Ever notice how group chat bugs out and stops sending your messages at the worst times?  Like, just now, I was saying on one group that it would have been nice if a different group posted a notice about something.  Then I checked, and found out they did post a notice.  So that means I gave the first group bad information.  That won't do at all, so I went back and tried to tell them that.  Message got dropped.  I resent.  Message dropped again.  I can message other groups, but the group messaging is just very slow.  After about 5 minutes, they finally let me message the first group to correct myself.

That never happens when I say something nice, or at the end of a nice conversation.  It always happens at just the wrong moment, to make things as awkward as possible.  I swear, sometimes I think there's a linden somewhere with a switch that turns my group IMs off and on, and he's laughing at me, LOL.

• Thanks 2

8 hours ago, Bubblesort Triskaidekaphobia said:

I swear, sometimes I think there's a linden somewhere with a switch that turns my group IMs off and on, and he's laughing at me, LOL.

I feel the same way when it comes to other avatars that appear as a cloud.  As soon as I type "you're a cloud" they suddenly rez in, almost as if my typing triggers some hidden rendering update xD

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

12 hours ago, Eowyn Southmoor said:

I feel the same way when it comes to other avatars that appear as a cloud.  As soon as I type "you're a cloud" they suddenly rez in, almost as if my typing triggers some hidden rendering update xD

Now I'm wondering about the consequences of mistakenly typing "You're a clown". :/

Edited by Garnet Psaltery
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

Peeve: when people claim 'Gutenberg invented the printing press' (or movable type). It's about as accurate as to say that 'James Watts invented the steam engine'. Firstly, of course I 'know' that, everyone 'knows' that. Secondly, no. 

Also, in both aforementioned cases, their actual innovations are a whole lot cooler than the faulty claims. Couldn't go balls to the walls if it wasn't for Watts. 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Rowan Amore said:

Peeve...inevitability...the quality of being certain to happen...like when certain people start posting in certain threads, certain things are inevitable.  😁

Peeve: The "inevitable" can be a comfort! 

"This pain will end one day." "This baby will be born." "This too, shall pass."

"Yee-haaa! I don't care if my car breaks down, I'm going to drive it until it dies!"

Edited by Love Zhaoying

22 minutes ago, Arielle Popstar said:

Peeve: People who don't know enough to get off the forum when their dopamine tank is filled!

I have to agree here.  Pile-ons seem to be a dopamine high for some, the desire to 'get' someone. It's sadistic.  I would feel too guilty to do a pile-on...would feel abusive.

• Confused 1

35 minutes ago, Rowan Amore said:

Peeve...inevitability...the quality of being certain to happen...like when certain people start posting in certain threads, certain things are inevitable.  😁

This posting is definitely a nominee for The Vagueness Award 2024. :D

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Sid Nagy said:
37 minutes ago, Rowan Amore said:

This posting is definitely a nominee for The Vagueness Award 2024. :D

Peeve: "Vagueness" sounds slightly "naughty" in a subtle way, like "vaguegue".

1 hour ago, Rowan Amore said:

Adventure awaits!

Designer(1).thumb.png.951c75b84e4af11dbf841dbb65a5283d.png

Conan the destroyer of threads

Hazzah!

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

2 hours ago, Luna Bliss said:

I have to agree here.  Pile-ons seem to be a dopamine high for some, the desire to 'get' someone. It's sadistic.  I would feel too guilty to do a pile-on...would feel abusive.

Not what my post was referring to but in any case I suppose pile-ons happen when someone makes a statement that runs counter to so many people's experience.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Luna Bliss said:

Peeve: One is enough! (Is gentle joke!)

13 hours ago, Love Zhaoying said:

Peeve: not realizing that a post about "lions eating bad mothers" is obvious bait!

Sounds like a it could be a good ending of a fairy tale except it'd be the ebil stepmother or maybe even the mother in law!

Posted (edited)

Peeve: When an employee helps you get a numbered ticket to wait your turn, knows that number will never be reached by the end of the work day, yet doesn't tell you this.

Edited by Persephone Emerald
  • Like 4
  • Sad 2