Where are all my friends? Come on in and lets get comfy by the fire!

Hippie Bowman
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 71 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

3 hours ago, Sukubia Scarmon said:

I kinda missed my 10th rezzday yesterday.

Kind of reminds me of the one time I forgot my RL birthday.

Yeah, people think I'm joking when I say I'm really bad with birthdays and never can remember them!

Aw that's too bad cause we threw you a party with CAKE and everything!

J/K happy belated rezday! ❤️ 

• Like 4
  • Haha 4

5 hours ago, Sukubia Scarmon said:

I kinda missed my 10th rezzday yesterday.

Kind of reminds me of the one time I forgot my RL birthday.

Yeah, people think I'm joking when I say I'm really bad with birthdays and never can remember them!

Cool, mine was the 13th! I forgot mine too (as usual); someone at a club the other day reminded me I needed to update my profile bio to mention my tenth year instead of ninth. Happy Belated Rez Day to us!

(Of course, compared to me you're a noob ;-).

• Like 5

6 hours ago, Love Zhaoying said:

How’d your party go?

The party was a huge success - Thanks for asking.  I managed with all the prep work on my own, though I wasn't quite finished when the guests started to arrive. The timing of the meat coming off the smokers was such that slicing didn't occupy all my time, so I was able to wander and socialize.  We had a total of around 75 people, though with the comings and goings, there were probably never more than 50 at any given time.  I'm glad the weather was great so that roughly 1/3 of them could be out on the deck, helping to keep the house from feeling too crowded.  ?

Of course I now have a zillion flies in my house because the kids kept leaving the back door wide open.  ?

Edited by LittleMe Jewell
  • Like 8

3 hours ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

The party was a huge success - Thanks for asking.  I managed with all the prep work on my own, though I wasn't quite finished when the guests started to arrive. The timing of the meat coming off the smokers was such that slicing didn't occupy all my time, so I was able to wander and socialize.  We had a total of around 75 people, though with the comings and goings, there were probably never more than 50 at any given time.  I'm glad the weather was great so that roughly 1/3 of them could be out on the deck, helping to keep the house from feeling too crowded.  ?

Of course I now have a zillion flies in my house because the kids kept leaving the back door wide open.  ?

*Imagines your big deck, and how it draws flies*

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

49F this morning and my house is soaking wet from dew, as it has been nearly every morning since Memorial Day. I can't remember a wetter summer than this one. Leaves are turning, crickets are deafening, the local BP station is selling pumpkin spice gasoline. And I have the most amazing crop of spiders ever, each of them making me feel like a complete slacker. They can build, in one night, this...

Spider.thumb.jpg.f49ff0349c824702df49b7bceb516d6b.jpg

Not content to give her the accolades she deserves for being so industrious, I teased this particular spider by tickling the edges of her web with a twig. It took some time, but I was able to mimic something edible, and she came out to investigate. I then mimicked something hungry and she beat a hasty retreat.

Don't mess with me, people. I am Mistress of the Remodel and I shall not be outdone.

Happy Pique of the Week, Kids!!!

• Like 5
  • Haha 2

26 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

Much of our comfort or discomfort with temperatures is all a matter of perspective based on recent norms.

image.png.57001fd90552ee995e56ec6073425043.png

You are so right LittleMe we are bouncing all over the map right now temperature wise in Minnesota,    Hopefully the first snow is still weeks away but it was 38 degrees last night so it cant's be too far off.  Worse yet I saw a flock of these yesterday heading South.  Smart birds!

image.png.cd8fb41450596165d757eb4e90620aa3.png

• Like 4

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 71 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.