How does your avatar look today ?

Nostoll

12 hours ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

Can I just note that the costume choice of Belinda -- whose idea of "dressing down" is wearing kitten heels rather than full stilettos -- consists of . . . a cigarette.

Well, someone on the expedition had to be stylish. Cuz it sure wasn't the rest of us.

I really did try but was preoccupied by a new top (not this one) which has 300k complexity and I can't figure out why. So I didn't manage to go pick a wacky outfit, and my backpack kept stalling, AND I had a TP crash.

• Like 7

4 hours ago, Annie Nova said:

Where is this outfit from, please? 

Click on my images and you get a list of what I'm wearing. ;) This way, only those interested can see it. OAL is short for On a Lark. I should write it in full.

It is very old socks that cover the little gap between the boots and the jeans. Any system socks will do. I needed socks. :D The rest should be in the stores still. I hope so, I mixed old and new.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

On 11/12/2021 at 6:24 PM, Zeta Vandyke said:

Thank you :)

The flats are by Ingenue, they have tons of cute flats and other shoes

A big plus with Ingenue is some of them are Mod so you can tint them to match an outfit.  At least, several pair I have the fatpack for are mod.  

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Marianne Little said:

I am never sure about these tilting images....

Moonlight walk

To me, at least it makes it harder to see the details in a picture.  I've gone so far as to unfollow anyone on Flickr who does this with EVERY picture...for no reason.  

Your picture is very nice, though.

Edited by Rowan Amore
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Rowan Amore said:

To me, at least it makes it harder to see the details in a picture.  I've gone so far as to unfollow anyone on Flickr who does this with EVERY picture...for no reason.  

Your picture is very nice, though.

Actually if that picture was landscape you would lose detail because you would have to zoom way out if you wanted all of your character in the shot. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, VictoriaGrwd said:

Actually if that picture was landscape you would lose detail because you would have to zoom way out if you wanted all of your character in the shot. 

I meant your eye wants to see it straight but is having to view it at an angle which your brain is not used to doing.  Therefore, harder to see details.  

The last picture I posted shows my entire avatar at basically the same scale/size as Marianne's.

Eta:   @Sofia Grayalso has one recently showing her entire avatar.

Edited by Rowan Amore
  • Like 3

6 hours ago, AyelaNewLife said:

I arise from my slumber for the free clout:

My best side

Well good morning to you then (or is it good afternoow? I can never tell lol). But me thinks someone stole your top while you were sleeping Ayela. You should probably get a nice guard dog to prevent that from happening next time, because you know... it just might. :)

Peace,,,

(Very nice picture btw too... :))

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

The tilting images are very popular, but I think they are just experimental for me. I am almost happy with that image, tilted or straight. The more clear idea about a picture, the harder it is to it "just right". Grass in SL is so difficult. It never behaves. I edited out a bit that bothered me on one leg, and now it is too smooth. 😒 And I can't unsee it either.

• Like 3

25 minutes ago, Marianne Little said:

The tilting images are very popular, but I think they are just experimental for me.

I think your picture was very nice, but the whole tilted thing has been such a long-running fad on Flickr (remember when half the pictures on there had anaglyphic filters on them a few years back?), so I've grown to rather dislike that type of picture.

Contrary to popular belief (around here, anyway), I don't dislike the Dutch Angle - in fact, I think that a Dutch Angle can create a very powerful effect in the right kind of image; but rotating a picture around 90 degrees is not a Dutch Angle. A Dutch Angle is, usually, 15-30 degrees, and is used as a means to unsettle the viewer. One of my favourite shots of it is from 12 Monkeys, when Bruce Willis' character is .. Not in a good mental place.

12_monkeys.png?itok=EhugGMyT

And I am absolutely a fan of German Impressionist films, which is where the phenomenon originated, as a means to create an unsettling environment. Of course, they had the sets twist and turn in different directions, rather than turning the camera (the style has also been very influential in Tim Burton's filmmaking - and I do love his works!).

The-Cabinet-of-Dr-Caligari.jpg

b64eb9807ec051aa17f4098844ae33c3a54cc0a3

Supposedly, German filmmakers were inspired by the bombed out cities of WWI, how the buildings were laid bare and twisted. 

5d0f0fbf97e3037771caf459314f0ef8dc342a66

As far as fitting your full avatar in a widescreen format, it absolutely can be done - RL photographers don't very often twist the image in order to fit a subject (in fact, when an advertisement on a billboard around here was designed as such, people complained about it to no end!), they either use a portrait format, or make use of subtle backgrounds to retain detail without risking making it too noisy. The best place, in my opinion, to learn about SL photography isn't necessarily in SL communities (aside from, of course, the technical stuff of how to use your viewer and its tools) - but to look at the vast amount of material out there catering to RL photographers, both hobbyists and professionals; all that applies to them, applies equally to us (although certain aspects such as lenses and camera settings need to be translated into SL-appropriate terms). 

.. .. Aaanyway. /rant. And uh, selfie?!

Snapshot-064.png

.. And yes, it's yet another raw candid, 'cause my tea has gone cold enough in the time it took me to rant.

• Like 11
  • Thanks 2