Name a song you associate with the "dudebro" stereotype.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 792 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

16 hours ago, Gopi Passiflora said:

Thanks for the offer...I appreciate it!

I guess what I'm looking for is upbeat rock music. There are some guitar riffs that remind me of the "glamorous" lifestyle I hinted at in the original post.

Hmm I associate the dudebro thing more with hip-hop than rock, but there are some (mostly 80s American) rock bands that come to mind - Guns & Roses, Meatloaf, ZZ Top.  

5 minutes ago, Ceka Cianci said:

This is probably buried somewhere in their repertoire arr arr

Couldn't post the actual video because youtube put an age restriction on it because I think he shows butt cheecks or something.. silly youtube, regular tv shows butt cheeks.

I never saw the live version before!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Krystina Ferraris said:

I had to look up what a dudebro was. 
ok so basically your regular college age moron who thinks he’s utterly awesome. 
I can’t think of any songs for these guys, the type of music I listen to seems to not cater to that type. so I’m getting educated here 😂😂

Yeah, I'm with you. Give me the sensitive guy, not this dudebro mentality:

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Krystina Ferraris said:

I have to admit Luna my guilty pleasure is country music not the new poppish stuff though!

Certain types of country music is my guilty pleasure too, as often such music comes from the heart, without much pretense. Such pureness is refreshing.

Just now, Arielle Popstar said:

The epitome of dude-bro bands for me would be a group I detested from the first time I heard them in concert in 1974. The only saving grace of that concert was Rush fronting them.

I kinda think of Rush as a dudebro band. (Yes, yes, I know, I'm a traitor. I don't like hockey either.)

But in fairness, a reasonably smart dudebro band that didn't do "macho."

It's just that everyone I knew in high-school who liked them was a guy.

Totally agree about Kiss though.

7 minutes ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

I kinda think of Rush as a dudebro band. (Yes, yes, I know, I'm a traitor. I don't like hockey either.)

But in fairness, a reasonably smart dudebro band that didn't do "macho."

It's just that everyone I knew in high-school who liked them was a guy.

Totally agree about Kiss though.

Oh I agree that Rush especially at that time wasn't great either but Kiss was so bad they made Rush look good! Since then I've had a sort of love/hate view of Rush in general especially with Geddy Lee's voice which at times is like styrofoam rubbing on glass.

• Haha 1

25 minutes ago, Janet Voxel said:

Any dubstep Skrillex song?

Agree 1000% with you on Skrillex, but thank the skies sun moon and stars he's not the entire dubstep genre. 😂 There's some goooooood stuff out there when you head over into the Minimal/Chillstep variety (especially in the UK dubstep scene), but yes, 1000%, he is NOT it.

Where's Maddy to set his discography on fire? 🔥

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 792 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.