggs recognizes four dimensions of personality, and they're a spectrum, not binary.  And I think even that's an oversimplification.  In a group of 1,000 people, you'll probably find at least 1,000 different people.  Not counting the schizophrenics.

• Like 6
  • Confused 1

21 hours ago, AyelaNewLife said:

Ooo I like this game, I wanna play!

(Hilarious list)

Did I miss any?

I could do one for women but I really don't want the painful self-reflection that would cause...

You definitely should.

I spit out my soup and started cracking up when I read this.

1 minute ago, Lindal Kidd said:

I do, and it's not.  Which is not to say the word cannot be used in a joke.  Lighten up please.

No, no, no you don't get out of it by making me out to be at fault. If you understand schizophrenia tell me what it is, without stopping to look it up, and how it fits into your statement.  I'll wait.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Dillon Levenque said:

No way she was talking about you. "2. Women act like cold, very sexualized mean [ladies] you can't even afford to look at them because of so hot they are. " Well, except for the hot, maybe. You are smokin' hot ;-). 

I've been described as cold and reserved before, lol. Also, I run around in skimpy clothes!  And to quote Han Solo: I know. *Puts on sunglasses*

1 hour ago, Madelaine McMasters said:

...primps, preens, bats her eyelashes... and sharpens her trident.

I'm not sure if I should be concerned about the trident part, or exited.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

• 2 weeks later...
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2158 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.