How does your avatar look today ?

Nostoll

10 hours ago, Talligurl said:

yet all those complications do not apply in SL either. We still have guilt free consumerism in SL

Do we? 🤔

I'm really a plain colours type of person, but recently I've experimented more with bolder patterns. 

I was so happy with Skye's yellow summer dress that I went shopping for myself, there's a thing......and bought a couple of items.

This one is Kona low back summer dress (L$200 with 15 texture hud),   paired with Mosquito's Way Callie shoes (L$299 with a huge texture hud).

I'm a really picky shopper, and I know what I like. I went through pages of stuff in MP to get just a few items. 

https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/Kona-Low-Back-Mini-Dress-wHud/13307719

https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/MW-Callie/15083717

SL45.png

• Like 17

20 hours ago, DaisyJohnnson said:

Summery is a good theme for today!!! 

I went shopping with B's blessing, and got a couple of things from [hh]….there's a nice short dress as group gift, and I pushed the boat out. I don't often do long dresses or wedges, but this dress (FP) is only L$99. Dress is [hh]Rica, wedges are Bowtique Breeze, also L$99 (FP).

https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/hh-Rica-Set/17669967

https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/Bowtique-Breeze-Wedges-Maitreya/15189352

And yes Laika, I did say I wouldn't spend anything until the end of August...…..Pfft!  😛

SL41.png

SL42.png

Yes I know but it’s not like I ever believed you. Anyway looks great. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

12 hours ago, Eva Knoller said:

48410404197_127c0dcd21_b.jpg

That's gorgeous! ❤️

Admiring at all of you, in your radiant beauty, feels like I'm the only one still left with an avi looking like it was made in 2004. 😛 Really will need to do some massive shopping, ere long. :) 

Edited by kiramanell
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, kiramanell said:

That's gorgeous! ❤️

Admiring at all of you, in your radiant beauty, feels like I'm the only one still left with an avi looking like it was made in 2004. 😛 Really will need to do some massive shopping, ere long. :) 

Thank you, Kira!  You should post some pics here too! We love avis of all types in this thread. ❤️

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

I have not posted anything for a while because I was told by a lovely (not) person that my pics were to quote '*****' so I deleted my flickr because he left so many nasty RL and sl comments so not sure about anything right now.

You have all been so supportive will have to think again I guess. Hugs

• Like 2
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 13

4 minutes ago, Laika Ravikumar said:

I have not posted anything for a while because I was told by a lovely (not) person that my pics were to quote '*****' so I deleted my flickr because he left so many nasty RL and sl comments so not sure about anything right now.

What???? Was this someone from the forums?

7 minutes ago, Laika Ravikumar said:

You should ignore this individual, they can be blocked on Flikr.

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, Laika Ravikumar said:

That's terrible, and untrue.

I followed you on Flickr, and I've seen your shots here, and I think your shots were good. I don't consider myself a photo expert (there's always new things to learn and improve!), but I can objectively say that your photos were far above 'average' in SL Flickerite standards.

Words can be hurtful, and it's entirely up to you to decide how you wish to deal with criticism or, as in this case, outright bullsh*t. But I'm sure I speak for more than just myself when I say that your photos are enjoyable and most welcome here, and that they will be missed if you decide against posting. The most important thing is that you have fun and enjoy what you do, whether you wish to share it or not.

Edited by Orwar
Mixed up subjective and objective again!
  • Like 18

I am so sorry Laika. I always admire your pictures and hope you don’t let one nasty jerk stop you from doing something you enjoy. The anonymity of the internet really allows people to be hateful cretins, unfortunately.

Also, it is not about the best pictures! It’s about creativity and expression. Don’t let them get you down girl!

• Like 8

4 minutes ago, Laika Ravikumar said:

And its like I said I know I dont have the best pics there are so many better out there but I enjoyed it , it was fun but it got so had to delete my entire flickr because I did not want anyone seeing the horrible things he said about me .

Your pictures are great, and as long as you are having fun and enjoyement who cares about him.

• Like 6

8 minutes ago, Orwar said:

That's terrible, and untrue.

I followed you on Flickr, and I've seen your shots here, and I think your shots were good. I don't consider myself a photo expert (there's always new things to learn and improve!), but I can objectively say that your photos were far above 'average' in SL Flickerite standards.

Words can be hurtful, and it's entirely up to you to decide how you wish to deal with criticism or, as in this case, outright bullsh*t. But I'm sure I speak for more than just myself when I say that your photos are enjoyable and most welcome here, and that they will be missed if you decide against posting. The most important thing is that you have fun and enjoy what you do, whether you wish to share it or not.

Thank you so much it’s kinda silly how these things can upset your RL have always enjoyed the people on here am kinda upset with myself because I allowed this person to upset me . Ty 

• Like 4

26 minutes ago, Laika Ravikumar said:

Wut?! Not sure whappened with that dou*he, but I'll gladly pass on what my dad told me when I was little:

"Never let anyone push you into a spot you don't want to be in, or out of a place you do wish to be in."

If you feel like showing your pics, you should always feel unencumbered to do so! Don't give 'em that much power over you. And I'm sure we'll love your photos! 🤗

• Like 6

1 minute ago, kiramanell said:

Wut?! Not sure whappened with that dou*he, but I'll gladly pass on what my dad told me when I was little:

"Never let anyone push you into a spot you don't want to be in, or out of a place you do wish to be in."

If you feel like showing your pics, you should always feel unencumbered to do so! Don't give 'em that much power over you. And I'm sure we'll love your photos! 🤗

Thanks been so confused last few days been stupidly upset and tearful at some points took me a lot to delete my Flickr as bad lol as it may have been. But like Ty for the support I appreciate it. 

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, Laika Ravikumar said:

Thanks been so confused last few days been stupidly upset and tearful at some points took me a lot to delete my Flickr as bad lol as it may have been. But like Ty for the support I appreciate it. 

I'm really sorry to hear this happened to you. :( And I know what it's like to let someone 'get' to you; but if Orwar is even half-way right about your work, then I'd say all his nastiness says more about him than it does about you.

And if you still feel up to it, I'd welcome your work! 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, kiramanell said:

I'm really sorry to hear this happened to you. :( And I know what it's like to let someone 'get' to you; but if Orwar is even half-way right about your work, then I'd say all his nastiness says more about him than it does about you.

And if you still feel up to it, I'd welcome your work! 

Ty going to think about , here on forums everyone is so nice I have no idea why someone would be so nasty and I will post again when I can . Ty I am glad for forum support. The one who was putting me down, his partner has amazing pics on SL which are awesome he just has a Rl hatred for me which I have no control over apart from blocking everything which I have done. 

• Like 5