Where are all my friends? Come on in and lets get comfy by the fire!

Hippie Bowman
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 65 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Isaac Newton discovered that while carrying helium-filled party balloons through his apple orchard.  Newton's 4th Law: "Helium filled party balloons are antisocial nerds. They tend to remain at rest or retreat while approached by strangers."

Edited by Rolig Loon
  • Like 3

On 8/10/2018 at 4:21 PM, Rolig Loon said:

I think the last time I heard of anyone groking successfully, it was Michael Valentine Smith and it was 1969.  Although maybe Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance came close in the mid-70s.  Or maybe that was Spock.  Spock sounds grokkier somehow.  In any case, groking's not a Millennial thing to do.

Dad taught me to "grok". He also taught me to ignore what people think people like me should do. And, because he taught me to observe and I observed how he worked with me, I think I learned how to get people to think they're not doing what I think they should do, but rather what they thought they wanted to do all along.

I suppose my badge title should be "Nefarious II".

;-).

Edited by Madelaine McMasters
  • Like 5
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

image.png.570835aa44c3f64fe110f0d758be5486.pngimage.png.e05e97425086b337d9bfe8d027eecd09.png

Happy You know nothing Tuesday and are very wise9_9 Hippie's quote from Plato got me thinking (about nothing of course) which is so appropriate for a Tuesday!  So I am throwing in a cute puppies playing football picture because football is back in season......yay, Go Vikings!

image.png.23457686a55abd5a20fca6e13199484a.png

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, Madelaine McMasters said:

Dad taught me to "grok". He also taught me to ignore what people think people like me should do. And, because he taught me to observe and I observed how he worked with me, I think I learned how to get people to think they're not doing what I think they should do, but rather what they thought they wanted to do all along.

I suppose my badge title should be "Nefarious II".

;-).

Don't you have to eat someone/something in order to completely grok it?

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Jameson2001 said:

football picture because football is back in season......yay, Go Vikings!

I am not a football fan at all, but my husband is, and he has been a die-hard Vikings fan since he was junior high age.  Living in what is broadly Forty-Niner or Raiders territory, we don't come across very many Vikings fans.  

• Like 2

19 hours ago, moirakathleen said:

Living in what is broadly Forty-Niner or Raiders territory, we don't come across very many Vikings fans.  

image.png.90471a16f0d970034a1e2f9fbd86c596.pngimage.png.6abce206eb7439d4a93262f2d450395c.png

Happy Wednesday All, Oh boy Moirakathleen let me tell you about the tales of woe being a Minnesota Vikings fan as opposed to the Raiders and Forty Niners who have many Super Bowl wins to remember:

4 Super Bowl Losses (last one in 1977)

Four devastating NFC Championship games in 1987 (dropped pass). 1998 (missed field goal), 2009 (overtime), and 2017 (got blasted by the Eagles).

But as the great Winston Churchill Once Said:

image.png.fe5cb4f3541c22829797d54f801d37e3.png

• Like 3

7 hours ago, Jameson2001 said:

Happy National Tell a Joke Day Everyone!  Here is mine:)

How can you tell that Maddy had been sneaking cookies out of the cookie jar (on the sly so to speak)............

Answer:  Because she had a crummy look on her face?

It's more likely she's sneaking something into the cookie jar.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 65 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.