Mediterranean Theme

Leora Greenwood

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 69 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I was disappointed that the Moles did not give us one of their lovely and very low LI cypress trees in the Mediterranean content creation pack.  I have started looking around to find other cypress that match or blend in well but without much luck yet.  Has anyone found good cypress trees that blend with the Mole trees and the Mediterranean look?  TIA!

• Like 5

18 minutes ago, Leora Greenwood said:

I was disappointed that the Moles did not give us one of their lovely and very low LI cypress trees in the Mediterranean content creation pack.  I have started looking around to find other cypress that match or blend in well but without much luck yet.  Has anyone found good cypress trees that blend with the Mole trees and the Mediterranean look?  TIA!

Yes, not sure why they don't include them, same as the palm trees from the Stilts theme :(  Ok, this is what I've been using for the cypress on my parcel.  From left to right....

Botanical - Italian Cypress Fastigiate, Mediterranean Cypress from Fundati, LB_Cypress{4Seasons}, and the small, medium, large Cypress from Katz Republic (these are cute in pots by the front door or in raised beds under the window.  Happy shopping!!

Firestorm-Releasex64 6.6.14.69596 - Kylie Jaxxon (gyazo.com)

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Kylie Jaxxon said:

Yes, not sure why they don't include them, same as the palm trees from the Stilts theme :(  Ok, this is what I've been using for the cypress on my parcel.  From left to right....

Botanical - Italian Cypress Fastigiate, Mediterranean Cypress from Fundati, LB_Cypress{4Seasons}, and the small, medium, large Cypress from Katz Republic (these are cute in pots by the front door or in raised beds under the window.  Happy shopping!!

Firestorm-Releasex64 6.6.14.69596 - Kylie Jaxxon (gyazo.com)

I am giving the Botanical Cypress trees a whirl.  They seem to be a good match to the Mole trees, are very low LI and have excellent LODs.  Here the two in the left foreground are Botanical that I fattened up a bit and tweaked the color, with Mole trees elsewhere:

cypress_001.thumb.jpg.6b9633a5e9b3a280c50da9c6be43ae28.jpg

• Like 8

1 hour ago, Leora Greenwood said:

I am giving the Botanical Cypress trees a whirl.  They seem to be a good match to the Mole trees, are very low LI and have excellent LODs.  Here the two in the left foreground are Botanical that I fattened up a bit and tweaked the color, with Mole trees elsewhere:

cypress_001.thumb.jpg.6b9633a5e9b3a280c50da9c6be43ae28.jpg

They look great!!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I caught an unusual parcel that really gave me Tuscan feels - it has no walls in the back, and looks out onto a valley.

Medlandscape_001.jpg.13d20309061cc5ef914c8e6a5086f295.jpg

I wanted to take advantage of the "natural" feel of the landscape, and I love making ponds.

MonteRosaTorleypleasant_004.thumb.jpg.5b0890b15fc64edcf731fe72b38394e7.jpg

I'll be letting this parcel go tonight or tomorrow sometime.  The front has a very cute entry with stairs down from the street.  If anyone wants to coordinate an abandon time, let Nika know with a personal message here on the forums.

• Like 12

On 1/16/2024 at 11:32 PM, Nika Talaj said:

I caught an unusual parcel that really gave me Tuscan feels - it has no walls in the back, and looks out onto a valley.

Medlandscape_001.jpg.13d20309061cc5ef914c8e6a5086f295.jpg

I wanted to take advantage of the "natural" feel of the landscape, and I love making ponds.

MonteRosaTorleypleasant_004.thumb.jpg.5b0890b15fc64edcf731fe72b38394e7.jpg

I'll be letting this parcel go tonight or tomorrow sometime.  The front has a very cute entry with stairs down from the street.  If anyone wants to coordinate an abandon time, let Nika know with a personal message here on the forums.

Gorgeous! 🤩

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I have a new blog for you on Mediterranean landscaping - Cece's Italian Garden. You can find it at

https://lastditch.typepad.com/belli_parade_of_homes/2024/01/landscaping-a-mediterranean-home-part-2.html

This article looks in detail at Cece’s approach to landscaping a Mediterranean home. She choose to make her parcel look like an Italian Garden, and this blog shares pictures and some of the tricks she used to accomplish this.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 4

• 3 weeks later...

I have another blog on landscaping a mediterranean home, that you might find useful:

Landscaping a Mediterranean Home –Part 3 The Natural Look

https://lastditch.typepad.com/belli_parade_of_homes/2024/02/landscaping-a-mediterranean-home-part-three.html

This article looks at a “natural” way to landscape a Mediterranean home. Laureen Trueheart decorated her yard using a lot of plants and few man-made structures. Her landscaping blends in well with the surrounding mole landscaping, and is very lovely. We will look at some pictures and talk about some of the products she used.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

On 1/13/2024 at 3:59 PM, Leora Greenwood said:

Apparently I have a bunch of Italian cypresses (just checked!). But I'm especially fond of the Botanical ones. Four different sizes/versions in their fatpack, 1-3 LI each. Not totally cheap, but that level of detail is worth it to me. 

Snapshot_035 copy.jpg

• Like 6

• 2 weeks later...

I literally had to try for days on end to fill up my Med with prims!!!

And this is even a venue open to the public with various freebies etc.

I had to start putting in somewhat primmy landscasping like this Hayabusa tree with crystals because my God, how can you not use up the prims on a Linden home!!!

I was even going to try to sneak in a third KittyCats...

There's also a nice pond nearby and my 7Seas barrel reaches it! Yay!

This is the Honorary Consulate of Titania, and Bottom (Cica Ghost's Donkey Boy) is at the door ready to answer your questions in perfect iambic pentameter.

Nov 2023_574.jpg

Nov 2023_605.jpg

Nov 2023_604.jpg

Edited by Prokofy Neva
  • Like 9

I have another article for you about landscaping Mediterraneans....

Landscaping a Mediterranean Home – Part 4 -- Revisiting An Earlier Design

https://lastditch.typepad.com/belli_parade_of_homes/2024/02/landscaping-a-mediterranean-home-part-four.html

This article talks about ways to upgrade or enhance a landscaping you have already done. Specifically, it looks at the landscaping in Article 1 of this series and gives details on how it was upgraded to look even nicer. You can apply these same principles to your own yard (whether or not it is a Mediterranean).

Edited by Teresa Firelight
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, violagreen7567 said:

are these the models for highest premium members.  i am still in my old house and would like to go in the 2048 house. 

Yes, You have to be premium plus, to have one of the 2048 homes

• Like 1

i have had my old home for over a year and had a the premimum plus acct for over a year.  when will i be able to get a premimum plus house.   i am very disappointed in linden labs if i knew this was going to happen i would have stayed with just a regular premium acct. 

4 minutes ago, violagreen7567 said:

are these the models for highest premium members.  i am still in my old house and would like to go in the 2048 house. 

Yes. Regular Premium is $99/ year. Premium Plus is $250/ year, which gives you twice as much "free" tier for either mainland or a Premium Plus 2048 m  parcel. Currently the Ranch and Mediterranean 2048m homes are very popular. Premium Plus also gives you twice as much for your weekly stipend and other perks that regular Premium accounts don't get. You can still only have 1 Linden Home / account, however.

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, violagreen7567 said:

how do i get one of the new model homes i am a premium plus acct for way over a year 

In case nobody mentioned it, I believe you have to abandon your old house first. 🙂 THEN you can go choose a new Linden Home from what is available (if I recall correctly, you can choose / abandon homes up to 5 times in a single day).

Hopefully someone will correct me if I am wrong!

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, violagreen7567 said:

how do i get one of the new model homes i am a premium plus acct for way over a year 

You can pick a Premium Plus 2048m home the same way as getting a 1024m Linden Home.  First check the Linden Home page on the SL website (under Land Manager). Right now there are no 2048 m homes available, but I expect there to be more added tomorrow or later this week. Keep checking at least a couple times / day.

Second, when you see there are 2048m homes available, you'll have to Abandon your current Linden Home before you can get a new one. If you see a 2048m home that's empty inworld, you can request that specific parcel through the customer support concierge service.  You can also pick a new home from the Linden Home page the regular way and see which parcels come up randomly. When you like the location, keep it, rename it, and move in. If you don't like the location, abandon it and try your luck again - up to 5 times / day.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 69 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.