16 hours ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

Well, I'm not going to hold you personally responsible for the deletion and the locks, because I suspect others ARed them as well, and the mods likely would have taken action on them eventually anyway.

Nor am I going to call you a control freak, because I agree -- you are not one.

But I am a little curious as to why you would AR threads merely, by your own telling, because you were "sick and tired" of them. You do realize that some people, probably a lot of people, actually did put work and effort and thought into their contributions? Looked up news sources or online resources, or spent a fair amount of time crafting posts? There was some nonsense, of course, but not more, I think, than I see in most longer threads.

If they were annoying you, why not just . . . not read them?

Really. I had a well crafted post that got unceremoniously zapped. There was absolutely nothing I saw in my thread that required nuking. And BTW I had not posted in months, since the first MAGAts started posting/coming out. (Until then we had lobbied for and got NO political discussion in the forum.) But my thread got pulled because it was asking LL if they intended to join other companies taking a stand. (BTW Today several huge companies stopped selling My Pillow.)

• Like 3

Just now, Amina Sopwith said:

Excellent point.

Moderated a forum once upon a time ... Adminned another.

Neither exists anymore but yeah ... I will say that altering/editing threads to mask/change problematic language is understandable but from what I've seen (and experienced first hand here) I do not know if the Mods here can actually directly edit user posts.

If so, that'd go a long way to explaining a few things ...

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Solar Legion said:

Moderated a forum once upon a time ... Adminned another.

Neither exists anymore but yeah ... I will say that altering/editing threads to mask/change problematic language is understandable but from what I've seen (and experienced first hand here) I do not know if the Mods here can actually directly edit user posts.

If so, that'd go a long way to explaining a few things ...

I've actually seen them do so. Perhaps a year ago or so, at least one, or maybe two, of my posts were modified with [redactions] added, rather than simply removed. It was done transparently -- it wasn't a sneaky "stealth" revision -- and I was actually grateful, because it meant that the post itself, or the substantive and important portions of it, remained.

It must, however, be time-consuming. It's no wonder that we don't see it happen often. And, unless it is done transparently, it's potentially problematic, of course.

10 minutes ago, Pamela Galli said:

Really. I had a well crafted post that got unceremoniously zapped. There was absolutely nothing I saw in my thread that required nuking. And BTW I had not posted in months, since the first MAGAts started posting/coming out. (Until then we had lobbied for and got NO political discussion in the forum.) But my thread got pulled because it was asking LL if they intended to join other companies taking a stand. (BTW Today several huge companies stopped selling My Pillow.)

As I said in the thread itself, I disagreed, mostly, with what you were advocating, but I agree it was well-thought out, and clearly expressed.

I am still not sure why it, in particular, was removed -- maybe, as you are implying, LL doesn't like getting its hand slapped, or is embarrassed by the issue (because, let's face it, there are many highly contentious and objectionable groups in SL, including quite openly fascistic and supremacist ones).

But I'm sorry for it, because the clarity of your OP encouraged, I thought, reasonably calm and rational responses. And, it's also just nice to see you back here again.

Edited by Scylla Rhiadra
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

I've actually seen them do so. Perhaps a year ago or so, at least one, or maybe two, of my posts were modified with [redactions] added, rather than simply removed. It was done transparently -- it wasn't a sneaky "stealth" revision -- and I was actually grateful, because it meant that the post itself, or the substantive and important portions of it, remained.

It must, however, be time-consuming. It's no wonder that we don't see it happen often. And, unless it is done transparently, it's potentially problematic, of course.

Personally I'd prefer edits being done on most as opposed to out and out removal/deletion of a post. Especially since the latter is accompanied by a message saying it was removed and no copy whatsoever of the post made/given to facilitate edits for reposting.

More than once, I've just shrugged/thrown my hands in the air in exasperation.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Solar Legion said:

I do not know if the Mods here can actually directly edit user posts.

Not just posts - I walked around with my tag 'enthusiast of eucalyptus' for I don't know how long before I noticed it had been changed ...

Anyway, today's peeve!

Not being able to have pets with my current living situation. They so cute!

2559023409_fb47e7d763_o_0.jpg

People who are edgy and put something about "no drama" in their profile because they are always the ones who have LOADS of drama. Like at this point I'm convinced it's a kink , it's so bad.

It's like they subconsciously love drama and having issues with people, all the time, and they either welcome it or fuel the fire.

... Like, I'm sorry this honestly peeves me more than it probably should. But seeing "no drama/anti drama" or anything else edgy that is insinuating that they are super no-conflict people is just a giant red flag to me now. I feel the people who have that, and are always ones starting the drama, lack the self awareness and don't realize that they are the problem.

Learn how to use the *****ing ignore button.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, nyahrou said:

People who are edgy and put something about "no drama" in their profile because they are always the ones who have LOADS of drama. Like at this point I'm convinced it's a kink , it's so bad.

It's like they subconsciously love drama and having issues with people, all the time, and they either welcome it or fuel the fire.

... Like, I'm sorry this honestly peeves me more than it probably should. But seeing "no drama/anti drama" or anything else edgy that is insinuating that they are super no-conflict people is just a giant red flag to me now. I feel the people who have that, and are always ones starting the drama, lack the self awareness and don't realize that they are the problem.

Learn how to use the *****ing ignore button.

If a person continually finds themselves in the middle of drama, regardless of who or where it is, yep, chances are they're the one causing it or at least, nudging it along.

Edited by RowanMinx
  • Like 1

I have moaned about this before, but Sainsbury's 'Ripe & Ready' avocados definitely aren't ¬¬ I have two in the fridge that say 'Best Before - 8 January' on the pack :o But they're like rocks...I check them every day, like I'm waiting for eggs to hatch xD

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

35 minutes ago, Rat Luv said:

I have moaned about this before, but Sainsbury's 'Ripe & Ready' avocados definitely aren't ¬¬ I have two in the fridge that say 'Best Before - 8 January' on the pack :o But they're like rocks...I check them every day, like I'm waiting for eggs to hatch xD

They will not ripen very fast in the fridge. I prefer to buy them a little firm and I keep them out in the kitchen for a couple days , until I get just a bit of softness on touch, then they go in the fridge.  You can also put them near bananas and they will ripen a bit quicker due to the bananas putting  out ethylene. It sounds crazy but it actually works!

Edited by Gage Wirefly
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Gage Wirefly said:

They will not ripen very fast in the fridge. I prefer to buy them a little firm and I keep them out in the kitchen for a couple days , until I get just a bit of softness on touch, then they go in the fridge.  You can also put them near bananas and they will ripen a bit quicker due to the bananas putting  out ethylene. It sounds crazy but it actually works!

Ah...that may be what I was doing wrong! :) Will give that a go, thanks for the tip!

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Rat Luv said:

You shouldn't be keeping them in the fridge if you want to eat them they'll ripen quicker if put next to a banana or two or you can put them in the oven if you want to eat them a lot sooner

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1