Why are some of the navigational links in this forum still broken?

At the moment, the only way I can get into "My Avatar" is by clicking the link to the most recent posting there. Navigating up from there, or from anywhere else on this site, leads me to a black page -- "https://community.secondlife.com/forums/forum/318-your-avatar/"

This has been a problem for months now, hasn't it? But it's worse today. I literary cannot view the "My Avatar" forum as a whole.

45 minutes ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

At the moment, the only way I can get into "My Avatar" is by clicking the link to the most recent posting there. Navigating up from there, or from anywhere else on this site, leads me to a black page -- "https://community.secondlife.com/forums/forum/318-your-avatar/"

This has been a problem for months now, hasn't it? But it's worse today. I literary cannot view the "My Avatar" forum as a whole.

I would have this happen to me periodically but usually on my tablet.  My Avatar was the only one I had issues with.  Clearing browser cache usually fixed it for me.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Jordan Whitt said:

When people feel the NEED to passively aggressively point out something that I have peeved about in another thread where they post...cos we all know the forums TOTALLY revolve around you!!!

I can feel this. But what peeves me, is when someone is in another thread. Says that I am somehow problematic, for not liking something that a majority of the population enjoys. Then turns around and says that I have biases against it. No honey, I just don't like it, plain and simple. There are no biases, no hate. Just don't like it. What is the problem with that? 

• Like 2

Peeve:

Looking on the mp for skins,  go into unisex hoping for well unisex skins because flatchest .

Instead find nothing but furry skins (which have there own section..) pony skins...

I really wish the unisex sections of skins, shapes, apparel, etc actually had  unisex in them instead of being a dumping ground.

• Like 2

Why does it take a Linden account directly responding to and locking a thread to get a point across?

Starting the countdown for some of the usual types to try and revive it or otherwise try to contest what they've already been told and had confirmed (despite that confirmation not being needed if one set aside their own paranoia and actually thought a little bit) ...

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

A couple of weeks ago, I started having an issue with just going from one page to the next. It no longer takes me to the TOP of the next page, regardless of clicking on page number or "next page". Instead, it takes me to the BOTTOM of the next page, so I have to scroll ALL THE WAY TO THE TOP to read the posts.

I've tried doing the usual resetting of settings, of which there are far too few compared to pretty much every other forum out there regardless of focus, but no dice. I have established, beyond all doubt in my mind, that the issue is not on my end. 

And yes, I cleared cache, deleted history, cookies etc. All the usual troubleshooting. The issue is definitely NOT on the user end.

Needless to say, I am peeved once again at LL! :SwingingFriends:

Edit: I haven't been in the Avatar thread in months. 

Edited by Silent Mistwalker
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Silent Mistwalker said:

A couple of weeks ago, I started having an issue with just going from one page to the next. It no longer takes me to the TOP of the next page, regardless of clicking on page number or "next page". Instead, it takes me to the BOTTOM of the next page, so I have to scroll ALL THE WAY TO THE TOP to read the posts.

I've tried doing the usual resetting of settings, of which there are far too few compared to pretty much every other forum out there regardless of focus, but no dice. I have established, beyond all doubt in my mind, that the issue is not on my end. 

And yes, I cleared cache, deleted history, cookies etc. All the usual troubleshooting. The issue is definitely NOT on the user end.

Needless to say, I am peeved once again at LL! :SwingingFriends:

Edit: I haven't been in the Avatar thread in months. 

I've been having issues with this problem on my phone for . . . months? But it hasn't been impacting my access through my desktop so much. Now it is.

And the fact that it's a problem on both my phone (Android, using Chrome) AND my desktop (Windows, using Firefox) certainly suggests that the problem is not at my end.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Jordan Whitt said:

Just because I am dancing near you at a club does not mean I wanna jump in and replace the chick you were dancing with who just left...

200.gif.593958bc39ed504549926d961d6f8de3.gif

I remember the old friday threads and the videos.. I can never forget this one because SL is so much like this one..

I can't even sit on a beach by myself  and sort my inventory.. not unless I'm there for like a week and have fended  off the hardlegs to where they finally all just gave up..hehehe

Just now, Scylla Rhiadra said:

Surprise surprise. Guess what just got locked, despite, so far as I can see, not contravening the forum guidelines in any way?

Except that it did. By the very nature of the thread.

Something that was only a matter of time to have happen - a thread opened to rehash a topic that was covered and answered.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, Solar Legion said:

Except that it did. By the very nature of the thread.

Something that was only a matter of time to have happen - a thread opened to rehash a topic that was covered and answered.

It was NOT answered. Keira's "point" doesn't begin to address the issues raised in that, or the previous thread.

Frankly, LL's determination to shut down this conversation here is having the opposite of a "reassuring" effect upon me. If this is so harmless, why stomp out the discussion about it?

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

Just now, Scylla Rhiadra said:

It was NOT answered. Keira's "point" doesn't begin to address the issues raised in that, or the previous thread.

Frankly, LL's determination to shut down this conversation here is having the opposite of a "reassuring" effect upon me. If this is so harmless, why stomp out the discussion about it?

It was answered. People (myself included) found the answer lacking - that is something entirely different.

To someone like myself, the answer to why it was shut down is rather obvious when one examines the way such things tend to go, especially here. There is no sense whatsoever in allowing people to use the forum to foment unrest, paranoia and such now is there?

If I (personally) wish to discuss that further, it will be elsewhere.

Just now, Solar Legion said:

It was answered.

Bland reassurances that don't address the questions and issues raised aren't an "answer" -- they are an evasion. "Stay Calm and Keep Spending Your Money" is not an adequate substitution for a thoughtful response.

5 minutes ago, Solar Legion said:

If I (personally) wish to discuss that further, it will be elsewhere.

As I am sure is happening. The forums are a pretty small fish tank, but LL might bear in mind some of the basic lessons of PR 101: get in front of a controversy, rather than sit on it hoping it will go away.

I suspect they've just squirted a little bit of oil into a stil-manageable, but potentially troublesome fire.

14 hours ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

I've been having issues with this problem on my phone for . . . months? But it hasn't been impacting my access through my desktop so much. Now it is.

And the fact that it's a problem on both my phone (Android, using Chrome) AND my desktop (Windows, using Firefox) certainly suggests that the problem is not at my end.

I've only used my desktop. I don't even own a working cell phone. I use Chrome for the forum. I tend to keep certain things separated between Chrome and Edge. I hate having to log in constantly, so I keep it to where it auto logs in. Logging in from Edge, I'd end up having to reset all that when I shouldn't have to so that's not going to happen. lol

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

Surprise surprise. Guess what just got locked, despite, so far as I can see, not contravening the forum guidelines in any way?

I was responding to you at the time and  then when I posted  it said Locked.. I was like Noooooooooo!\o/

I could have made a snack instead!  hehehe

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, Ceka Cianci said:

I was responding to you at the time and  then when I posted  it said Locked.. I was like Noooooooooo!\o/

I could have made a snack instead!  hehehe

I will forever be the poorer for not having your response, Ceka.

But a snack sounds like a good idea!

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

I will forever be the poorer for not having your response, Ceka.

But a snack sounds like a good idea!

It wasn't much.. It started out long like always. Then a lot of editing and widdling, then a lot more editing and some chopping.. then just getting tired of the editing and chopping and widdling and ended up with.

I know right!? \o/

hehehe

ETA: And I made a snack this time.. my famous avocado eggsalad.. omg is it good too. :)

Edited by Ceka Cianci
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

This is completely ridiculous.
The thread was completely in line with the new guidelines and nobody was out of order with their reactions.
It is simply LL that can't handle any criticism that is backed up with valid arguments and concerns in this case.

What is the use of these forums, if we even can't discuss matters that do concern Second Life?

Only  "ZOMG I have a box on my head, please help" ?

Edited by Sid Nagy
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2