Second Life personality traits

GuyJee

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2001 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

On 9/30/2018 at 8:07 PM, GuyJee said:

I've been in SL for around some time and back in the days I noticed people were more genuine. 

people pretending to be something they are not only to be tagged as cool, popular, or because they feel the need to fit in.

What happened?

Regards.

What happened, my friend, is that you got old. Trends change, there is no right or wrong because everything IS right and wrong at the same time and you are either insider or an outsider. 

There are people out there who are outsiders by nature and they aren't concerned with trends or fitting in and there are also people who, when they realize the world has changed (while they did not) feel the need to complain about the good old times... 

• Like 1

I’ve been “playing” since teen grid SL, and I have had problems lately finding some nice people. I know all the places to go but I only find people with lists of demands and they get intensely aggressive if I don’t meet those demands, which I never will.  I just want a friend with some similar even singular interest I have. Not the friend for a night type. Hey, if anyone is interested message me in that cold dark world.

My personality online is the same as my personality in real life. I've experimented with going with different personalities that are not true to mine before, but it didn't go well. I was unsatisfied and barely found any joy with the things I was doing. At the end, I ended up abandoning my fake personality traits and reverted back to my true personality traits.

On 9/30/2018 at 11:07 AM, GuyJee said:

Hi there,

I am not sure why but lately I've noticed two basic personalities among SL avatars, I don't know if SL makes you like that, or everybody tries to get in the same boat and act that way because it is a trendy thing. I've been in SL for around some time and back in the days I noticed people were more genuine, but nowadays, besides of 'pailed-looking-white-haired' avatars everywhere, there's also a trend in the way people react;

1. Man try to look alphas, dominant, they even try to sound like a greek god movie star when on voice. It's sad.

2. Women act like cold, very sexualized mean [ladies] you can't even afford to look at them because of so hot they are. 

Now I would accept these as individual personality trait, but not when 90% of SL acts this way. It's so fake and disgusting, people pretending to be something they are not only to be tagged as cool, popular, or because they feel the need to fit in. This Virtual World definetely lost what made people genuine here.

Most populated places now are only people described above, avatars with  static poses watching each other for hours without even engaging in any kind of interaction, it's so sad.

Only places I still find some genuine people are in newbie landing areas, I suppose new joiners discovering this world still got the same "innocence" and admiration to discover new things and be what they really can't in RL. But then again, eventually these guys will also turn into SL snobbism.

What happened?

Regards.

Yes, there are a lot of people who log into SL for pixel sexxors. There are many who don't.

I'm one of the ones that doesn't. I freely admit I have been an SL virgin for 13 years. That will never change.

No, I'm not interested in getting to know anyone that posts such snotty snobbery as you have.

2 hours ago, Alyona Su said:

/me laughs!

You just made the OP's point. :)

Nah. Just pointing out that he was being the way he was accusing others of being. 

You know, the one who screams loudest is most guilty and for every finger he points at others, there are three pointing back at him.

Yeah, that. ;)

Edited by Selene Gregoire
  • Like 1

35 minutes ago, Selene Gregoire said:

Nah. Just pointing out that he was being the way he was accusing others of being. 

You know, the one who screams loudest is most guilty and for every finger he points at others, there are three pointing back at him.

Yeah, that. ;)

Like @Love Zhaoying said.

It's a lot like the word "fair" - which is an oxymoron in and of itself; it's a 'null' word without meaning because what is "fair" to me may not be "fair" to you. I said that to say this: (LOL) - This thread applies to all of us equally, including the OP himself. Because *context* is king. :)

Well, except for @LittleMe Jewell . (Sort of) *Snorts* ?

Edited by Alyona Su
  • Like 1

31 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

We are all guilty of something! So, there!

Yes, we are, you little tail swiperer you. :x

Which was the whole point. The problem I had with the OP was the fact that he was "pointing fingers" without taking time to examine his own feelings and reactions with an understanding of why he feels that way instead of sweeping them under the rug. 

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Alyona Su said:

Like @Love Zhaoying said.

It's a lot like the word "fair" - which is an oxymoron in and of itself; it's a 'null' word without meaning because what is "fair" to me may not be "fair" to you. I said that to say this: (LOL) - This thread applies to all of us equally, including the OP himself. Because *context* is king. :)

Well, except for @LittleMe Jewell . *Snorts* ?

I've been around a few decades so you aren't telling me anything I haven't known for a long time.

See my reply to Love. :)

11 minutes ago, Selene Gregoire said:

I've been around a few decades so you aren't telling me anything I haven't known for a long time.

See my reply to Love. :)

Though I quoted you, my reply is usually generally for everyone else. Yeah, I've been there done that for a few SL years, myself. :)

Edited by Alyona Su
  • Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, Alyona Su said:

It's a lot like the word "fair" - which is an oxymoron in and of itself; it's a 'null' word without meaning because what is "fair" to me may not be "fair" to you.

I used to always tell my children that "fair" is not the same as "equal", though way too many people just don't seem to understand that.

57 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

The only “fair” thing is our excellent Forum Moderators!!  I salute and appreciate them!

12 minutes ago, Selene Gregoire said:

Suck up. :PxD

I was thinking of a different term, but I don't think a specific color juxtaposed with a specific facial feature would be understood by very many international readers. Bahahahaha!

Edited by Alyona Su
  • Haha 2

A bit salty OP?

On 9/30/2018 at 2:07 PM, GuyJee said:

Now I would accept these as individual personality trait, but not when 90% of SL acts this way. It's so fake and disgusting, people pretending to be something they are not only to be tagged as cool, popular, or because they feel the need to fit in.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
On 9/30/2018 at 9:27 PM, Sandy Schnook said:

If women are acting cold, it also might be because so many men act like we're ready to do some pixel poking just because we're in SL to begin with.  I do not immediately hop on a sex bed with anyone, and have even warned guys that they'll probably find me boring.  That hasn't stopped many from thinking they'll be the one to get me naked in a day or two.  And it's after that day or two the nicer acting guys stop chatting with me, the not so nice ones didn't get past "Hi. U r sexy".  Some girls get that a few times a week, so yeah, that tends to stop some of us from being the friendliest creatures in SL till we know someone better.

I don't know if this is all guys, but it is certainly almost all groups where guys are hanging around.  And I would add one more type of guy here, the ones where if you DARE to say no, they get inflamed and start name calling.  I don't know about everyone else, but when a guy starts calling me nasty names I always realize that I messed up and should have said "yes."  :P

• Haha 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2001 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.