How does your avatar look today ?

Nostoll

1 minute ago, kiramanell said:

^^ What an endearing avi! ❤️ And cool to finally see the Jeny behind the posts. :)

P.S. That is the 'China' part of HL, right?

hey, thanks i used to post here more often but rl has been busy^^

No, the bar is at central sim 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

Thank you, Emma!

(Apparently our mods do not, however, agree. Oh well. Do they make fig leaves for bare butts?)

i feel bad... the post had been up until i commented... :(

google was a failure on reverse fig leaves...

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, Emma Krokus said:

i feel bad... the post had been up until i commented... :(

google was a failure on reverse fig leaves...

Oh, no need! It had nothing to do with your post. I doubt it was even ARed -- I think sometimes the mods just go through some of the more active threads and make their own calls. 

I don't even really fault LL for this; after all, they're just conforming to what is still at times a bizarrely prudish culture.

And I don't think I'd find fig leaves sufficiently stylish anyway!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

17 minutes ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

Oh, no need! It had nothing to do with your post. I doubt it was even ARed -- I think sometimes the mods just go through some of the more active threads and make their own calls. 

I don't even really fault LL for this; after all, they're just conforming to what is still at times a bizarrely prudish culture.

And I don't think I'd find fig leaves sufficiently stylish anyway!

^^ That's the spirit! 👍 This above all: to thine own self be true!

And I don't think it was AR-ed, no. For one, I simply cannot imagine anyone being so pettily prudish.

As for that bolded line, LOL, speaking of bizarre, for some reason my mind began to read that as saying something like "I don't give a fig..."😜 A few miliseconds later, I'm like "Oh, no, wait, that's not what she's saying at all!" I'm sorry, that didn't make a whole lot of sense, but there it is. :) 

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Orwar said:

Do we? 🤔

Well I can't speak for you,  but I don't feel guilty. Of course I do a lot of things in SL without guilt, that would make me very guilty in RL.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, kiramanell said:

And I don't think it was AR-ed, no. For one, I simply cannot imagine anyone being so pettily prudish.

You would assume not. Not here, anyway. But, that there are people who are that prudish is precisely why "G" ratings exist in the first place.

What actually does annoy me is the double standard that says that it's ok for Gobilly, above, to go topless in a picture here, but not Coby, or me, or you. Years ago, a group of us actually started a thread on the forums full of pics of topless woman in protest. Needless to say, it was nuked.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

You would assume not. Not here, anyway. But, that there are people who are that prudish is precisely why "G" ratings exist in the first place.

What actually does annoy me is the double standard that says that it's ok for Gobilly, above, to go topless in a picture here, but not Coby, or me, or you. Years ago, a group of us actually started a thread on the forums full of pics of topless woman in protest. Needless to say, it was nuked.

As usual, I completely agree. And I would have loved to have been there for that stunt you pulled. :) But true, definitely a double standard going on.

Furthermore, what you posted, I would hardly even call that nudity (at least not the kind someone should go puritanical about). It was just the backside of two ppl, with, OMG, visible buttocks! Not even frontal nudity. It's not even sexual. Not even close. And one could argue many poses in this thread are highly more sexual in nature than what you posted. But we're probably not even allowed to talk about the moderation. Sigh.

• Like 5

45 minutes ago, halebore Aeon said:

How does my avatar look? Just like an avatar, with a mesh head, mesh body, hair, appliers clothes. Lol, just kidding. Wanted to be a smart ass.

What part exactly were you kidding about? That you have an avatar with a mesh head, mesh body, hair, appliers, and clothes?! Lol, just kidding. Wanted to be a smart ass too. 😜

• Haha 1

56 minutes ago, Eva Knoller said:

So here's something interesting... on my phone I can still see the "offending" pic in a couple of quotes at this moment, but here on my pc they don't appear. I wonder why that is. Cache? 

Nope, just checked (and refreshed my browser: a process I'm well familiar with by now *g*), and those quoted posts are still there for me too. 😁

So, this is kind of a funny situation we're in. Now Scylla's original post has no picture in it any more, but comes with like 30 likes. And ppl staring at it might be having a private The Emperor's New Clothes moment there, scratching their heads, thinking "Hmm, what am I looking at here?" And possibly even think, but never say outloud, of course, that the Empress is not wearing any clothes (and ironically be *spot-on* in their assessment, LOL). So, the final joke is on you, LL! 😛

At this point in the night I'm just rambling, sorry. :) 

Edited by kiramanell
  • Like 5

1 hour ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

I agree Scylla. Why can women not go topless and it's ok for guys to? Is it only because we are able to produce milk and they can't??? I mean for crying out loud, I've seen men with bigger boobs then me and no one screams in protest. It's a sad statement on society and the prudish attitude they have. Just my two lindens worth...

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, anniepany said:

I agree Scylla. Why can women not go topless and it's ok for guys to? Is it only because we are able to produce milk and they can't??? I mean for crying out loud, I've seen men with bigger boobs then me and no one screams in protest. It's a sad statement on society and the prudish attitude they have. Just my two lindens worth...

It's funny that you should say that. That reminds me of the protests back in the early 90s, here in Ontario Canada. Women were saying why is it okay for a man to be topless, but not a woman. And as a really little kid, seeing a lot of topless women, was awesome. Especially when I was male before. Anyways, I think in 1994 the bill was passed that women could go topless in Ontario on the streets. The movement was called topfreedom. But yeah after that was allowed, women just went back to wearing shirts again. And in my little head, I was like. you just got the right to go topless in public, and now you choose to put the top on, when the bill is passed. Doesn't make any sense. It also reminds me of the time, I was about 4 or 5 and my mom was guffawing at the idea, that women should be topless. Basically saying it wasn't lady like. I turned to her, and was like. If men are able to run topless around the city streets or on beaches. Why can't women do the same? The look on my mom's face, it was priceless. My mom hated me anyways, but she hated me even more. For challenging her with logic. But I do agree, that if men can go topless on pictures in the forums or on sims. Why can't women do the same?

• Like 3