On 9/17/2022 at 5:53 PM, Scylla Rhiadra said:

What I think makes this one a bit different is the revelation that the region won't be open to everyone. 

Ok, fine. You want to create a private club? Solicit funds elsewhere. This is like advertising for a private golf club.

It already failed at that, long ago. Which I hated. Quite related to why I gave up on SL, the places I loved all shutdown, and I could not find anything to replace them in my heart. I so loved that place, they used to have a lot of (to me) cool events, was very much my vibe. Lots of interesting people, too. Now it is just a museum that probably few people even visit. I used to go there some just to reminisce, but that was long ago, too. I guess I just got too old and stuck in my ways to be in SL anymore, but it became something that no longer interested me. I am glad others are still finding a connection with it, though.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, Kimmi Zehetbauer said:

Peeve 011: When there's news stories across the internet talking about the "metaverse" and they leave out SL!

I'm kind of hoping they forget about SL and it stay's under the radar just enough, like it has been.. hehehe

That attention those others are getting, feels more like a hornets nest than anything..

• Like 4

4 hours ago, Love Zhaoying said:

Peeve: When you create a thread but forget to follow it.

I remembered this one when I was checking a new "soon-to-be-popular" thread (the Anti-of this one) and the OP didn't follow it!

I never follow the threads I create. Or any others.

Maybe that's why they all die quickly?

• Like 2

55 minutes ago, Kimmi Zehetbauer said:

Peeve 011: When there's news stories across the internet talking about the "metaverse" and they leave out SL!

This stone age concept isn't really on par with technology that is possible these days. SL is still a lovely place to hang around in, when you are oldbies like us, but to attract the masses as being the dreamed metaverse? Nah...
Maybe components and gathered experience can be used for that metaverse, if it ever will take off.

Peeve: nobody can exactly tell what that metaverse should, would, might or could be. It is still just a buzzword.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Sid Nagy said:

This stone age concept isn't really on par with technology that is possible these days. SL is still a lovely place to hang around in, when you are oldbies like us, but to attract the masses as being the dreamed metaverse? Nah...
Maybe components and gathered experience can be used for that metaverse, if it ever will take off.

Peeve: nobody can exactly tell what that metaverse should, would, might or could be. It is still just a buzzword.

Just read Snow Crash & watch "Ready Player One" (don't bother with the book). The virtual world platforms portrayed in those stories is what a metaverse is supposed to be, and we're maybe a generation away from that even being possible, imo.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Peeve, at mahself again :

Day three of my inventory restructure and over 10,000 items less that when I started on Saturday.. I think I am almost finished, Then click another folder that has folders with so many folders in them.. hehehehe

Now once I get them separated and set into each bodies clothing sub-directory folders, I should be able to start on accessories..LOL

I was separating Bellezza and each of those bodies things, plus Legacy having it's own things, Reborn it's own and so on..

Finally I just said, this will take way too long.. so I deleted the legacy and Belleza and other bodies things, but kept the boxes in their own directory so I can always get them..

Now it's just directories for the ones I switch from most.. Reborn Maitreya and Kalhene..

Just deleting all those other bodies things has made such a dent in my inventory.. plus trying everything on and getting rid of things that make me go, OH GAWD NOOO!! I'll never wear this again.. bye bye..

Plus having wine while doing this..  If my posts have been off the wall kind of goofy lately, this could be why.. hehehehe I haven't re-read too many lately so, ya.. hehehe

This one may be a bit goofy too because I'm one glass in and 3k shorter on items in mah inventory..

I can't see the top of the post /[eeve so I'm gonna stop now.. have a good night all.. I'm going back in.. hehehehe

• Like 4

42 minutes ago, Persephone Emerald said:

Just read Snow Crash & watch "Ready Player One" (don't bother with the book). The virtual world platforms portrayed in those stories is what a metaverse is supposed to be, and we're maybe a generation away from that even being possible, imo.

oh em gee. That's just so... wrong! The book is 10 x better than the movie. 

I'm feeling faint now.

• Like 1

When an event touts itself as a Halloween event, and the items in said event. Are not really in theme, it just looks like what that specific creator would put in any old event. But they would add a Halloweeny name and basically tada. You have an item that is basically basic, with no sense of creativity or even to theme. 

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, Sammy Huntsman said:

When an event touts itself as a Halloween event, and the items in said event. Are not really in theme, it just looks like what that specific creator would put in any old event. But they would add a Halloweeny name and basically tada. You have an item that is basically basic, with no sense of creativity or even to theme. 

Ya and probably recycled from prior events  too.. Now that it has a different name will mess up redelivers.. hehehe

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Seicher Rae said:

oh em gee. That's just so... wrong! The book is 10 x better than the movie. 

I'm feeling faint now.

I read the book. The author is a hack. At least the movie had Spielberg and better development of the female characters. They should've made the leads a little overweight to begin with though, because they are in the book and that's more realistic.

• Sad 1

6 hours ago, Sammy Huntsman said:

Gifts include:

Pumpkin Spice Wall Sconce  (Black)

Cinnamon Broom Table  (Oak)

Ghostly Curtains (Marigold)

• Like 1

Peeve: Trying to get the brain to mouth connection to work properly, and remember it is British not English when one is speaking of someone from the British Isles but not England. I'm from 'murrika, how am I supposed to remember this when I am not even supposed to know the difference between: England, Wales, Scotland or Northern Ireland, let alone find them on the map? I think they are near Mexico?

• Haha 3

49 minutes ago, Seicher Rae said:

Peeve: Trying to get the brain to mouth connection to work properly, and remember it is British not English when one is speaking of someone from the British Isles but not England. I'm from 'murrika, how am I supposed to remember this when I am not even supposed to know the difference between: England, Wales, Scotland or Northern Ireland, let alone find them on the map? I think they are near Mexico?

That's the EASY bit. You haven't even started dealing with the weird bits like the Channel Islands or the Isle of Man

• Like 1
  • Sad 1