Shopping in SL - what can't you get enough of?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 641 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Kind of sideways related though... others have said L$, which was hilarious and true. I've noticed, since I've been trying to budget (hahahaha) that a large portion of my monthly "spend on whatever" money is going towards either tipping DJs or performers or sims (where they hold D/s talks), and that kind of thing. Since I've been paying attention, I've been surprised at how much I "tip." I always used to be in denial and convince myself that L$ isn't real money so it does not matter... sigh, 

• Like 4

Lelutka kinda has something like that with their female heads, if you own one of the newer EvoX heads look for Glitter in your inventory, unpack it -its for the eyes and lips and face , separately or all. Comes with a HUD to control the 'bling' and color too.

Edited by Modulated
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 2

My clothing allowance has shrunk on purpose...but I am always on the lookout for clothing with a 'classic style'.  SHOES!  From GOS.  I have just about every shoe in that store and the current events...except the fetish ones.  HAIR.  I use to stick to one or two creators, but I am discovering more I like.  Furniture, trees, shrubs, flowers, etc.  I just can't stop...I need an intervention!

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

It's not so much types of things I buy more frequently as it is the stores/creators themselves.  If one of my favorite stores puts out something new, I'm likely to buy it. 

Basically anything Ison puts out for sale, especially if it's out for FLF or TSS.  Harry Hyx owns my bank account in world because he puts out original mesh in a classic style that's just a tiny bit sexy without going overboard.  

I used to be terrible about buying hair, but I've made it a rule to only buy new hairs if they look nothing like something I already have.  Magika has been getting most of my hair money this year. 

Jewelry.  Kunglers is to jewelry what Ison is to clothing in my inventory.

I no longer buy a lot of furniture and plants.  Nobody comes to my house to see my decor and garden, so I don't change up very often.  I've also cut back on makeup purchases, as I've got plenty, and it all starts looking the same. 

• Like 6

Well, I guess anyone who was thinking about entering the world of making things and selling things in SL and was reading this thread would have a fair idea of what to do - make hair! We all seem to be obsessed.

Speaking of obsessions, I forgot to say the other thing I cannot stop buying in SL - lingerie. And I hardly ever wear the stuff. It's not like I am going to go wandering out in public in it, go standing around my favourite venues in my knickers. But it's really handy at least, Glitzz and Muse and Dhoma tend to have something in the weekend sales all the time for 60 or 75L so I can feed my collection that way.

• Haha 3

Hair! I think I have almost every one from certain creators. And backdrops/poses. My only real creativity is taking photos. I'm positive I have enough backdrops to start my own "Backdrop City" if I had the land for it! K&S can pretty much just take my lindens right from me.

• Like 2

On 8/14/2022 at 8:28 PM, Eddy Vortex said:

Animations; all kinds of poses, AOs, and dances, even the janky ones from Freebie Dungeon hell.

Yes! I used to have a great floating Buddha pose, hovering in mid air. Some of the best dances I had were free, I had this amazing one I got given in a punk club, which was drunken dancing and staggering around...if two avatars faced each other and activated it at the same time, it looked brilliant 😎 Also had a Riverdance one that went on for a whole minute, lol...but the one that everyone asked me for when I used it was Mosh Pit...your avatar just started pinging around the entire club, in a different place every half second 🤩 I had so many...I also loved the chicken dance...I was never going to be popular at Frank's xD

Can anyone remember the name of the huge inworld poofer/particle shop around 2010 and 2011? Because I think I bought every single thing they released 💗...I loved poofers and was always setting them off in clubs...God, I was probably so annoying, lol. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Shiloh Lyric said:

Hair! I think I have almost every one from certain creators. And backdrops/poses. My only real creativity is taking photos. I'm positive I have enough backdrops to start my own "Backdrop City" if I had the land for it! K&S can pretty much just take my lindens right from me.

I own a ton of backdrops too, I will never get around to using them all. I agree with you on K&S, such great backdrops. I also really like that there are a few backdrop makers in the weekend sales all the time.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Rat Luv said:

Yes! I used to have a great floating Buddha pose, hovering in mid air. Some of the best dances I had were free, I had this amazing one I got given in a punk club, which was drunken dancing and staggering around...if two avatars faced each other and activated it at the same time, it looked brilliant 😎 Also had a Riverdance one that went on for a whole minute, lol...but the one that everyone asked me for when I used it was Mosh Pit...your avatar just started pinging around the entire club, in a different place every half second 🤩 I had so many...I also loved the chicken dance...I was never going to be popular at Frank's xD

I think I may have that floating pose. Some dances will never go out of style regardless of technical advances. :D Someone gave me a 'ballet fail' which I used for Strawberry's dance challenge. It never gets old.

And Frank's? Pfft, that place is for squares. 😜

• Like 1

Clothing, hair, retro style deco, sci-fi deco, space stations, building, anims/poses. Also the odd background/backdrop or two for pics. Building supplies, especially textures - you can never have enough textures! And greeblies, too!

I might sometimes get a new skin if I try a demo and it really grabs me.

Sc-fi anything is pretty much a must have for me. Retro style sci-fi - Jetsons, OG Star Trek and the like - even more so.

I used to buy lots of planes, as well. Though I think I have just about every F-15 made in SL! XD A few F-4s as well. Someone make the Century series jets allready!

I also keep an eye peeled for the occasional sales some of my favourite shops do, especially those that do weekend sales. Never know what you'll find!

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 641 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.