What are you doing today!? :D

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 197 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

On 3/20/2021 at 10:00 AM, Moxie Quan said:

Wish I saw this sooner. But today is the last day of the Virtual Worlds Best Practices in Education - VWBPE 2021 Conference which is held here in SL for 14 yrs running.  There are conferences held by RL teachers, scientists, dive instructors and there was a session yesterday with some Lindens, plus a number of exhibits to visit.  Today I'll hosting at the gateway and one of the exhibits. 

For more info visit: https://www.vwbpe.org/

Watch live feed or sessions held Thursday and Friday here: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC2FdFXompIUI4zmZ_wP5p0Q

Try to drop by. 

The conference is hosted by Virtual Ability. They are a great community. Highly recommend going, even if you are not an educator!

• Like 2

Mina's been catching up with her farm work throughout the morning. Her horse hadn't left the feeding through for two days so she went over to give it a nudge. He decided it was finally finished eating, walked over a bit and slumped to the ground - so Rae's horse went over to see if he was okay! 

c9da180c2de3590184c1de59306d6ae0.png

... He then tried to walk over him. Probably wanting to get to the feeding through quickly now that it wasn't occupied!

• Like 3

2 weeks ago got news my father died.well,after long pain he can finally rest in peace.

And today one thing happend where uncle and me decided that grandmas cat time is came . Came to vet clinic , total checkup and result that euthanasia is the only way. so just 40 mins  and it s all over.kitty Mase(female) flew away to kitto heaven.kitty was white with grey,so here in the pics all white

july 2011-29.03.2021

Snapshot_004.png

Snapshot_005.png

Snapshot_007.png

Edited by Panteleeva
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Sad 5

17 minutes ago, Panteleeva said:

2 weeks ago got news my father died.well,after long pain he can finally rest in peace.

And today one thing happend where uncle and me decided that grandmas cat time is came . Came to vet clinic , total checkup and result that euthanasia is the only way. so just 40 mins  and it s all over.kitty Mase(female) flew away to kitto heaven.kitty was white with grey,so here in the pics all white

july 2011-29.03.2021

I am sorry for your losses Panteleeva! Take care of yourself.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

In a little additional :when came home,logged in sl and contacted my sl best friend/boss,etc. She said normal I'm sorry for your loss,but then started to be like:why the duck you tell me that? don't you know what a mess i am? And that you tell me news about ny favourite thing (cats).?? Please don't be mad at me and understand why i have this reaction

this confused me a lot and made me feel that i made mistake talking about it. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Laurel Aurelia said:

@Panteleeva Some people become triggered when hearing about other people's losses. You did nothing wrong by expressing your sadness. I thought it was a lovely thing what you did for your cat. As someone who has a whole herd of furbabies at home, it is never easy to say goodbye to them.

Thank you Laurel.it was Grandma's kitty, but i can say she was also mine because i found her (it was weirdly hot summer and somewhere near little grocery i saw box with 7 tiny kittens,what a lovely memory it was).

And yes, my friend was very triggered.i don't think i will rethink our friendship even if her reaction surprised me,but i just know many people now under bog stress.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

So, this weekend is the annual Ciampi Auto Show. I'm not by any stretch a "car" person -- I don't even drive -- but these are gorgeous cars, and attending it (usually with @Madelaine McMasters) has become a bit of an annual ritual now.

Maddy joined me again this morning, all glammed out for a pic on the hood of one of the cars. Dissuading her from climbing atop one (she was wearing STILETTOS for god's sake) was . . . difficult. @manoji Yachvilijoined us just after I took this pic.

We pretty much all decided this Alfa Romeo Giulia was the car we wanted.

The cars, as I say, are wonderful, detailed, and beautiful, and Ciampi is always a friendly and beautiful spot to visit -- I recommend a day trip!

https://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Trabala/118/254/0/

Ciampi-Car-Show-Blank.thumb.png.4b7f178c53d9a11ecbf3c88487ff4604.png

• Like 5

12 minutes ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

Maddy joined me again this morning, all glammed out for a pic on the hood of one of the cars. Dissuading her from climbing atop one (she was wearing STILETTOS for god's sake) was . . . difficult.

Actually, it was impossible...
391565058_CarGirl_001.thumb.jpg.016774bd3dba2f2cb03300dc530e64b4.jpg

Edited by Madelaine McMasters
Forgot to show the proof.
  • Like 5

7 hours ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

Wow. How did you do that? Cool effect!

On the body, head, and eyes, I went to the Texture tab in the edit window, made them BoM and set the Transparency to 40%.  Too bad the popular bodies and heads are no-mod, so I used Onupup and one of these heads.  Modifiable mesh eyes were a bit of a challenge to find but I eventually found them.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, Eddy Vortex said:

On the body, head, and eyes, I went to the Texture tab in the edit window, made them BoM and set the Transparency to 40%.  Too bad the popular bodies and heads are no-mod, so I used Onupup and one of these heads.  Modifiable mesh eyes were a bit of a challenge to find but I eventually found them.  

You could probably make a skin in PS or GIMP and set the texture itself to 40% transparency. 

• Like 2

Just a quick capture of @manoji Yachviliand I (and her cat Pipi) in her gallery. The statue we're looking at is by an old artist friend of hers, Mistero Hifeng. I am pretty sure some people I know own some of his works. They are pretty astonishing.

(I should note this pic shows only half of the statue . . .)

512281214_In-Manojis-Gallery-Blank.thumb.png.001d8bcb2dcb34bda5790c03605f2136.png

Edited by Scylla Rhiadra
  • Like 3

I saw in my Flickr feed that there was a new release at a store that I had to see in-world, so I hopped over to there and ended up having to take a couple of pictures. The aesthetics really appeal to me, and they're very nicely made. I only uploaded four of the pictures, but I put them in an album if anyone wants to have a peek - and if you like it I'd highly recommend having a look for yourself.

51160857297_d9c706ce2a_b.jpg

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 197 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.