Sitting outside McDonald's at 12:40am in Spawnage's bright orange car...cos she has a job and her own car now - just needs to get her license so I dont need to supervise anymore! 

Anyhoo...peeved cos it's making me want a burger, but they closed 10 mins ago!

Edited by Jordan Whitt
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, Luna Bliss said:

Pet Peeve:  I'm so damn happy omg is something horrible going to happen!!!  ;0

In my personal opinion, so long as you keep your profile picture as Shri Shri Anandamayi Ma, and keep your focus accordingly, you should fine.  Something horrible will eventually happen, yes.  That is the nature of the world we live in.  But, you can be happy regardless.

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

In my personal opinion, so long as you keep your profile picture as Shri Shri Anandamayi Ma, and keep your focus accordingly, you should fine.  Something horrible will eventually happen, yes.  That is the nature of the world we live in.  But, you can be happy regardless.

Sat Nam ♥♥♥

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Ceka Cianci said:

They must have came back later, because there is an explanation there now..

Yeah, it was added later. The thread was closed by Kiera, but it was Harley who added the "explanation." When I came back to GD after posting my comment in this thread, above, that thread suddenly showed as containing unread posts -- i.e., Harley's.

Whatever. LL.

/me shrugs

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

GROUP X is doing things that affect everyone and the platform.

We can't talk about GROUP X because that's against the forum guidelines.

When talking about the thing that the nameless group are doing, people from GROUP X join the conversation and mention GROUP X and get the discussion closed.

Imagine if RZ happened today, we would not be allowed to mention RZ by name, event though when it finally percolated up to the right senior Linden staff, the ban hammers came down and policy was rewritten.

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Coffee Pancake said:

When talking about the thing that the nameless group are doing, people from GROUP X join the conversation and mention GROUP X and get the discussion closed.

Imagine if RZ happened today, we would not be allowed to mention RZ by name, event though when it finally percolated up to the right senior Linden staff, the ban hammers came down and policy was rewritten.

Well great, now I want to talk about GROUP X!!!

See what you done did?!?

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

Yeah, it was added later. The thread was closed by Kiera, but it was Harley who added the "explanation." When I came back to GD after posting my comment in this thread, above, that thread suddenly showed as containing unread posts -- i.e., Harley's.

Whatever. LL.

/me shrugs

I just posted the one thing because I remember it was supposed to be something where we could tell the difference.

I really wanted to spend more time on the grid yesterday so I hit and ran.. hehehe

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Eddy Vortex said:

This is what happens when RL takes us away from the computer.  We miss all the fun and get denied the chance of posting IBTL memes.

You have no idea how many times I have forced myself to resist posting those in this thread. I don't wanna be the one to jinx it! 🤣

• Like 2

Peeved: I didn't get a chance to edit my post to say if anyone wanted to tinker with the Xelagots, the download links still work. The bots are free and so is an account so you might could play around with them to see what they do and maybe, just maybe, the LSL needed to develop something similar (but specific to SL) already exists.

Edited by Silent Mistwalker

5 hours ago, Coffee Pancake said:

If you remember back then, they shut the forums down for 10 days because this place was hotter than a 2 dollar pistol with customers vs RZ users..

They called it an update to the forums, but have you ever known no access to the forums for 10 days straight? They wanted the place to cool off before the whole place melted.. hehehe So many threads Sooo much heat.. hehehe

Hot Hot!  hehehe

SLU got a traffic boost back then that week..

Edited by Ceka Cianci
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, Ceka Cianci said:

If you remember back then, they shut the forums down for 10 days because this place was hotter than a 2 dollar pistol with customers vs RZ users..

They called it an update to the forums, but have you ever known no access to the forums for 10 days straight? They wanted the place to cool off before the whole place melted.. hehehe So many threads Sooo much heat.. hehehe

Hot Hot!  hehehe

SLU got a traffic boost back then that week..

Yeah, this has been their strategy before. Pretend everything is just fiiiiine, while they quietly prepare to take action. Which is exactly what happened with RedZone: there was virtually nothing but bland communications from them until BANG -- they made their move and shut it down.

In the meantime, they want to quell the flames of controversy here and elsewhere by whatever other means they have available -- such as closing threads, or closing the entire forum.

I am not at all certain that they ARE investigating this behind the scenes, of course -- but if they really thought it was benign and totally unproblematic, I'd have expected them to say "We've investigated this, and there are no issues." That's not what they've said: they've merely pointed out that the info being scraped is "public." Which is of course true -- as were the IP addresses being collected by RedZone.

• Like 3

Just now, Scylla Rhiadra said:

Yeah, this has been their strategy before. Pretend everything is just fiiiiine, while they quietly prepare to take action. Which is exactly what happened with RedZone: there was virtually nothing but bland communications from them until BANG -- they made their move and shut it down.

In the meantime, they want to quell the flames of controversy here and elsewhere by whatever other means they have available -- such as closing threads, or closing the entire forum.

I am not at all certain that they ARE investigating this behind the scenes, of course -- but if they really thought it was benign and totally unproblematic, I'd have expected them to say "We've investigated this, and there are no issues." That's not what they've said: they've merely pointed out that the info being scraped is "public." Which is of course true -- as were the IP addresses being collected by RedZone.

I just know it's feeling warm around here.. hehehe

There isn't as many users in the forums now than back then..So it may not be the forums that get closed if they feel the need to close things this time.. I'm just sayin.. 

Everyone just be careful and don't get bit..

I'm going to the beach and  jump in the water and maybe take some pictures.. hehehehe

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

I'd have expected them to say "We've investigated this, and there are no issues." That's not what they've said: they've merely pointed out that the info being scraped is "public." Which is of course true -- as were the IP addresses being collected by RedZone.

So..is this a Peeve? 

I guess it's not a surprise that "No TOS is being violated" didn't appease everyone - it seemed to Peeve people!

4 minutes ago, Ceka Cianci said:

I just know it's feeling warm around here.. hehehe

There isn't as many users in the forums now than back then..So it may not be the forums that get closed if they feel the need to close things this time.. I'm just sayin.. 

Everyone just be careful and don't get bit..

I'm going to the beach and  jump in the water and maybe take some pictures.. hehehehe

I'd join ya but the Pacific is a tad too cold for me even in the middle of August!

Peeved the Pacific isn't as warm as the Gulf. 🔥

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Silent Mistwalker said:

I'd join ya but the Pacific is a tad too cold for me even in the middle of August!

Peeved the Pacific isn't as warm as the Gulf. 🔥

Too bad the Pacific isn't warmer then the Gulf.  Be another selling point for the Lab to get new hires at their HQ in San Francisco and heading to the local beaches for lunch or something.

• Like 1