What are you doing today!? :D

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 224 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Intently watching the news of the evacuation and pre-evacuation areas due to the fires currently going on in Boulder, CO.

We are not yet in pre-evac mode, but we have already prepped a few things for loading into the cars, if need be.

Before, it was only the fires in the mountains and the foothills that one had to worry about - and we are far enough away from those areas that we never had to worry.  These are massive grass fires that are tearing though suburbs, definitely outside of the 'foothills' areas. -- all being spurred by extremely high winds.

Edited by LittleMe Jewell
  • Sad 8

10 hours ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

That was quite unnerving.  I've never even come close to possibly needing to evacuate my home before.  The devastation from it all is just unreal.

Thank God your alright though LittleMe; had me worried there for a minute. Please keep us appraised on the situation, especially if it get worse ok. Fires SUCK!!!

Peace...

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, BjorJlen said:

Thank God your alright though LittleMe; had me worried there for a minute. Please keep us appraised on the situation, especially if it get worse ok. Fires SUCK!!!

Peace...

Thanks.

Winds have shifted direction and their force has dropped (winds were gusting to 110 miles per hour when it all started).  Additionally, our forecasted snowstorm has arrived, causing temps to drop and snow to start.  Even though all of the fire isn't out yet, they are not expecting any new evacuations.

• Like 2

I'm going through my budget at my flat and organising to do lists and actually I am not doing any of that because I am procrastinating, dipping in and out of Second Life forums, Facebook and my emails. I only came to the table for a pen but the computer was on! 

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

• 3 weeks later...

It's snowing today.  Down town Athens, everything is white.  So I put on triple coats and trousers etc, I went shopping on foot, with an umbrella.  Back home, I am cooking a meal for all of us (dog, cats and boss) cleaning the house and surfing in the net.  On tv I see the attiki avenue on traffic jam, that is drivers immobilized and freezing during 10 hours already and running. 

My car to me is outside my window (my apartment is on ground floor) and I chose not to take it (it goes without saying).

I will take all the necessary time until to complete above tasks and in between lots of breaks (second life and netflix).  I am lucky to be happy in the middle of the extreme weather conditions.

akropolis.jpg

Edited by examining
  • Like 10

46 minutes ago, examining said:

It's snowing today.  Down town Athens, everything is white.  So I put on triple coats and trousers etc, I went shopping on foot, with an umbrella.  Back home, I am cooking a meal for all of us (dog, cats and boss) cleaning the house and surfing in the net.  On tv I see the attiki avenue on traffic jam, that is drivers immoblized and freezing during 10 hours already and running. 

My car to me is outside my window (my apartment is on ground floor) and I chose not to take it (it goes without saying).

I will take all the necessary time until to complete above tasks and in between lots of breaks (second life and netflix).  I am lucky to be happy in the middle of the extreme weather conditions.

akropolis.jpg

What a beautiful picture.  The Parthenon looks like a cake surrounded by icing sugar. :) 

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Enjoying some morning coffee while browsing some cute items at Hentai Fair.

..at the same time watch/listen to a lovely young lady from Vegas who's licking plastic ears on Twitch  (1000+ viewers)

*Twitch = PG only show

(threw a virtual tomato at her, she cried laughing.. cute)

OpvHuie.png

On 2/20/2022 at 2:14 AM, examining said:

For some time now I feel a pain along
my thighs whenever I feel sad. Lately it has become
more permanent.
It's like stitches or stabs and walking is
not very steady.

I'm going to be examined today.

I hope you are doing better. I had such pain myself and it was due to incorrect posture, causing a compression on my lower spinal nerve (spinal stenosis).  Who knew a thigh could hurt so much!

It's so easy to slump when sitting too long, due to fatigue, depression, or sadness. So I made a conscious effort to sit correctly and also did exercises to both stretch and strengthen those muscles supporting my spine.  I didn't want to risk Covid so found the exercises given by physical therapists on Youtube.  So far, so good, but if the pain gets bad again and Covid cases lessen in my area I'll get it checked out.

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 224 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.