1 minute ago, Orwar said:

Cruelty doesn't mean you can't learn or discover new things, or that you can't have progress. In fact, throughout history, a great deal of progress and discovery has been accommodated by cruelty.

Besides, how compassionate is it to brand someone as 'cruel', based on someone else whinging about not feeling approved of? Do you feel sufficiently informed of their character to pass such a harsh judgement? Throw not mice in cheese shops, and all that.

Who did I brand as cruel? Name them. Show me where I named them. I didn't brand anyone. I made a statement about humans in general. 

You're jumping on me over something that didn't happen.

9 minutes ago, Silent Mistwalker said:

Who did I brand as cruel? Name them. Show me where I named them. I didn't brand anyone. I made a statement about humans in general.

3 hours ago, Silent Mistwalker said:
4 hours ago, Ayeleeon said:

I did that, and was ridiculed for not being able to get a real person. Then I post with a real person and get chastised for that. Like I said, they just want me to go away.

People are cruel. They make fun of me all the time. Most of the time I just ignore it and they quickly get bored and move along.

You were directly responding to a quote of a person whinging about a personal conflict which, obviously, regards other people on these forums. Your choice of words in response, 'people are cruel'. Now, if you didn't mean to attribute part of that denouncement to the people whom the rant that you quoted regarded, my mistake - but then, I find myself at a loss on how to decipher the purpose of quoting that particular harangue.

Anyway, before we get yet another pet peeve thread locked .. Peeve: people who put wet dishes on dried dishes in the rack, so that you now have a pile of wet dishes, nowhere to put new wet dishes, can't empty the rack because everything is wet, and the things you need to make dinner with are wet again after having spent 24 hours drying. 

Also, because it just came up in conversation elsewhere - people with halitosis who choose to aerate their stinky oral cavities whilst on a packed communal transport via the means of whistling. Now that's being cruel.

18 minutes ago, Orwar said:

You were directly responding to a quote of a person whinging about a personal conflict which, obviously, regards other people on these forums. Your choice of words in response, 'people are cruel'. Now, if you didn't mean to attribute part of that denouncement to the people whom the rant that you quoted regarded, my mistake - but then, I find myself at a loss on how to decipher the purpose of quoting that particular harangue.

No question about it. Definitely your mistake.

7715871_full-quotes-about-courage-and-cr

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Jordan Whitt said:

Good point. 

Bad @Rowan Amore for making this blonde think!

Bad Jordan Whitt for making a blonde joke even if she is blonde! 

*goes back to listening to her earpods... "breathe in, breathe out, breathe in, breathe out..."*

/horrendouskarenimpersonation

It's times like these when I wish I could wrap my brain around LSL. 🤭

1 hour ago, Silent Mistwalker said:

Bad Jordan Whitt for making a blonde joke even if she is blonde! 

*goes back to listening to her earpods... "breathe in, breathe out, breathe in, breathe out..."*

/horrendouskarenimpersonation

It's times like these when I wish I could wrap my brain around LSL. 🤭

Two blondes walked into a building....

...You'd think one of them would have seen it!

• Haha 6

21 hours ago, Silent Mistwalker said:

We see it that way because that is what we were taught in school. North, Central and South America. It is not the same thing as seeing Quebec as separate from Canada. Quebec is part of Canada, not a  separate country no matter how hard they wish it otherwise.

Once I had an American explain it to me that it was because of language. North America is the English speaking part. If that is the case, North America is a much smaller place than national borders would have us believe. 

As for Québec, the independence movement has cred here. In the past, it was people like them who stood up for canadiens (often called "French Canadians or canadiens-français) rights. Canada is a far different country nowadays where there is freedom for Québec to develop and thrive. The turning point was that people in Québec started using the democratic levers of power that they had formerly been told were not theirs to use. That said, Québec may not be a "separate country" - as in nation state - but it is a nation. Within a federation called Canada. 

Sorry to all the either/or people whose bubbles just popped. 

Edited by Elysienne Nebula
english
  • Like 1

42 minutes ago, Madelaine McMasters said:
17 hours ago, Orwar said:

We live in a cruel world, in an indifferent universe. Why should we pretend to be any different?

There is considerable research showing the beneficial effect of the right amount and kind of self deception.

There is also self-deception in believing with certainty that the Universe is indifferent.

I mean, how could any human say with certainty that they know?  All I can say for sure is that I don't know the answer.

Edited by Luna Bliss
  • Like 2

20 hours ago, Rowan Amore said:

My only point being is that in How does YOUR avatar look today...most people show THEIR avatar only and not Me with Random Person of the Day.  Those would be Pictures of Friendship.  Just like Close Ups or Landscapes.  There are specific threads but they don't get seen as much therefore, not as many Likes. Am I wrong?  No.   Also, I've not seen anyone complain about anyone posting days apart in those threads.     Btw, nice pull of the bully card.  You hadn't used that in awhile.  

How does this fit in with the time you and a certain group of others repeatedly made fun of the woman who posts her photos at a slant? (some style in the Netherlands, apparently).  Is there also a rule stating avatars must be perpendicular to the ground in their photos, or are you guys at times a bit too controlling in those threads?

Peeve : selfrighteous fingerpointing.

She got nothing ( as you yourself very well know ) on you , Rowan : 

1. I called you out on that specific she' s using against you. It was not about control. I still disagree about that specific with you, but we both spoke out and we're cool afaik.
  2. The person involved is British not Dutch. Eventhough the reference is 'the Dutch angle'.

What actually bugged me about it was that the 'group' was incapable to notice said angle was constantly used to have the avatar fit the frame yet not take up too much vertical length. So it was actually done for better viewing if I understand correctly. 

Aside that she was undeserving of such comments. And I showed weakness by stepping in ... :|

Like now.

Edited by TDD123
Peeve
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Claireschen Hesten said:

I believe Luna was referring to the "Dutch angle" tilt that some people using a certain viewer use exclusively on their pictures not always to good effect

ahh yes, that was the name of this artistic choice some make for their photos..

On 9/29/2021 at 7:34 AM, Ayeleeon said:

I did that, and was ridiculed for not being able to get a real person. Then I post with a real person and get chastised for that. Like I said, they just want me to go away.

Are you referring to the pic I posted with one of my alts eye rolling at the fact that you posted a pic with one of yours having a go over  @Rowan Amore 's use of her "wtf" emoji?  You've "gone away"...what, three, four times now, yet here you are back on your third ID in as many months (which I really enjoyed being blamed for btw).  

On 9/29/2021 at 8:39 AM, Silent Mistwalker said:

People are cruel. They make fun of me all the time. Most of the time I just ignore it and they quickly get bored and move along.

Hi hi!  Person who was "cruel" here!  I took the piss....BIG difference between that and being cruel.  If I was being "cruel"...well you would know ALL about it!   Instead, I bite my tongue, sit on my hands and don't say the MULTITUDES of things I REALLY REALLY REALLY want to say BECAUSE they ARE incredibly negative and yes...cruel.

Unless a mod tells you, you can't post an image in a particular thread, you aren't breaking any rules.

True.  But as pointed out by @Rowan Amore, there ARE threads for posting pictures with your friends, threads for posting closeups, threads for posting landscapes etc.  Just because they won't give certain people the gratification they seek and clout they chase doesn't mean they shouldn't use them or be eye rolled at for continuing their ego driven search for approval by posting pics with the bimbo of the day in the "how YOUR avatar looks today" thread.  I am so tempted to spam pic after pic of my avatar standing around in the same outfit day after day...but I don't because she looks the same today as she looked yesterday.  I only post something when I change outfit and think she looks cute.  Wtf is the point of same look, different location, different bimbo pics anyway?

The posters don't get to make the rules.

No we don't, but we are allowed to comment.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Jordan Whitt said:

Are you referring to the pic I posted with one of my alts eye rolling at the fact that you posted a pic with one of yours having a go over  @Rowan Amore 's use of her "wtf" emoji?  You've "gone away"...what, three, four times now, yet here you are back on your third ID in as many months (which I really enjoyed being blamed for btw).  

Hi hi!  Person who was "cruel" here!  I took the piss....BIG difference between that and being cruel.  If I was being "cruel"...well you would know ALL about it!   Instead, I bite my tongue, sit on my hands and don't say the MULTITUDES of things I REALLY REALLY REALLY want to say BECAUSE they ARE incredibly negative and yes...cruel.

True.  But as pointed out by @Rowan Amore, there ARE threads for posting pictures with your friends, threads for posting closeups, threads for posting landscapes etc.  Just because they won't give certain people the gratification they seek and clout they chase doesn't mean they shouldn't use them or be eye rolled at for continuing their ego driven search for approval by posting pics with the bimbo of the day in the "how YOUR avatar looks today" thread.  I am so tempted to spam pic after pic of my avatar standing around in the same outfit day after day...but I don't because she looks the same today as she looked yesterday.  I only post something when I change outfit and think she looks cute.  Wtf is the point of same look, different location, different bimbo pics anyway?

No we don't, but we are allowed to comment.

As I told Orwar, I wasn't calling you cruel. Although you are a people, it was not aimed at you. If it had been I would have quoted you.

8 minutes ago, Silent Mistwalker said:

As I told Orwar, I wasn't calling you cruel. Although you are a people, it was not aimed at you. If it had been I would have quoted you.

Oh I know you weren't specifically calling me cruel as I've never had a beef with you nor have you had one with me.  I was singled out though as the person who did "ridicule" in the original post and was simply explaining where my mindset was and the intent behind my "ridiculing" posting.  

I happen to be very good people!  Ask all of my alts and they will tell you!  :D

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Jordan Whitt said:

Oh I know you weren't specifically calling me cruel as I've never had a beef with you nor have you had one with me.  I was singled out though as the person who did "ridicule" in the original post and was simply explaining where my mindset was and the intent behind my "ridiculing" posting.  

I happen to be very good people!  Ask all of my alts and they will tell you!  :D

You know, it's fine to talk to yourself. It's even fine to ask yourself questions. The time to start worrying is when you ask yourself a question and you answer it, "Huh?"

With that in mind, Self, is Jordan good people?

Self sez....

Hmmmm... could be.

🤭

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, missyrideout said:

People who make a big deal about being "picky" in their profiles. Does that work? Oh dang, she's picky, better not send my inane go-nowhere pickup attempt! Cmon. Just silently judge like the rest of us.

Or judge out loud, but at least make it funny.