Best SL names you spotted...

Anna Nova

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 220 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

3 hours ago, Ceka Cianci said:

I used to love the ones where someone would make what seemed like a throw away name, but then  started to like SL and was stuck with that name.. hehehe

I can't remember any off hand, but they usually hand some funny line for a name or had fart in there somewhere..  hehehehe

@BallsDeepHoe is a name that makes me smile whenever I see it on the forum.

I imagine the person regretting that name after their SL interests change, but by then they'll have too much inventory to abandon this account and start a new one. Also, what if their kid or grandkid looks over their shoulder at their computer screen?  😆 

Edited by Persephone Emerald
  • Like 2
  • Haha 3

The best I encountered was Lost. It sparked this conversation:

Rand: "Do you feel lost?"

Them: "No, you found me."

Rand: "But I didn't know I was looking for you."

Them: "No one ever does."

Rand: "Were you looking for me?"

Them: "No I wasn't. Are you lost?"

Rand: "I feel that way a lot."

Them: "Don't we all."

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

12 hours ago, Persephone Emerald said:

Also, what if their kid or grandkid looks over their shoulder at their computer screen?  😆 

Two thoughts:

- Possibly their kid or grandkid chose the name!

- Imagine what kind of names their kids/grandkids will have.  New words would need to be used to defeat the censors.

• Like 3

On 9/15/2023 at 10:15 AM, Ceka Cianci said:

I used to love the ones where someone would make what seemed like a throw away name, but then  started to like SL and was stuck with that name.. hehehe

I can't remember any off hand, but they usually hand some funny line for a name or had fart in there somewhere..  hehehehe

I used to make alts just for the silly names, I have so many. I started playing my male alt quite a bit and had to pay for a name change for him, because the name I had given him 17 years ago was just too awful - Smelly Janitor.

• Haha 6

Many years ago I knew a Yuo Rang. His personality matched his name.

_____ 

Edited to add: I just looked and found his profile is on my.secondlife.com, and his biography is cute/quirky.

Biography

_.:*~*:.Life is like a tin of sardines.:*~*:._
.:*~*:._ all of us looking for a key _.:*~*:.
.:*~*:._ who holds yours? _.:*~*:.

What I wrote on his profile notes:

5.3.08 He was on my land at Missing Beckett. Just standing there quietly. We talked. He had randomly channel hopped in and was consulting with the World Map.
We talked of bots, and green dots (stacks) and everything. He has quite a mind - or smokes dope! Speaks fast, loves SL. Said "if ever a day goes by and I don't find something that makes me go "wow" then I will leave SL".

_____

I've never spoken to him since, but he must have made an impact to have come back into my mind all these years later.

Edited by Marigold Devin
  • Like 4

I have fond memories of the old days when there were lists of surnames. Picking clever ones and making new alts with them was part of the fun.  I've had a few of those, but the only ones I remember now were Rusty Raza (a fox furry), Dalia Digfoot (a hobbit) and Ryder Palfrey, the only such alt I still have, who started out as a medieval knight and is now an angel. Only one person ever got the joke with Ryder Palfrey.

• Like 2

On 9/15/2023 at 1:15 AM, Ceka Cianci said:

After reading that I had to input fart into the people search - Fart Cloud - Fart Rider - Fart Looming and Fart Soup were a few that caught my eye! I didn't realise there were so many farts in SL!

• Haha 3

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 220 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.