4 hours ago, Jordan Whitt said:

DYING for an Almighty Texan BBQ burger.Ā  Get home and what do I find instead?Ā  A DOUBLE McCHICKEN BURGER!!!Ā  SOOOOO PEEVED!!!!

Ā  Ā And here I was thinking youĀ likeĀ chicken!Ā 

TV shows the finish their run on a cliffhanger so I NEVER FIND OUT WHAT HAPPENS!!!!

Ā  Ā It's an IKEA ending. Do with it what you want!

Since I finished bingeing The Glades, I now need to find a new show to binge.

Ā  Ā I was reading about a show just now (totallyĀ didn't Google it up just for you!) that seems pretty interesting, called 'Baskets'. Look it up!Ā Nodnods.

8 hours ago, Jordan Whitt said:

TV shows the finish their run on a cliffhanger so I NEVER FIND OUT WHAT HAPPENS!!!!Ā  DAMN YOU "THE GLADES".Ā 

I was screaming about this last night.Ā  I've been binging some older TV shows while waiting for the fall season to really get going.Ā  I hate it when the screenwriter ends the season on a cliffhanger and then the show gets cancelled --- leaving all sorts of things up in the air.

If they don't yet know whether or not they are being renewed, show writers should always finish up all of the various storylines by end of the season -- or at the minimum, wrap up the major ones.

Edited by LittleMe Jewell

8 hours ago, Jordan Whitt said:

I hit McDonalds tonight, DYING for an Almighty Texan BBQ burger.Ā 

I had never heard of that McDonalds burger, so I went and checked the menu.Ā  Apparently it is local to you folks - and maybe some other countries - but does not exist in the US.

11 minutes ago, Rowan Amore said:

Is that irony?

Ā 

Apparently, McDonald's has 3 "American-themed" burgers in New Zealand that you cannot actually get in America -- at least, not in the USA part of America:Ā Ā 

Almighty Texan BBQ burger
Spicy Nashville Chicken
LA Mustard Mayo burger

7 hours ago, Orwar said:

Ā  Ā And here I was thinking youĀ likeĀ chicken!Ā 

Not when ALL I have been eating for WEEKS is chicken!!!Ā  I was SOOOO looking forward to a nice hot hunk of beeeeef!!

6 hours ago, Kimmi Zehetbauer said:

The show ALF reminds me of that. Ended on a cliffhanger. Did he ever eat that cat?Ā  :D

I like to think not!!!

3 hours ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

I was screaming about this last night.Ā  I've been binging some older TV shows while waiting for the fall season to really get going.Ā  I hate it when the screenwriter ends the season on a cliffhanger and then the show gets cancelled --- leaving all sorts of things up in the air.

If they don't yet know whether or not they are being renewed, show writers should always finish up all of the various storylines by end of the season -- or at the minimum, wrap up the major ones.

AGREED!!!!!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

Apparently, McDonald's has 3 "American-themed" burgers in New Zealand that you cannot actually get in America -- at least, not in the USA part of America:Ā Ā 

Almighty Texan BBQ burger
Spicy Nashville Chicken
LA Mustard Mayo burger

Now all those places will think those things are actually made like that when McDonald's doesn't even compare.. hehehe

I don't even let people bring McDonald's into my house..

4 hours ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

I had never heard of that McDonalds burger, so I went and checked the menu.Ā  Apparently it is local to you folks - and maybe some other countries - but does not exist in the US.

There's all sorts of videos on YouTube showing what's available in McDonalds in different countries. In the UK we also get limited edition USA/World themed burgers and other limited time items

Ā 

43 minutes ago, Claireschen Hesten said:

There's all sorts of videos on YouTube showing what's available in McDonalds in different countries. In the UK we also get limited edition USA/World themed burgers and other limited time items

Ā 

McDonald's has always made me gag -- that video just made it worse.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ayeleeon said:

How some people think if you aren't doing something like they would, you are doing it wrong.

How some people think that following the topic of a thread does not apply to them because they spam it so much they are always in the top posters catagory.

For Example....Thinking the "how your avatar looks today" means posting several pics per day of themselves standing around wearing the same thing post after post with the only difference being the bimbo they are standing with.

200.gif

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

31 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

McDonald's has always made me gag -- that video just made it worse.

LOL. Their international offerings doesn't look anymore appetizing than the domestic menu. McD always look unnatural. I still would rather go to the local non-chain eateries when traveling. What's the point of going to other countries if you're not going to sample their local specialties?

I'm reminded of a time when I nearly got dragged into a McDonald's in Switzerland by fellow American tourists because of unexpected high prices at other restaurants. (Prices average about 30 CHF or 33 USD per entree and a 12oz bottled water costs 4 CHF or a bit over 4 USD.) With the help of a Canadian and an Australian in our tour group, we managed to steer ourselves back to the nice Swiss cafe for better food.

27 minutes ago, Jordan Whitt said:

For Example....Thinking the "how your avatar looks today" means posting several pics per day of themselves standing around wearing the same thing post after post with the only difference being the bimbo they are standing with.

Or when they constantly post pictures of other people instead of themselves.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Rolig Loon said:

In the same style as French Fries and Chop Suey, neither of which exists outside of North America.

Ā  Ā French Fries is something that very much exists outside of North America, even if the name isn't always the same. In France they're calledĀ pommes de terre fritesĀ or justĀ pommes frites, which is what we call them here too. The Brits call them chips, the Dutch serve them with mussels, the Belgians claim it ought to be known as Belgian Fries (and also eat them with mussels, and probably will claim that's theirĀ thing too), the Germans boringly decided to kind of use the French word but made it sound a little more Deutsch,Ā Fritten (or just 'Pommes'),Ā rather than going for the much better wordĀ KARTOFFELKNƜPPEL. But they're not called 'French Fries' just for funsies, it's actually a French dish (or Belgian, but as everyone knows, Belgium is just a suburb to Luxembourg so who caresĀ ^_^).Ā 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Orwar said:

Ā  Ā French Fries is something that very much exists outside of North America, even if the name isn't always the same. In France they're calledĀ pommes de terre fritesĀ or justĀ pommes frites, which is what we call them here too. The Brits call them chips, the Dutch serve them with mussels, the Belgians claim it ought to be known as Belgian Fries (and also eat them with mussels, and probably will claim that's theirĀ thing too), the Germans boringly decided to kind of use the French word but made it sound a little more Deutsch,Ā Fritten (or just 'Pommes'),Ā rather than going for the much better wordĀ KARTOFFELKNƜPPEL. But they're not called 'French Fries' just for funsies, it's actually a French dish (or Belgian, but as everyone knows, Belgium is just a suburb to Luxembourg so who caresĀ ^_^).Ā 

Indeed, the french fry is European. Though the potato comes from the Andes region (known as Tawantinsuyu in Quechua). In QuƩbec we take fries, pour gravy on top, then add cheese curds. There are many variations but those are the basic elements. We call this poutine (put-sinn, not poo-teen).

I also find it odd how some people say North America, because they assume, for whatever reason, that it's shorthand for the USA and Canada together - not understanding that North America includes Mexico (as well as Guatemala, Nicaragua, Costa Rica, El Salvador, Panama, etc).Ā 

9 hours ago, Jordan Whitt said:

several pics per day of themselves standing around wearing the same thing post after post with the only difference being the person they are with.

Ok, I will give you the first part, multiple pictures in the same outfit, but this notion that including others in our shots is a bad thing is nonsense. Not everyone logs on to just stand around in their private space alone. No reason our pictures should not reflect the social aspect of the platform.

55 minutes ago, Elysienne Nebula said:

I also find it odd how some people say North America, because they assume, for whatever reason, that it's shorthand for the USA and Canada together - not understanding that North America includes Mexico (as well as Guatemala, Nicaragua, Costa Rica, El Salvador, Panama, etc).Ā 

Then again some see Central America as a separate entity from North America, similar to how some see Quebec as separate from Canada. Definitely some pet peeving for either.

13 minutes ago, Ayeleeon said:

others in our shots is a bad thing

Ā  Ā I disagree, I think it can be fun to do pictures with friends!

Ā  Ā ---

Ā  Ā Behold the power of contextomy! Also, when altering or inserting words in a quote, you're supposed to put it in square brackets.Ā 

giphy.gif

3 hours ago, Orwar said:

French Fries is something that very much exists outside of North America, even if the name isn't always the same.

And that's precisely the point.Ā  You can get "French Fries" in many places around the world but it's here in North America (primarily the US, although I have had French Fries in Toronto and elsewhere in Canada) where they are called French Fries.Ā  Thanks to movies and the Internet, you can walk into a shop in the UK and be understood if you ask for french fries, but you'll still be regarded as a bit of an idiot.Ā Ā 

• Sad 1

45 minutes ago, Orwar said:

Ā  Ā I disagree, I think it can be fun to do pictures with friends!

Ā  Ā ---

Ā  Ā Behold the power of contextomy! Also, when altering or inserting words in a quote, you're supposed to put it in square brackets.Ā 

giphy.gif

And we even have an entire thread dedicated to friends.

Ā 

4 hours ago, Orwar said:

Ā  Ā Ā the Dutch serve them with mussels

Can't say I saw that even when growing up and picking them up fresh at low tide of the Oosterschelde. I would have remembered the gagging that mussels caused for mešŸ¤¢

"Patat friet met mayonaise" however was what I knew as the standard were one only had to say "friet met" and the mayonaise was assumed.

Dutch_Fries_with_Flag.png

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Rowan Amore said:

And we even have an entire thread dedicated to friends.

Ā 

Which no one hardly ever posts in.

I will post there if the last post isn't mine, but quite often it is mine, and I have been taught double posting is bad form, so I post here.

Ā 

Edited by Ayeleeon