1 hour ago, Arielle Popstar said:

Then again some see Central America as a separate entity from North America, similar to how some see Quebec as separate from Canada. Definitely some pet peeving for either.

We see it that way because that is what we were taught in school. North, Central and South America. It is not the same thing as seeing Quebec as separate from Canada. Quebec is part of Canada, not a  separate country no matter how hard they wish it otherwise.

• Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, Ayeleeon said:

Which no one hardly ever posts in.

I will post there if the last post isn't mine, but quite often it is mine, and I have been taught double posting is bad form, so I post here.

I was going to post some of my stuff but after seeing how many hoops you have to jump through just to make the posters happy so they aren't constantly trying to tell me what, where, when and how I can post... forget it. I share my "art" on my terms, not anyone else's.

• Thanks 1

45 minutes ago, Ayeleeon said:

Which no one hardly ever posts in.

I will post there if the last post isn't mine, but quite often it is mine, and I have been taught double posting is bad form, so I post here.

Posting the same picture in the Your Avatar section is double posting.  Posting one in How does Your Avatar look today AND close ups or one of the other catagories in that whole other area is fine.  Unless you're posting 3 or 4 pics in a row on the same day, who cares if yours was the last one posted in a thread.  If it's a different day, a different scene, something different.

I'll post one in Your Avatar in the appropriate thread and maybe another in Art, Music and Photograhy where appropriate.  You're free to do it however you'd like but as you know, any post comes with an opportunity for comments.

And I think you meant, Hardly ever looks at and likes.  

Edited by Rowan Amore

1 hour ago, Rolig Loon said:

Thanks to movies and the Internet, you can walk into a shop in the UK and be understood if you ask for french fries, but you'll still be regarded as a bit of an idiot.  

If you ask for fries/French fries you won't get the sort of stuff you get in fast food restaurants in most places you'll get chunkier fries known as chips.
Air-fried chips | BBC Good Food

Also if you ask for a bag of chips in a supermarket/food shop you won't get what we know as crisps, you'll get a bag of frozen fries

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Rowan Amore said:
1 hour ago, Ayeleeon said:

I meant what I said, the last post was me, two days ago.

and so?  

2 hours ago, Ayeleeon said:

Which no one hardly ever posts in

or looks at and Likes.

Is there something wrong with preferring to post in a thread that people actually read and comment on or appreciate?  I'm not sure why you're bullying him to admit to what, to me, seems perfectly normal.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Claireschen Hesten said:

If you ask for fries/French fries you won't get the sort of stuff you get in fast food restaurants in most places you'll get chunkier fries known as chips.
Air-fried chips | BBC Good Food

Also if you ask for a bag of chips in a supermarket/food shop you won't get what we know as crisps, you'll get a bag of frozen fries

How dare you post that photo!  I am on a low-carb diet and now I want fries and ketchup   :)  😉

So my pet peeve...I don't get to have as many carbs as I want.

25 minutes ago, Rowan Amore said:

and so?  

As I said, I have been taught in other forums not to make two posts in a row in the same thread. You say it ok here. But I know that if I did I would get jumped on for highjacking the thread. You just won't be happy till I stop posting altogether.

• Haha 1

My only point being is that in How does YOUR avatar look today...most people show THEIR avatar only and not Me with Random Person of the Day.  Those would be Pictures of Friendship.  Just like Close Ups or Landscapes.  There are specific threads but they don't get seen as much therefore, not as many Likes. Am I wrong?  No.   Also, I've not seen anyone complain about anyone posting days apart in those threads.     Btw, nice pull of the bully card.  You hadn't used that in awhile.  

• Like 3

32 minutes ago, Ayeleeon said:

As I said, I have been taught in other forums not to make two posts in a row in the same thread. You say it ok here. But I know that if I did I would get jumped on for highjacking the thread. You just won't be happy till I stop posting altogether.

Not actually you won't get jumped on for it. I do it all the time. It's called cocoa nutting after a certain poster from way back. It's playing catchup on a thread that has either exploded while I slept or I haven't had time to keep up. So I reply as I read through and if someone happens to post in between, oh well, they broke my streak. If someone doesn't like it, they can always skip my posts.

13 minutes ago, Rowan Amore said:

My only point being is that in How does YOUR avatar look today...most people show THEIR avatar only and not Me with Random Person of the Day.  Those would be Pictures of Friendship.  Just like Close Ups or Landscapes.  There are specific threads but they don't get seen as much therefore, not as many Likes. Am I wrong?  No.   Also, I've not seen anyone complain about anyone posting days apart in those threads.     Btw, nice pull of the bully card.  You hadn't used that in awhile.  

But ... they're both my accounts.... 🤭

• Haha 2

24 minutes ago, Silent Mistwalker said:

But ... they're both my accounts.... 🤭

I did that, and was ridiculed for not being able to get a real person. Then I post with a real person and get chastised for that. Like I said, they just want me to go away.

Oh for ....

1. Double-posting is when you've posted the exact same thing twice, generally back to back or through some forum glitch. 
  2. Post what you like in the image threads, staying within ToS/CS and reason and ignore people griping at you.
    1. Yes, there are specific threads for specific things - some made simply to draw more attention to specific photo/snapshot/screenshot types (individual shots - several of those type, group/friends and such) - post in whichever is suitable.

1 hour ago, Ayeleeon said:

I did that, and was ridiculed for not being able to get a real person. Then I post with a real person and get chastised for that. Like I said, they just want me to go away.

People are cruel. They make fun of me all the time. Most of the time I just ignore it and they quickly get bored and move along.

Unless a mod tells you, you can't post an image in a particular thread, you aren't breaking any rules. The posters don't get to make the rules.

Edited by Silent Mistwalker
  • Like 2

17 hours ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

McDonald's has always made me gag -- that video just made it worse.

I remember long ago the Linden person who told me about SL went to a MickyDs not far from the Lab's office and came back to work on some technical stuff and got the flying dirties.  More time in the washroom then dealing with a server. I remember him telling me that when he used to come to our old night club in South San Francisco before we closed it and retired to Canada. After that he never went back to MickyD.

12 hours ago, Orwar said:

[...] the Germans boringly decided to kind of use the French word but made it sound a little more Deutsch, Fritten (or just 'Pommes'), rather than going for the much better word KARTOFFELKNÜPPEL.  

That word's much to strong for some thin little sticks. :P 
But I will be using it from now on regardless. :D

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Silent Mistwalker said:

No point at all in furthering our knowledge and improving ourselves.

Cruelty doesn't mean you can't learn or discover new things, or that you can't have progress. In fact, throughout history, a great deal of progress and discovery has been accommodated by cruelty.

Besides, how compassionate is it to brand someone as 'cruel', based on someone else whinging about not feeling approved of? Do you feel sufficiently informed of their character to pass such a harsh judgement? Throw not mice in cheese shops, and all that.

50 minutes ago, Coffee Pancake said:

Because we can.

What a compelling argument. I shall have to revise my world views forthwith!