Where are all my friends? Come on in and lets get comfy by the fire!

Hippie Bowman
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 72 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

2 hours ago, Hippie Bowman said:

You are very welcome here Lastgirll! Welcome to the cozy fire! 

2 hours ago, Lastgirll said:

Thank you so much but..how?  i am sorry...i am not online yet in world..but you will send an url on this community?i dont know how it works..hahhaha 

This cozy fire is all in our heads.  This thread is the community. 

I had to peek at your profile.  Are you Magyar (Hungarian)?

• Like 3

12 hours ago, Lastgirll said:

Thank you so much but..how?  i am sorry...i am not online yet in world..but you will send an url on this community?i dont know how it works..hahhaha

These are the Second Life Forums, and they are located on the Second Life website.  The website is here for news, help, support, and information.  The Second Life Marketplace is also here on the website (Shopping/Marketplace), with over 6 million items for sale to make your Second Life more enjoyable.  You can see information about your Second Life account here, and you can buy and sell Linden Dollars ($L), the currency used in SL, on the Linden Exchange portion of the site.  And the Forums are here for social interaction with your friends, for those times when you can't actually get together in SL itself.

The key thing to understand is that all of that is OUTSIDE of Second Life.  SL itself is a virtual world, with a land area about the size of the State of Delaware in the United States.  In that world, we are represented by avatars.  Your avatar can look like anything you like, but most people choose human beings of one sort or another.  In the virtual world, you can do just about anything that you can do in the Real World...walk, run, dance...go to clubs and meet people, play sports, play games, watch TV, go shopping, go to a gallery or a concert, drive a car.  Or fly a plane, or sail a boat.  You can also build things out of thin air, fly like Supergirl, or teleport from one end of the world to the other in a second.  You can experience your wildest fantasies.

What you do with Second Life is completely up to you.  There are no rules, quests, or levels as in most other online games.  In fact, most people here will bristle if you call SL a "game"...it's a platform for your imagination, a blank canvas for you to paint on.

So, you can post here in the Forums, and then make arrangements to meet some of the people you talk to here, within the world of Second Life.  Or you can talk to the people you meet in SL here!  Or both!

There is not a one to one correspondence between the Forums and SL itself...but there are areas where they intersect.  For example, a group of people who post here frequently got together back in 2007 and created a group (a community of like minded friends) in world, called The Forum Cartel.  The Cartel owns a piece of virtual land in SL where they built a clubhouse, the "Forum Cartel Hangout".  You can join this group in world, if you like.  But you don't have to...you're welcome to visit the Hangout whether or not you are a group member.  Likewise, you can post here in this thread, or anywhere in these Forums, without any special permission!

• Like 7

19 hours ago, Lastgirll said:

First download the viewer at secondlife.com. Then go in world and enjoy. Have questions just ask. We will try to help you.

Good morning all! Happy Thursday!

Peace!

we-are-this-close-to-it-being-friday-funny-dog-pictures1.jpg

• Like 4

Happy Thursday Forum Readers back from vacation in beautiful Duluth Minnesota on the shores of Lake Superior?  Pictured below is the Split Rock Lighthouse north of Duluth and the Bay Bridge which raises and lowers for ships moving out into Lake Superior

image.png.ba88d93cdbff8298419bfbb8d9d4017f.pngimage.png.aae34eaf6fc2d0e558e243f8a47a213d.png

Oh and got to see a black bear sighting on the drive to Duluth

image.png.876beed37e65578985767d47fdf80fd0.png

• Like 7

5 minutes ago, Cindy Evanier said:

/me pushes Rolig into the post to sort it out 

Heh .... I stuck my toe into the water just far enough to feel the temperature, then left.  There are shades of difference between Genuinely Helpless and Dumb Blonde, so it's not always easy to tell them apart.  And then there's Yanking Your Chain.   When I find myself being sucked into that universe, I back away slowly.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

14 hours ago, Rolig Loon said:

Heh .... I stuck my toe into the water just far enough to feel the temperature, then left.  There are shades of difference between Genuinely Helpless and Dumb Blonde, so it's not always easy to tell them apart.  And then there's Yanking Your Chain.   When I find myself being sucked into that universe, I back away slowly.

Oi! Who are you calling dumb blonde?????? Hehe?

• Haha 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 72 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.