What are you doing today!? :D

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 289 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

6 hours ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

Need a band to record in it? We're very good!

And, weirdly, still unsigned!

Grunge

If you're good, you're good.  Come on over and jam, unsigned or not. Some unsigned bands are better than the ones from the establishment.

Edited by Eddy Vortex
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

So, Sunday nights are just about my favourite time in SL because it's jazz night at The Mercury Room. As I think I've mentioned before here, the DJ is an old jazz / session musician who played with, among others, Leon Redbone, and he has a super extensive collection of jazz recordings. Most of what he plays is quite out-of-the-way stuff from the 20s to the 50s -- this isn't your usual run of swing band favourites, or Ella and Louis (although he does those too sometimes). VERY cool, and I learn a lot.

It's also a very pretty night club, one of the relatively few that doesn't look like a barn, or a frat house common room.

http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Cerveza Island/91/207/652

Anyway, here's a quick screen grab from Gyazo (slightly gussied up in Photoshop) from last night, of me dancing with @Skal Paulse.

Skal-and-I-at-The-Mercury-Blank.thumb.png.76d1be48cdf9490e5c573a84392c3d9f.png

• Like 9

On 2/14/2021 at 9:09 PM, Josephine Carissa said:

stopped by Manoji's art exhibit : ) really beautiful work......i enjoyed the whole idea of it.....making special pieces out of something that seems ordinary : )

ARTEXHIBIT2021C.png

Thanks for you visit and more 🥰 happy you enjoy :)

19 hours ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

So, Sunday nights are just about my favourite time in SL because it's jazz night at The Mercury Room. As I think I've mentioned before here, the DJ is an old jazz / session musician who played with, among others, Leon Redbone, and he has a super extensive collection of jazz recordings. Most of what he plays is quite out-of-the-way stuff from the 20s to the 50s -- this isn't your usual run of swing band favourites, or Ella and Louis (although he does those too sometimes). VERY cool, and I learn a lot.

It's also a very pretty night club, one of the relatively few that doesn't look like a barn, or a frat house common room.

http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Cerveza Island/91/207/652

Anyway, here's a quick screen grab from Gyazo (slightly gussied up in Photoshop) from last night, of me dancing with @Skal Paulse.

Skal-and-I-at-The-Mercury-Blank.thumb.png.76d1be48cdf9490e5c573a84392c3d9f.png

I think I need to stop to be a bear and enjoy good music and dancing sometimes 😎

• Like 2

So, @Eva Knoller (and I'm sure many others who are more on top of these things than I am) recently discovered a very cool new sim called Skrunda, which is "loosely based" on a real Latvian town licensed for use by the Russian Federation to host radar installations, and later abandoned. The sim represents this town in its state of abandonment -- empty and derelict buildings, playgrounds, car parks . . . it's eerie and a bit chilling, and very very cool.

http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Rockford/158/53/23

I fully expect to be taking a number of pics there. Here's a first.

Unfinished-Cropped-Blank.thumb.png.b74d938c4444b899de4f4c4bc011ea5a.png

• Like 3

I went out for the first time since March last year, to post an important birthday card.

I noticed a few things:

1) Traffic fumes are filthy.

2) It's very sunny for February and really quite mild.

3) People are careless about Covid - one mention in the media that cases are dropping, and it's masks off, shopping sprees, and no social distancing.  I felt quite alarmed.

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, Garnet Psaltery said:

I went out for the first time since March last year, to post an important birthday card.

I noticed a few things:

1) Traffic fumes are filthy.

2) It's very sunny for February and really quite mild.

3) People are careless about Covid - one mention in the media that cases are dropping, and it's masks off, shopping sprees, and no social distancing.  I felt quite alarmed.

You hadn't been out since March last year? :o Wow...did it feel weird going out again?

I had my windows open last night and today...was actually quite warm yesterday evening! Spring is coming! 🎆 And it was really nice still having fairly bright sunlight at 4.30pm. 

Yes, seems to be a pattern - media report that cases are dropping, everyone goes straight back to normal...then a panic and another lockdown...9_9 

Edited by Rat Luv
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, Garnet Psaltery said:
3 hours ago, Panteleeva said:

trying poses for profile pic😄

Snapshot_001.png

Expand  

I'm not being unkind but it looks as though you have hay fever. :) 

I thought she was stopping a sneeze.

But upon further inspection, it appears that she's attempting to mutilate her nose --- maybe because of the hay fever.  :)

I'd have to vote against that particular pose for a profile picture.

And, as Garnet says -- the comments are all in good fun, not trying to be mean.

Edited by LittleMe Jewell
  • Like 3

11 hours ago, Garnet Psaltery said:

I'm not being unkind but it looks as though you have hay fever. :) 

it supposed to be sexy portrait pic. 😆  

11 hours ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

I thought she was stopping a sneeze.

But upon further inspection, it appears that she's attempting to mutilate her nose --- maybe because of the hay fever.  :)

I'd have to vote against that particular pose for a profile picture.

And, as Garnet says -- the comments are all in good fun, not trying to be mean.

vote accepted:) with many portrait poses i looke like i sneeze or try to detach my nose.

anyway i got tired with poses and made simple pic for profile)  

Snapshot_001.png

• Like 2

3 hours ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

Slendy's Hunt ???

Details, pretty please.

It's the Eight Pages Bellisseria Slenderman Hunt.  There are eight sheets of paper scattered throughout the parcel to find. Buy them for 0L and get prize.

http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Canvas City/118/158/59

The hunt item to look for (doodlings will vary):

slendyhunt.png.e3e6ea058d805f803c9873494c66e8e0.png

Edited by Eddy Vortex
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

It was kind of a glorious day here today -- the temperature not only rose above freezing, but all the way up to about 8°! Positively balmy.

So I was inspired to grab a bike and do some more touring in Heterocera. (Usually Laskya gets to do that, but why should SHE have all the fun?) Later, I was joined by a friend and, briefly, a new friend (a noob) he's just met.

This is just a Gyazo screen grab, neatened up a bit in PS.

SPRING IS AROUND THE CORNER!!!!

Biking-in-Heterocera-Blank.png

• Like 3

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 289 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.