How does your avatar look today ?

Nostoll

Finishing up the documents for everything, and then some.    Did a new photo for the resume.  Younger RL me at OKon (Tulsa, Oklahoma SciFi Con)  1985 and me SL Self.   Yea, I've gotten hornier. 😉  

Anyone else around in 1985?

In Tulsa, OK? 

Maybe at an OKon

Maybe you helped eat that whole sheet of blotter?!

Today-Evening-AJBoaz.thumb.jpg.086005ec918dcaf5c8afc4a2ad45c47b.jpg

• Like 12

Oh god, I've been so remiss. So much catching up to do!

On 1/21/2022 at 10:37 AM, davidventer said:

I've posted in this thread before but here's my new profile picture after finally completing the mission of attempting to make my avatar look like the real me, or as close as I can get with the skin, hair, HD features/attachments, and the mesh head slider limitations. Why am I doing this, you may wonder?... "Who in their right mind would try to make their avatar look like the real them? That's just weird and defeats the purpose of having a Second Life of fantasy and alternative expression, right?" Well...

It's in immersion and therapeutic thing for me. Full disclosure: In the real world, I'm a hermit/hikikomori, I'm on the Autism Spectrum (Mild - Aspergers) with questionable social skills, extreme social anxiety and low self-esteem. My idea was to be able to insert 'myself' into the virtual world, and then seeing 'myself' doing things in Second Life that I struggle doing in real life such as; socializing, hanging out in groups, performing live in crowds, going "out" more, etc. will hopefully help boost my confidence and maybe, If I can see 'myself' doing all these things successfully in the virtual world, maybe some day I will have the courage to attempt to do it in the real world - and if not, it still makes my virtual experiences much more immersive, for me (more on that below). Who needs social rehab and therapy when we have Second Life? You're all my therapists... (LOL?)

Social struggles aside; seeing a representation of my real self, exploring and doing things in the virtual world also makes me feel more immersed and connected to everything - as If I'm really *here* doing it. I know it's not real. This is not real life, but I've read somewhere that the subconscious mind cannot tell the difference when it comes to our experiences, be they real or virtual, and we experience the same or similar emotions in response to these experiences. So this is an interesting experiment for me.

I'm Including a screenshot of my RL Instagram profile for reference. Does my avatar look like me? Mission accomplished?

EB66803E-D4BB-4991-ABA9-17F0FB11C245.jpg

IMG_4015.PNG

David, I'll concur with everyone: your avi looks awesome, and it's a great match.

And yes -- SL isn't "real" -- but our experience of it is. And most importantly, YOU are: you're a presence that we've all had the pleasure of getting to know a little better. Keep it coming.

On 1/21/2022 at 11:59 PM, Rowan Amore said:

Waiting

This is gorgeous, and also makes me acutely uncomfortable at the same time. I'd have to glue my nipples to the fabric to avoid falling out of this. It'd end up looking like a fancy bib on me.

My only hope of being a high fashion maven is SL, I'm afraid.

On 1/22/2022 at 10:22 AM, Aiyumei said:

There was certain pose set on sale today and I felt like trying it right away ^_^

Cath_22.1.2022.jpg

God, I hate you sometimes.

On 1/23/2022 at 12:28 PM, Tary Allen said:

Blues.png

This is so lovely! Both your avi, and the pic!

On 1/23/2022 at 1:23 PM, Modulated said:

A day for rest and beauty.

modulated.thumb.jpg.1c376fc169c25098e67ab83a89827a5f.jpg

I know this is supposed to be jokey, Modulated, and it IS. But it's also a really great shot!

On 1/23/2022 at 5:06 PM, Isaac Ashton said:

Emma_23.01.2022_007.png

This is one of the nicest pics of your avi I've seen! It's expressive and friendly and full of character!

Now, if you could just shift that wayward boob a bit out of the way . . .

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

On 1/23/2022 at 6:21 PM, taisiyakarpenko said:

"Frightened by my own reflection . . .

Super clever shot, Taya!

On 1/24/2022 at 2:52 AM, wildorchide said:

I had a ticket to the time machine 💋 

sse.png.53ab4a2bd31adaac82f8c05c16a912e8.png

I love the colours! If you like vintage locations, have you checked out the Time Portal in SL? Lots to choose from there, including New York in the 50s and 60s.

On 1/24/2022 at 1:14 PM, Zeta Vandyke said:

Snapshot_004.png

Just plain perfect, Zeta.

On 1/24/2022 at 3:13 AM, panterapolnocy said:

Tonight I was pestering people with my presence during the BBB 2nd Anniversary Celebration formal ball.

original_61edcfa47769af339c358ba2.png

And looking the glamorous show-stopper, for sure.

On 1/24/2022 at 3:43 AM, HelenaNavy92 said:

This is the love of my sl and this is final goodbye. 

IMG_20220124_104109_303.jpg

IMG_20220124_104024_789.jpg

There are both lovely shots, but the second one especially is stunning. The washed-out colours really give it a vintage feel. Yay you!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1