29 minutes ago, Kimmi Zehetbauer said:

One we encountered when going to the next town for appointments.  Stopped in this little cafe which was new and grab a quick bite.  Found out the only menus were accessible from a QR code on the table and no printed ones. When asking the waitress she said "we only use mobile devices here and Apple Pay only.  So much for that place.  Ended up at the A&W down the road.

Sound like the epitome of stupidity to me. On the cafe's part.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

Menus only available on my phone via a QR code pisses me off to no end.  I don't want to read a teeny tiny menu on my small phone screen, and enlarging it just means I have to scroll around more to reading everything.

The 'Apple Pay' only would definitely send me elsewhere.  I am not an Apple gal.

And I don't even have a smart phone - only a dumb phone. Probably one of 15 people on the planet with those....

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, Kimmi Zehetbauer said:

One we encountered when going to the next town for appointments.  Stopped in this little cafe which was new and grab a quick bite.  Found out the only menus were accessible from a QR code on the table and no printed ones. When asking the waitress she said "we only use mobile devices here and Apple Pay only.  So much for that place.  Ended up at the A&W down the road.

I feel your pain. I finally broke down and got a smart phone. I actually learned to enjoy it as FaceTime with family is so easy to use and I enjoy listening to podcasts before bed. 

1 hour ago, Kimmi Zehetbauer said:

And I don't even have a smart phone - only a dumb phone. Probably one of 15 people on the planet with those....

My husband and I finally went to the dark side so that we'd have the mapping function when we travel.  We go out randomly driving around in the places that we visit.

6 hours ago, Sam1 Bellisserian said:

People that constantly post in the "pet peeve" thread. Life must be hard on you. LOL

I use various things for amusement when I'm avoiding real work.

Besides, it is far better for me to post an irritation here than to go rant on someone in a thread.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Today's pet peeve:

Waiting for five weeks for a gas engineer to show up only to be told my boiler has a stock fault yet they have to order in a part, so I'll be waiting for longer, and we're about to go back into another cold spell of weather. 

/me gets the jumpers back out of the wardrobe.

• Sad 3

On 3/28/2022 at 1:36 PM, LittleMe Jewell said:

My husband and I finally went to the dark side so that we'd have the mapping function when we travel.  We go out randomly driving around in the places that we visit.

My son-in-law used that when navigating around California a few years ago and it was so handy, but I've yet to attempt it with my phone.

Pet Peeve:  I can be so slow adapting to new technology at times.

• Like 1

People who had been following you on their banned main that come back on an alt and follow you with that alt. It's pretty obvious when they are the only 2 accounts following you.

Well, now no one can follow me so you can stop stalking me like you have been doing for about a year now. I know who you are, and I have passed the information on to all the other people you stalk online. 

Edited by Silent Mistwalker
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Luna Bliss said:

My son-in-law used that when navigating around California a few years ago and it was so handy, but I've yet to attempt it with my phone.

About 5 years back, my husband and I flew to Florida to see my daughter and her husband, and their new house.  I had printed all of the maps ahead of time - like I always do.  However, one of the maps wasn't quite right due to some very recent changes and we missed a turn-off.  I called my daughter to tell her we were lost and would she tell me how to get to a specific road.  She cracked up laughing and said "Mom, you have a mapping ability on this thing you are talking to me on."

My husband and I figured out the mapping stuff that weekend.  It is actually a great service -- other than sometimes things being too tiny on those teeny little phone screens.

• Like 1

I used maps when going to a music shop last year which was located on the other side of the city.
I got lost driving there and pulled over to get my bearings thinking omg this is totally useless!.

I didn't have voice announcements turned on - duhhhhh. 🤪

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Silent Mistwalker said:

People who had been following you on their banned main that come back on an alt and follow you with that alt. It's pretty obvious when they are the only 2 accounts following you.

Well, now no one can follow me so you can stop stalking me like you have been doing for about a year now. I know who you are, and I have passed the information on to all the other people you stalk online. 

Can you send me the directions to make sure that same pest cannot try to follow me, please?  Also, I thought that little pest was totally banned from here, so how does she have another account?  Maybe LL should be told about this?

52 minutes ago, Gaea Oakleaf said:

Can you send me the directions to make sure that same pest cannot try to follow me, please?  Also, I thought that little pest was totally banned from here, so how does she have another account?  Maybe LL should be told about this?

Go to your profile and look for this on the left side. It's under Options.

image.png.18dfac524ad14e78127449dafb35dba7.png

LL really doesn't have a way of preventing people from creating new accounts using VPNs. That one is 3 months old. Not really anything she can do here now anyway. If she hassles you, report it. That's about all we can do.

• Like 1