What are you doing today!? :D

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 225 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Left knee was hurting a lot this morning so I called into work (yeah, lazy me), slept a while more, and besides posting on the forums I have been working on my SL avatar to figure things out, and to make it at least functional and presentable. I even posted 2 pics of it in the Avatars section. So I might just take it out for a spin, now that I don't feel it's totally stupid looking, and fly all around SL (from coast to coast?) checking out things (finally!)...

And @TDD123, that is a totally fantastic looking rig you got set up there! Way to go... 👍
   An @Garnet Psaltery, I'm sure you'll do fine. Just remember to keep your shield up...
   And (finally lol) @Nick0678, gaming AND shopping? Glad to see your having fun too... 🙂

Peace (and crackers)...

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...

i found an amazing building to replace one i'd been using! problem is

a) previous building has lots of stuff surrounding it

b) new building is HUGE

...this is gonna take a while 8D so i guess i'm gonna be spending a few hours putting that into place lol

but hey better to be productive late at night considering food poisoning took me out most of the day

Edited by asteriddle
  • Like 2

Sorry to hear about the food poisoning @asteriddle; I know exactly how it feels, and it's NOT fun. But I love your spirit, so keep it up... 😁

As far as me goes, well I spent a lot of the day fixing my new Godzilla avatar with a fully functioning breath weapon for symatry sakes, went out looking for a small yet nice house to buy and live in, and then  hung out with @Echelon Alcott. On a side note though, I found the perfect house to live in (the link is down below if you want to see it), but unfortunately the store no longer exists. Otherwise I would buy it on the spot! lol Do any of you know where I can pick one up at, or another such house in a similar design by chance? :)

The Skybox Mothership...

Peace...

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

It is Monday, so back to work, it is cold, by Florida standards a lot of you would think it's a heat wave. Have new shoes, hoping my feet won't hurt at the end of the day like they did every day last week after wearing old worn out ones. Checking the forums on my phone, and thinking about a picture I want to take when I get back to SL.

• Like 3

• 1 month later...
5 hours ago, Garnet Psaltery said:

In SL I'm deciding whether to visit the Shop and Hop or spare my groaning inventory any more load. 

I haven't done the Shop & Hop yet -- RL has been too crazy this month.  I'm all caught up on other stuff though, so I plan on hitting it this week. 

Hell, I've already bloated my inventory with more stuff than I can use in the next 5 years, so I might as well keep going.

• Like 3

Sorta like in for a penny, in for a ton eh LittleMe? I'm down for that, seeing as I have no where near as much stuff in mine as many people I know... 😁
   But besides defiantly getting on at some point today, and going out to do some food-stuff's shopping in RL (always fun lol), I have to spend some time ordering a couple more college books for my 1st class ever in school. Should be fun... :)

Peace...

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Lokiande said:

Trying and failing to log into SL for the 4th day in a row. Seems there's some sort of host server issue going around that doesn't get fixed with a fresh viewer install

What message do you get on your screen when you try and fail to log into Second Life?

Just in case it's the issue that other people are having, change your log in location to Hissel or Chalvez or Yontz or Filby. These are just empty Linden owned waterland sims. 

11 minutes ago, Marigold Devin said:

What message do you get on your screen when you try and fail to log into Second Life?

Just in case it's the issue that other people are having, change your log in location to Hissel or Chalvez or Yontz or Filby. These are just empty Linden owned waterland sims. 

Login keeps hanging on Requesting Region Capabilities on SL and FS viewer, Initializing World on BD. having a fresh install, rebooting router, disconnecting and reconnecting to wifi/ethernet does nothing. maybe logging into one of those regions will help, IDK.

Generally, when login hangs while it's requesting region capabilities, it's a connection problem.  The "capabilities" involve connecting to the asset servers to download a fresh copy of your inventory, connecting with your friends list and your avatar data files -- all things that involve transferring a lot of data from SL servers to your computer. If you have a weak or irregular Internet connection, you could be losing enough packets to make a hash of the received files.

If I were you, I would avoid using a wifi connection if I could.  Many people have no trouble at all with wifi, but LL neither supports nor recommends it. If you can't avoid it, at least get your computer as close to the router as you can -- not at the other end of the house, behind several walls and where you might be getting RF interference from things like your refrigerator or other equipment.  Check all your cable connections. Consider adding a new DNS server to whatever is already in your router. I've been using the free Google DNS servers for years, as I know a lot of people have been. 

Rolig is pointing you in the right direction. But depending on the age of your WiFi access point and computer a wireless connection is unlikely or likely to be the problem. New equipment is better.

But figuring out where the problem is tough. If you have to get into it read Troubleshoot Your #SL Connection.

The article is old but it still works.

Whatever, the first step is to power down your Internet modem/gateway/router whatever you call it. Give it two minutes then power it on. Once Give it a couple of minutes to reconnect to the Internet. Then power down your computer and reboot it. This technique solves a large number of connection problems.

5 minutes ago, Lokiande said:

Connections are stable and holding strong, I can play intensive games like RDO no problem- it's just SL that seems to be running into a wall.

Hmmm...  Comparisons with other games may not be relevant. Most games do most of their work on your own machine, unlike SL, which depends on a steady stream of data between your machine and the routers. If your ping time to the servers is much over 150 msec, for example, your client and the servers can get out of sync.  If your packet loss in more than a couple of tenths of a percent, the connection will fail altogether.  Check CTRL-Shift-1 to see what those numbers (right at the top of the display) are.

28 minutes ago, Nalates Urriah said:

Rolig is pointing you in the right direction. But depending on the age of your WiFi access point and computer a wireless connection is unlikely or likely to be the problem. New equipment is better.

But figuring out where the problem is tough. If you have to get into it read Troubleshoot Your #SL Connection.

The article is old but it still works.

Whatever, the first step is to power down your Internet modem/gateway/router whatever you call it. Give it two minutes then power it on. Once Give it a couple of minutes to reconnect to the Internet. Then power down your computer and reboot it. This technique solves a large number of connection problems.

I have a tower from 2019, i've already done the "unplug router and restart PC"

26 minutes ago, Rolig Loon said:

Hmmm...  Comparisons with other games may not be relevant. Most games do most of their work on your own machine, unlike SL, which depends on a steady stream of data between your machine and the routers. If your ping time to the servers is much over 150 msec, for example, your client and the servers can get out of sync.  If your packet loss in more than a couple of tenths of a percent, the connection will fail altogether.  Check CTRL-Shift-1 to see what those numbers (right at the top of the display) are.

unfortunately that does nothing

-

Pretty sure this is an AWS issue because a few others have been having the same issue as me- in the bug tracker webpages at least one other person has the same unresolved problem and two more have reported it on the forums here and here

2 hours ago, Lokiande said:

Login keeps hanging on Requesting Region Capabilities on SL and FS viewer, Initializing World on BD. having a fresh install, rebooting router, disconnecting and reconnecting to wifi/ethernet does nothing. maybe logging into one of those regions will help, IDK.

This is a common problem unfortunately currently. Reinstalling won't help at all - isn't it frustrating?! Please do try to log  into one of the other regions. If it really is a problem with region capabilities, I am thinking it might be just specific regions that are having this issue since a Tuesday roll out of new code, hence me giving you several regions to try. I am using Firestorm and was able to log into Hissel only yesterday.

Good luck.

20 minutes ago, Marigold Devin said:

This is a common problem unfortunately currently. Reinstalling won't help at all - isn't it frustrating?! Please do try to log  into one of the other regions. If it really is a problem with region capabilities, I am thinking it might be just specific regions that are having this issue since a Tuesday roll out of new code, hence me giving you several regions to try. I am using Firestorm and was able to log into Hissel only yesterday.

Good luck.

HELL YEAH I FINALLY GOT IN

• Like 2

RL: SMH @ the endless lines of people qeueing in their cars, (up to 8 hrs in quite a few cases), throughout the eastern seaboard trying to get a covid test so they can go on holidays -> elsewhere <-. 

Why do people feel they HAVE to go elsewhere to be happy? They very obviously must lead completely miserable lives.
Today I'll cook a yummy brekky, (cooked way better than some nincompoop would cook "elsewhere").
Check on my mum to see if she needs anything and is comfy. Mow 1/3rd of the lawn which is sooo lush cause of the rains.
Have a rest on the lawn under the bee tree and watch gazillions of them working. (You can hear the swarm from 50m away).
Check a new rose bush sapling I struck from the original roses. Spend an hour or so cleaning and sorting inside & outside clutter.
Vacuum a room. Have a quick cleanup of my businesses mini workshop. Continue working on master graphic files for car window stickers to be laser cut from. Continue with some 3d design - (Norse designs atmo). Pay for some pre-cut box making timber = Tasmanian Blackwood & polished brass fittings, for a new display case and maybe go and pick them up. Continue working on mini "machines" I need for my business. (.75mm leather strip cutter and a rotating bobbin/s burnisher).
Continue polishing works to diamond finish standards. Continue composing some music in DAW software. (MOTU Digital Performer). Be whistling and singing to myself quietly the whole day.

Waste hours & hours waiting to fly somewhere? Risk high speed traffic to be able to say "Oh I went here for my holidays"?.
I'm not going anywhere. I don't need to.

• Like 3

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 225 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.