How does your avatar look today ?

Nostoll

Your such a perfectionist Marianne... :) But while I do like the tilted images a lot, I do happen to like the straight on one's better most of the time. Not because they are "better" that way per say, or easier to see as our brains are not used to viewing such images as Rowan said, but because every time I see one it makes me think I am watching a scene from the old Batman TV series, where every fight scene was shot at a angle for "dramatic effect". But then again, I am not a artist like so many of you are, so what do I know? :D

Peace...

P.S: Ya know Orwar, I can't speak for anyone but myself here, but I just love it when you rant like this. I for one love how you give such educational accounts like this, and I hope you never change. Now go get yourself TWO cup's of hot tea, because you deserve it. Oh, and I am still not used to seeing images that you show with such brightness in them, so turn out those lights will ya! 😋 (And if I may ask, just what is that film called with the giant insect in it? It looks... interesting.)

Edited by BjorJlen
To add the P.S: for Orwar... :)
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, BjorJlen said:

(And if I may ask, just what is that film called with the giant insect in it? It looks... interesting.)

I think it's a film based on The Metamorphosis by Kafka, but I can't remember which one .. There's been quite a few made ..

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, VictoriaGrwd said:

Actually if that picture was landscape you would lose detail because you would have to zoom way out if you wanted all of your character in the shot. 

But. By that logic you can get even more detail if the picture is a horizontal format, because you could crop close to the figure and have very little background. But the angle is your style, there is nothing wrong with that.

48 minutes ago, Marianne Little said:

Sorry for occupying the thread. I want to ask what you prefer. Slight tilt? (Left) Or right? I am trying to find my "look".

compfin2.jpg

I like them both equally, although have very different feelings when I look at them. Somehow it seems more appropriate to be standing holding such a fancy candlestick outdoors in the dark tilted version. Same setting, same background, just one tilted and darker, and both appear to have very different back stories playing out in my own head. 

I think looking at a tilted photo makes me see much more, although undoubtedly it feels like harder work, but it means I am less likely to just give a quick glance and scroll onto the next photo. 

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Marianne Little said:

Sorry for occupying the thread. I want to ask what you prefer. Slight tilt? (Left) Or right? I am trying to find my "look".

compfin2.jpg

The slightly tilted one just looks like you were going for straight and didn't quite make it, which is a bit annoying, but you should use whatever you like. No matter what you chose, some will like it, others won't.

Edited by Ayeleeon
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Marianne Little said:

compfin2.jpg

Slight tilt.  The other looks like it is trying to hard to be artistic, whereas the slight tilt simply is artistic.  IMO, anyway.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

Freya

Went to get Mina a skin update as I've been wanting to get one for Evo X for ages .. Just as I'd finished trying all the skins on the grid (almost), I realised I should just check out the store her current skin was from, to see if they'd finally made any Evo X ones .. They did! It's not exactly the same, but it's near enough!

.. Then my region was restarting, so I hopped into a random sandbox. So I figured hey, might as well do a selfie?

• Like 19