Second Life personality traits

GuyJee

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2066 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hi there,

I am not sure why but lately I've noticed two basic personalities among SL avatars, I don't know if SL makes you like that, or everybody tries to get in the same boat and act that way because it is a trendy thing. I've been in SL for around some time and back in the days I noticed people were more genuine, but nowadays, besides of 'pailed-looking-white-haired' avatars everywhere, there's also a trend in the way people react;

1. Man try to look alphas, dominant, they even try to sound like a greek god movie star when on voice. It's sad.

2. Women act like cold, very sexualized mean [ladies] you can't even afford to look at them because of so hot they are. 

Now I would accept these as individual personality trait, but not when 90% of SL acts this way. It's so fake and disgusting, people pretending to be something they are not only to be tagged as cool, popular, or because they feel the need to fit in. This Virtual World definetely lost what made people genuine here.

Most populated places now are only people described above, avatars with  static poses watching each other for hours without even engaging in any kind of interaction, it's so sad.

Only places I still find some genuine people are in newbie landing areas, I suppose new joiners discovering this world still got the same "innocence" and admiration to discover new things and be what they really can't in RL. But then again, eventually these guys will also turn into SL snobbism.

What happened?

Regards.

Edited by Jagix Linden
Profanity
  • Haha 3
  • Confused 5
  • Sad 1

Hi, GuyJee,

I am a woman in all worlds and have been a member of SL collectively for 11 yrs+. From my perspective, you are right about the hyper-male avatar. Many of those types hang out at biker bars, hard rock clubs etc. It's sort of a rp situation. Female avatars that hang with them are tattooed and hot.. but, it's expected for them to be that way.. part of the rp. I occasionally "dress" to fit the club theme.. or the fantasy theme.. I think most ppl on sl do. Not all of them are bit*hes. GuyJee, I think that if you go to clubs that headbang, you're going to run into ppl like what you are describing.. but not all. If you go to more sedate places, like forests and clubs that are more geared to oldies.. where ppl meet, talk and dance, it's going to be much easier going and much easier to meet ppl. So what I'm trying to say in a nutshell is, it depends on where you hang out. Different places attract different ppl. Just remember.. not all ppl on SL are hyper-sexualized and most are pretty much just normal ppl when you get to know them. Hope this helps ☺️

• Like 7

Hmm I guess I fall into description of pale long white haired avatar, but can't say I have noticed a lot of people around dressing the same. I have a script to stop other people getting in the same boat as me.

All I can say really is I don't share the same experience, but then I don't hang around much. Only dropped on to the forum whilst taking a break between sailing cruises.

Edit thinks about it.. maybe I do seem [unfriendly]? no one has mentioned that before.

Edited by Jagix Linden
Profanity
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Phil Deakins said:

To be perfectly honest, I never find the sort of people you described in SL - never! It must be down to either or both of 2 things. One is the places you hang out, as was already suggested, and the other is that I never go anywhere, so I don't meet anyone - ever!

Where as for me I am normally so busy going somewhere I rarely stop anywhere for long... lol

1 hour ago, GuyJee said:

1. [Men] try to look [like] alphas, dominant, they even try to sound like a greek god movie star when on voice. It's sad.

2. Women act like cold, very sexualized mean 'bitches' you can't even afford to look at them because of so hot they are. 

That's not my perception. I've noticed lately that there are two basic personalities among SL avatars that are way different.

1. Men look like hipsters with tight pants with crotches between their knees. It's really terrible.

2. Women with big *** and little round eyes set apart really far and very sad-looking mouths. Revolting. Zum kotzen.

Ofcourse, I'm being sarcastic.

For one, These are not personalities, but just avatar looks you're describing. In addition, judging one's character or personality based on looks is rather superficial. You could be totally wrong in your character assessment. Finally, you're judging these personalities as 'sad' and 'fake' and 'disgusting' too. Whether certain looks and behaviors are sad or disgusting his is a matter of taste that many people will disagree with.

Most populated places now are only people described above

No. Most populated places are furries. No wait, tinies.

Again. I kid and I tend to disagree there too. Can you support your claim with hard cold data? Is your finding based on visits to randomly selected places?  For all matter, your observation could be biased because of your preference to visit nude beaches or daddy dom/baby girl sims.

1 hour ago, GuyJee said:

Most populated places now are only people described above, avatars with  static poses watching each other for hours without even engaging in any kind of interaction, it's so sad.

Looks like you never visited any roleplay sims or music events, or contests.

My advice is to go to other places, not just the ones that have 20 or more green dots on the map or the ones ranking highest in Search.

Edited by Arduenn Schwartzman
  • Like 4

It's my world my imagination..Just as it's your world ,your imagination.

It's a good chance those won't end up be the same thing..

Same goes for RL..We're all the universe,just checking our self out, from different perspectives.

I've been in SL for about 12 years now..I've had a pretty good SL so far,I'd have to say..:)

• Like 4

1 hour ago, GuyJee said:

1. Man try to look alphas, dominant, they even try to sound like a greek god movie star when on voice. It's sad.

2. Women act like cold, very sexualized mean [ladies] you can't even afford to look at them because of so hot they are.

1: i see lotssss of other guys... nice guys, less nice guys but still good... straight, gay , bi, doms, slaves, subs, masters, femboys, t boys , trans, travs ... as last also the ones i don't like, ...and all kinds i forget to mention ...

2:  most girls/women i meet are nice people, i could give the same line as at 1 ... just in female equals

perhaps travel a bit more to see the other parts of SL?

Edited by Jagix Linden
Quoted Profanity
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, GuyJee said:

there's also a trend in the way people react;

Ooo I like this game, I wanna play!

• Muscle-bound brotha from da hood with a knee-length schlong bangin all dem white hoes. You know full well it's actually just some middle aged, divorced accountant called Derek who kids refuse to talk to him.
  • Armchair Dominant. Walks around with a "Master" tag and expects all women to bow at his feet because of it. Probably has a small harem that call him "Daddy". Still lives with his mother.
  • "I'm not like all those other musclebound idiots (still has six pack) /me smiles can I take you dancing using the dance menu on my sex bed my lady?" Feels entitled to your attention and/or sex, demands a reason in essay form if his 'wooing' fails.
  • Every square inch of skin is covered with either a Satanist tattoo or a piercing, preferably both, bonus points for tattoos that look like scars in the shape of words. Only owns black clothing. Afraid of women.
  • "I'm from Brazil. You can tell that because my name has 'Br' in for no real reason. Did you know that I'm from Brazil? Brazilian btw. From Brazil."
  • Likes boats/planes/cars/bikes/guns. Has zero other distinguishing features or personality traits. Complains when people bring up boats/planes/cars/bikes/guns to try and start a conversation.

Did I miss any?

I could do one for women but I really don't want the painful self-reflection that would cause...

Edited by Jagix Linden
I did typo; Profanity
  • Like 4
  • Haha 7

Seems like we are lucky to know wonderful ppl on SL... I have met lots of smarta*s and weirdos, but, that's what you meet in RL. I'm thinking that SL is very "condensed".. so, ignorance runs amok.. but every now and then, we meet wonderful, caring, loving individuals.. and Individuals is the key word.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, GuyJee said:

What happened?

It's because sensible people in SL are sensible enough to stay away from the afk/bot parking areas

• Like 3

3 hours ago, AyelaNewLife said:

Did I miss any?

You describe the heterosexual Males pretty well, although you forget to mention the height arms race.

From me, the aircraft carrier. She has set her butt slider to 100, her hips slider to 100, her saddle bags to 100, and her boobs to 100. You could land a plane on that butt. Her settings have broken her mesh and as a result she is the sort of woman with a thigh gap so wide it looks like she is riding an invisible pony. Invariably she has an overdone Display Name and her group title is "Hubby's Honeybobo" or along those lines. She stands in the landing zone at events and wears one of those "sigh" attachments.

Her husband is wearing a dark thug-like skin with dreads pulled up into a man bun. He has more tattoos then a sailor's grandma and wears only deep crotch tracksuit pants and sneakers with a huge blingy necklace. He carries a flick knife in one hand and a joint in the other. He has the same curly display name matching Mrs Huge Hips, and his group title is Wifey's Honeybunbun" He doesn't have a "sigh" attachment, but he does love gestures and uses them almost as much as a toddler.

And of course that brings me to that other group. The Toddlers. *run screaming, these guys are gesture annoying* Failed baby girls these chubby little runts waddle around with bling pacifiers (invariably labelled Princess) and frilly pink dresses with a lot of flowers. They spam gestures about how much they love their sissy endlessly. Sacchirine sweet the toddler is the most prolific gesture player in SL, even more annoying than that blond in Dance Island who spams her spanker and "oh la la la I love this DJ" the toddler will have you reaching for the parcel ban button faster then you can move.

• Like 3
  • Haha 8

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2066 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.