How does your avatar look today ?

Nostoll

6 minutes ago, Laika Ravikumar said:

Ty going to think about , here on forums everyone is so nice I have no idea why someone would be so nasty and I will post again when I can . Ty I am glad for forum support. The one who was putting me down, his partner has amazing pics on SL which are awesome he just has a Rl hatred for me which I have no control over apart from blocking everything which I have done. 

^^ Zactly! If you have no control over his hatefulness, then you might as well just do what you wanted to do, and be happier for it. :) Always easier said than done, of course, but essentially so.

• Like 5

9 minutes ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

(Apparently our mods do not, however, agree. Oh well. Do they make fig leaves for bare butts?)

Wait, what? Were you censored?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Orwar said:

Wait, what? Were you censored?

Yeah. I was under the apparently mistaken impression that it was frontal nudity that was prohibited. Certainly, I've seen bare bottoms here before.

It's no biggie; it's just a picture. And it's still on Flickr. I'd repost a cropped version to replace it, as I assume bare backs are permissible, but it's past the time when I can edit the post.

/me shrugs.

• Like 2

Just now, Scylla Rhiadra said:

Yeah. I was under the apparently mistaken impression that it was frontal nudity that was prohibited. Certainly, I've seen bare bottoms here before.

It's no biggie; it's just a picture. And it's still on Flickr. I'd repost a cropped version to replace it, as I assume bare backs are permissible, but it's past the time when I can edit the post.

/me shrugs.

I mean, after the whole 'what is art' that's been going down on the forums lately, I'd say that your picture certainly were up to snuff with any and all reasonable standards. But meh, I guess someone with a grudge must have flagged it to feel like they've won something.

Maybe you should re-post it with some nice, big maple leafs? 🤔

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, Orwar said:

Maybe you should re-post it with some nice, big maple leafs? 🤔

Lol. And thank you.

I'd be a little concerned that that would count as reposting moderated material. And I don't have any maple leaves that big!

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

Lol. And thank you.

I'd be a little concerned that that would count as reposting moderated material. And I don't have any maple leaves that big!

Maple leaves would ruin it for me. Part of the whole beauty of it, for me, was the juxtaposition of the dressed (!) statue of Eve versus the nude bystanders (as it is, of course, usually dressed ppl looking at a naked, marble statue). Don't compromize on your vision, please: your work is simply too good for that.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Laika Ravikumar said:

Ty going to think about , here on forums everyone is so nice I have no idea why someone would be so nasty and I will post again when I can . Ty I am glad for forum support. The one who was putting me down, his partner has amazing pics on SL which are awesome he just has a Rl hatred for me which I have no control over apart from blocking everything which I have done. 

Laika, I just want to add my support and echo what everyone has said here.

I don't know the story behind this jerk's harassment of you, but pretty clearly it's got nothing to do with the quality of your pictures which, as Orwar has said, are definitely a cut above most of what one sees on Flickr. I've told you before I admire and pay attention to your pics because they are so good. I meant that.

I'm not going to tell you what you should or shouldn't do in response, but I do hope that you don't let him win by removing your photos, or ceasing from posting them. Only you can judge what the cost might be for you, but you do need to know that you have the unqualified support and admiration of everyone here. Whatever you decide.

Edited by Scylla Rhiadra
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

Laika, I just want to add my support and echo what everyone has said here.

I don't know the story behind this jerk's harassment of you, but pretty clearly it's got nothing to do with the quality of your pictures which, as Orwar has said, are definitely a cut above most of what one sees on Flickr. I've told you before I admire and pay attention to your pics because they are so good. I meant that.

I'm not going to tell you what you should or shouldn't do in response, but I do hope that you don't let him win by removing your photos, or ceasing from posting them. Only you can judge what the cost might be for you, but you do need to know that you have the unqualified support and admiration of everyone here. Whatever you decide.

Ty I will post again . The person is blocked . I just love the people here who don’t judge . Ty 

• Like 6

45 minutes ago, kiramanell said:

Wonderful avi. :)

And not exactly a 'homes' thread, but really digging that gorgeous kitchen of yours too. ❤️

Thanks, but it's not my kitchen. lol  It's on the beach area of BackDrop Cove. I go there a lot to take pics. lol

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Laika Ravikumar said:

Thanks been so confused last few days been stupidly upset and tearful at some points took me a lot to delete my Flickr as bad lol as it may have been. But like Ty for the support I appreciate it. 

There is no real 'supposed to' nor 'should'... Society attempts to press those ideas on you/us. 

While there is an objective or universal morality (all sane people think murder, rape, etc. are wrong) there are no universal "preferences". I like caramel and chocolate. It is OK for everyone else not too. I think  they are crazy but I'll have to deal with their dislike. I can try to change them or I can enjoy the Caramel and Chocolate they leave alone. Someone doesn't like your pictures... so what? 

The major psychological difference between animals and humans is the ability humans have to decide how they will react to any stimulus. Even pain... our body may flinch, but what comes after the automatic body response to pain is up to us... anger, fear, aggression... all our choice.

Words are words. We totally choose how we react or not to them. You have your very own bully. You'll learn if you react, they are encouraged. So, they are mean to you and use your pictures on you as a club. They are mean and probably always will be. Sad... for them. Pity is often the only appropriate response.

However, your ability to make pictures that you and others enjoy will improve with time and practice. No matter how bad and hopeless we think we are, with practice we get better. If you look in the 10-Year thread, you'll notice not just do avatars look better, the quality of the images improved. Part of that practice is posting our beginning images. We get them out there where we can see them and compare them to what others are making. It is how we get better. AND... there is no mandate that says you HAVE TO GET BETTER. All of this is SUPPOSED to be fun and enjoyable.

You'll find that mean people often remain mean and miserable all their lives. That is a pity. My revenge is often to just leave them in the mess they are making and never tell them life can be better.

48416653827_92379c9f0e_b.jpg

• Like 20

3 minutes ago, kiramanell said:

Well, your avi is lovely anway. :) And that's really what matter is this thread. But thx for the tip about that beach area!

If you go, They currently also have a magical forest area and a backdrop studio. You can rez there and several of their backdrops have poses in them. It's a lot less laggy, and less crowded, than BackDrop City.  They don't have as many as BDC, but they still have a really good selection.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

59 minutes ago, Laika Ravikumar said:

Ty I will post again . The person is blocked . I just love the people here who don’t judge . Ty 

Two words will suffice here.............../me grins..........🖖

ANGELS ASSEMBLE!!

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 2