How does your avatar look today ?

Nostoll

5 hours ago, Roxy Couturier said:

Look, I get that some may not like a traditional male dominated power exchange depicted. But this IS Pride month. Clearly, the concept of Pride month is some sort of theoretical lip service for some. It's rather hypocritical to espouse that Love is Love in any way depicted, ("except the kind I personally disapprove of"... really?).

That's not Pride. That's not inclusion. The picking at personal choices in this thread is (IMO) why people don't want to risk publishing pics in what has been a fun thread for the most part.

Don't like something posted? Clutch your pearls silently and move on to the next pic.

When I critiqued Zeta's picture, I provided a careful, overly-lengthy, element-by-element analysis of the photograph, explaining why I thought it meant what it meant. I very consciously did not criticize any of the people involved, nor did I attack the lifestyle and choices that might (or might not: I don't see anything inherently "kinky" about this pic) be represented. At no point did I even mention BDSM, D/s, or kink: they're not relevant to my discussion. I was critiquing an image, nothing more.

You might have engaged with that analysis, Roxy, and told me why you thought I was wrong. You chose not to.

You might also have asked yourself why Maddy and I lavished praise on Ayela's picture of a lesbian D/s couple, but not on Zeta's, before identifying our remarks with an anti-Pride and anti-kink attitude. You might have asked: what's in Zeta's picture of a fully clad man sitting around a bevy of half naked girls, that is not in Ayela's picture? What is there in Ayela's picture, which literally dramatizes and embodies the mutually caring relationship between Domme and sub that derives from a consensual exchange of power, that's not in Zeta's? Why did they like the one, and not the other? (Hint: we explained why.)

But that would have entailed engaging with what Maddy and I actually said, rather than simply firing off a personal attack that labels the two of us kink-shaming homophobes. And apparently there are at least 9 people who agree with you, so I guess that's good, right?

You've known me long enough to know that I don't shy away from a fight, or from an unpopular opinion. I expected debate. I like having my ideas challenged.

What I don't like is to be grossly misrepresented in a personal attack, and a drive-by shooting substituted for an actual substantive discussion.

I have no more to say, literally, on this. A careful reading of what I and Maddy said should make it clear that what you've said here is nonsense. If you can't be bothered to do that, then I guess that's your right.

Edited by Scylla Rhiadra
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

What is there in Ayela's picture, which literally dramatizes and embodies the mutually caring relationship between Domme and sub that derives from a consensual exchange of power, that's not in Zeta's?

There not being a man? The form of the exchange of power displayed not being objectionable to your personal interpretation and opinion? 

I don't expect anyone 'in the scene' rationally expects everyone to understand everything, but you're very direct with your perspective and opinions which, frankly, doesn't come off as respectful or supporting. Now, this was only a picture for fun, among friends, but if it had been a genuine relationship you had assaulted with your invasive 'analysis' (although I still don't think it can be considered an analysis with the amount of projection you put into it), you could very well have hurt people's actual feelings (more so than you have through simply flaunting your intolerance and ignorance, and not just to the people in the picture).

I neither expect or require you to understand it, but the way you threw your opinions at it, suggesting it needed to be 're-done' to suit you, that was simply put rude and disrespectful. 

• Like 7

I'm clearing out my wardrobe. There are 400+ outfits in there and a lot of them will be retired. Some old favourites however will be getting a very light spruce up. It's past midnight here, so that officially makes this Throwback Thursday for me. How do you feel about returning to an old look? Nostalgic or is it a case of "no way am I returning to that!" Personally I do feel just a hint of nostalgia, though I wouldn't want to return to my first complete freebie looks.

Clearing Out The Wardrobe 1

Edited by Gobilly
  • Like 24

25 minutes ago, Orwar said:

There not being a man?

I'd have liked Ayela's image every bit as much had a man been substituted for Zeta. It was the nature of the relationship captured in the image that was important, not the genders of the participants.

The rest of your comments are irrelevant. I did not criticize 'the scene.' I didn't even mention 'the scene.' The one occasion I indirectly addressed it was in praising Ayela's image of a loving D/s couple.

Read. What. I. WROTE.

Edited by Scylla Rhiadra

It' s now kinda redundant to keep repeating wether said picture was simply tongue-in-cheeck or simply bad taste.

Agreeing to disagree, like has been said by all parties,  seems favourable here.  Let' s put this to rest now ?

Goodnight.

tddnew_094.thumb.jpg.b3129a8888df222fc220b51901ef6aa6.jpg

1350 pages so far ....

Edited by TDD123
Count
  • Like 17
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Orwar said:

There not being a man? The form of the exchange of power displayed not being objectionable to your personal interpretation and opinion? 

I don't expect anyone 'in the scene' rationally expects everyone to understand everything, but you're very direct with your perspective and opinions which, frankly, doesn't come off as respectful or supporting. Now, this was only a picture for fun, among friends, but if it had been a genuine relationship you had assaulted with your invasive 'analysis' (although I still don't think it can be considered an analysis with the amount of projection you put into it), you could very well have hurt people's actual feelings (more so than you have through simply flaunting your intolerance and ignorance, and not just to the people in the picture).

I neither expect or require you to understand it, but the way you threw your opinions at it, suggesting it needed to be 're-done' to suit you, that was simply put rude and disrespectful. 

I'm just gonna chime in and say, other people's opinions don't matter. 

The picture is fab, but even my opinion doesn't matter, haha. It's if you like it that truly matters. 

Also, as a woman who gets pleasure from being an "ornament", I think the picture is very well done and the women all look like they are consensual adults who may be in a happy poly situation.

I'm really tired of "feminists" telling me, a woman, that being submissive or enjoying the idea of being on a "chain" or "sister-wives" is wrong. Isn't feminism supposed to be women supporting women?

It's 2020 and if a woman wants to be any if this, my god, if she's happy, let her.

Even more so, it's Second Life! Let people safely explore.

Edited by Verinne Ansar
Typo's
  • Like 8
  • Thanks 2

Yeah OK,  the girls giggle, the guy smirks, one goes ' Parbleu!" , another says ' Oh, really ?' , but basically it all boils down to : "You lucky pig for shooting that picture together."

Noted.

Edited by TDD123
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1