Just Ignore and let this one die

Maureen Boccaccio

Good morning, or afternoon, or evening or tea time - whatever!

As a reminder Ghosty (or rather some version thereof i.e. an alt) will be spinning this evening at the Forum Cartel Hangout's office 2nd "Alt Party".

The 1st Alt Party is a tale of legends going back to March 2008 if I have my date correct (terrible quality photo below). Party was held at Rioko's B's home

It would be wonderful to see everyone show up tonight - but don't feel you need to hide yourself behind as an Alt! Just show up any way you prefer but kudos for creativity this evening 😉

I'm a bit miffed about that since originally he told me we had to show up as an Alt - and most of mine have been outed many times over through the years, so I dug one up that nobody knew of but gosh she was pathetic looking so I spent a fortune upgrading her, then he went and told me I didn't have to be an Alt :P. On the other hand, I left the Cartel eons ago as my main because SHOPPING took preference for group slots so I would have been banned from the sim, so there's that.

Anyhoo - be there! Ghosty has sent a couple of note cards already and I'm sure he'll send another one or two before the party this evening.  As always he's good for playing an interesting set of tunes!

PS I am the Bumblebee below ☺️ and that is Lexxi by the bar in the dark long dress. Others are peeps long out of SL as far as I'm aware.

alt party.jpg

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Elora Lunasea said:

As a reminder Ghosty (or rather some version thereof i.e. an alt) will be spinning this evening at the Forum Cartel Hangout's office 2nd "Alt Party".

"Evening" is a rather unprecise timestamp ;)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Fionalein said:

"Evening" is a rather unprecise timestamp ;)

Well hence why I began with saying good morning, afternoon, etc etc lol

And, mentioned his own notices that have been sent and forthcoming. He's in charge - not I ☺️  I'm just spreading the word inefficiently apparently. Was too early. Had not had coffee yet 😆

1 hour ago, Fionalein said:

7 hours ago, Elora Lunasea said:

ill be spinning this evening at the Forum Cartel Hangout's office 2nd "Alt Party".

I could not really find a time, so im doing an educated guess on somewhere around 2am my time ;) 

Going for a nap and hope to wake up and see everyone...well, your alts, tonight!

4 minutes ago, Zeta Vandyke said:

I could not really find a time, so im doing an educated guess on somewhere around 2am my time ;) 

Going for a nap and hope to wake up and see everyone...well, your alts, tonight!

pretty sure 6pm SLT. That's his typical time when he spins at the Hangout.

2 minutes ago, Ghosty Kips said:

The Cartel Alt Party is from 6-8pm SL time at the Hangout. The Hangout grounds will be set to "group only" at 5pm SL; wear your Cartel group tag to get in.

/ goes back to not posting in forums /

/me... my alt is sad..3-5 am (rl) is really a bit too late/early   😢

8 minutes ago, Ethan Paslong said:

/me... my alt is sad..3-5 am (rl) is really a bit too late/early   😢

I know ... the poor Europeans get left out of our North American evening shenanigans. I have actually given this some thought, because (in part) I don't really know how many active members we have that are European - or residing elsewhere, for that matter. I'll have to devise a poll or something to find out for the next event, which will be in about a month.

31 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

Side note, if anyone cares -- you don't actually have to have the group tag "active" to get to the Hangout. The 'group only' restriction simply means you must be a member of the group to get there.

Really! Color me uninformed. Thanks, Lil. I thought the tag would have been a requirement, like for rezzing objects, etc.

I was hoping I'd make it, but being in Europe and being much too knackered after a week of *ahem* ... Hard ... Work (?) I opted to get some sleep.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Orwar said:

I was hoping I'd make it, but being in Europe and being much too knackered after a week of *ahem* ... Hard ... Work (?) I opted to get some sleep.

Hopefully the next time G spins will be at a time more beneficial to our friends overseas. 

It turned out quite a large crowd, which was wonderful. I had a lot of fun, was a great time. I might even join the group again 🤣

• Like 2

On 3/15/2019 at 7:57 PM, Ghosty Kips said:

Really! Color me uninformed. Thanks, Lil. I thought the tag would have been a requirement, like for rezzing objects, etc.

The group tag IS required to rez anything at the Hangout.  The tag isn’t required to visit the Hangout, though, unless we change the access settings.  

• Thanks 1

Anyone looking for a fun gathering this evening at 7 pm SLT - I received this notice from @Marianne McCann

** FRIDAY 29 March at 7pm **

Cruise to the Oldies with ACTS & DJ Holocluck Henly for some good ol' Rock'n'Roll at Mainland's premiere retro hotspot: The Pen in Bay City! Feel free to wear your best period attire, but don't feel obligated if you don't have 'em. ALL AGES WELCOME. All tips benefit Relay For Life. Be there or be square!

http://slurl.com/secondlife/Bay%20City%20-%20Mashpee/81/58/24

• Like 4

I went to pick up Mom for a clinic appointment this morning and didn't find her in her room. I asked the floor super if she'd seen her and was told to "Look under any therapy dogs I might find". Sure enough, a minute later I found Mom in the TV room, buried under a golden retriever.

Edited by Madelaine McMasters
  • Like 4
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, Madelaine McMasters said:

I went to pick up Mom for a clinic appointment this morning and didn't find her in her room. I asked the floor super if she'd seen her and was told to "Look under any therapy dogs I might find". Sure enough, a minute later I found Mom in the TV room, buried under a golden retriever.

Yay for therapy dogs!

• Like 3