Having my internet connection keep going off & on while I'm trying to respond and post. It feels like somebody out there doesn't want me to be online today.  😟

I'm gonna post some husky pictures to make me happy. Huskies are good at cheering people up.

1317538750_Husky1.jpeg.3180dd3cb76478bd3489ef1e4777b1bf.jpeg

1982721070_husky2.jpeg.7c08cb5d6a508c49070ee6ca69fa265e.jpeg

360461570_Huskylickingwindow.jpg.7d433a3ecef3831b937992941e8a283d.jpg

Edited by Persephone Emerald
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, Persephone Emerald said:

Having my internet connection keep going off & on while I'm trying to respond and post. It feels like somebody out there doesn't want me to be online today.  😟

I'm gonna post some husky pictures to make me happy. Huskies are good at cheering people up.

1317538750_Husky1.jpeg.3180dd3cb76478bd3489ef1e4777b1bf.jpeg

1982721070_husky2.jpeg.7c08cb5d6a508c49070ee6ca69fa265e.jpeg

360461570_Huskylickingwindow.jpg.7d433a3ecef3831b937992941e8a283d.jpg

Yeah, my huskers kept me busy today!

• Like 1

Pet Peeve: When you realize someone who complained about US holidays uses the world "whilst".

"Whilst" is not used in U.S. English, "while" is used.

Conclusion: A resident of the UK complains about US holidays for attention.

Edited by Love Zhaoying
  • Like 3
  • Confused 1

3 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

Pet Peeve: When you realize someone who complained about US holidays uses the world "whilst".

Or maybe someone who picked it up talking to a Brit or reading British literature.

• Like 5

7 minutes ago, Rowan Amore said:

If it's an American using whilst, I'd say pretentious and not fancy.

I was about to say just that. "Whilst" is also rarely used here in Ireland nowadays, except by our CEO, who uses it along with a fake public school British accent to sound pretentious and obnoxious sophisticated and intelligent 😆 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

40 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

I dafed people from the UK for a bit. I picked up their mannerisms and speech. I am from Canada.

• Like 2

Peeve: Foreign tourists (especially Americans) who call all bodies of water "the ocean", even if the said body of water is nowhere near the legally defined international boundaries of an actual ocean.

These bodies of water include seas, channels, beaches, straits, harbours, estuaries, lakes, rivers, streams, ponds, reservoirs and puddles - none of which are "oceans".

Edited by SarahKB7 Koskinen
  • Like 2
  • Confused 1

2 minutes ago, SarahKB7 Koskinen said:

Peeve: Foreign tourists (especially Americans) who call all bodies of water "the ocean", even if the said body of water is nowhere near the legally defined international boundaries of an actual ocean. These bodies of water include seas, channels, beaches, straits, lakes, rivers, streams, ponds, reservoirs and puddles.

That's an odd one.  Where do they do this?  I have never heard anyone refer to a pond, lake, stream, reservoir, puddle ... as an ocean.  As far as I am aware, there are only the Atlantic, Pacific, Indian, Arctic, and Southern (sometimes Antarctic) Oceans, with the Atlantic and Pacific often each divided in two (to form the North and South Atlantic and the North and South Pacific) -- sometimes also referred to as the Seven Seas.  I can't recall anyone referring to anything else as an ocean, except metaphorically, of course.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Love Zhaoying said:

They may have been someone from the U.S. that was in the middle of watching the Crown series and picked up some habits..

hehehehe

• Like 1

I've never been off the NA continent, and I occasionally use whilst and whist. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Silent Mistwalker said:

I've never been off the NA continent, and I occasionally use whilst and whist.

But can you whistle? Or whittle? 

• Like 1

Or a Brit that has moved to the US.  I know a few of those.

ETA:  I now see from later posts that this thought has already occurred to you.

Edited by LittleMe Jewell
  • Thanks 1