New Theme Hint? What are your guesses? Sakura!

Evangeline Arcadia

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 753 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

1 hour ago, Frigga Freidman said:

So far I count TEN house styles, only 2 of which are 2 storeys:

Ajisal - single storey

Haibisukasu - single storey

Himawari - 2 storey

Kinmokusei - single storey (512)

Kosumosu - single storey (512)

Kuchinashi - 2 storey

Rabenda - single storey

Sumire - single storey

Tenjikubotan - single storey (512)

Tsubaki - single storey (512)

Will correct later if there are any mistakes - dinner calls!

Frigga, 

I've gotten the names of 16!!!! I don't have specs, but here are names at least to look for.....

Benibara

Botan

Ajisai

Asagao

Haibisukasu

Himawari

Kaneshon

Kimnokusei

Kosumuso

Kuchinashi

Rabenda

Renge

Shion

Sumire

Tenjikubotan

Tsubaki

~ Some of these are more open plan designs of others.....Like Shion has more rooms around the open air courtyard, and the Sumire is the open plan version. 

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Evangeline Arcadia said:

I love the canals and some of the homes backing onto them. Really pretty. I think the open skylight house is a wonderful idea - you could make a really pretty garden in there..

LH_Asian_Theme_Shion_001.png

I'm convinced I'll be putting a huge bamboo forest planting in there, with rainfall! *squees!*

• Like 6

2 minutes ago, Rufferta said:

These are absolutely beautiful! Well done, Moles!

Totally agree!  It's really pretty! 

43 minutes ago, AuroraDammerung said:

I'm convinced I'll be putting a huge bamboo forest planting in there, with rainfall! *squees!*

That sounds pretty!!! 

• Like 2

Lag reduction.

I believe each demo region has 26 homes, which is pretty high density.  However, it doesn't feel that dense to me.  I think the variation in heights between parcels as well as the size and variety of the waterways and mountainous areas, make it seem more spacious.

The primary cause of client-side lag is textures - in 26 parcels, you can end up with a huge number of 1024 textures in view.  So I hope LL will provide many of the low-LI  landscaping items they used in Sakura in the Content Creation pack, so that we're not adding new textures with every piece of greenery.  I'd love to see any or all of the following, which I think residents would use, thereby cutting down on lag:

• Bamboo trees - 1LI/tall stalk
  • Japanese maple bushes - 1 LI
  • Red-flowering camellia bushes - 2 LI
  • Azalea bush - 3 LI
  • Rhododendron bush (purple, pink or buttercup) - 3LI
  • White or Pink flowering CB Trees 1-3, vary in LI but rather low for their size
  • Ferns and/or grasses

I am delighted to see a torii gate that says it is part of a "fence kit".  Fingers crossed!  I think people would use the stone lanterns.  The Tsukubai fountains are SO beautifully done that even at 6LI, I think they would see some use.

I am curious about something, @Abnor Mole.  Sakura decor uses plants that look like ones given to us in other themes' Content kits, like hostas, roses, lilies, hydrangeas and ivy.  Do the Sakura versions use the same textures used in say, the log or Vic regions, so that if we just use those we're not adding textures to the region?

Edited by Nika Talaj
  • Like 7

Oh, these are lovely. I would still like to have seen seasonal changes, but I get that the script load was probably prohibitive and the Australians might have been unhappy.  Most of my Japanese decor is old and primmy so I imagine I'll be looking at a 512 on a 1024 lot when the time comes. Or, you know, I'll raid MP for gacha stuff. That works too.

• Like 1

Time to place a bet on what Sakura's Community Centre might look like. Some ideas....

1. A giant Japanese Pagoda?

2. A hollow/extinct volcano crater?

3. A Cat Island, filled with trillions of feral cats/moles? (!)

4. A giant Onsen (hot springs)?

5. Something to do with Torii (large red traditional gates) ?

6. Godzilla vs Mothra fight arena...(!)

7. A Japanese fort/castle/shrine?

8. Mount Fuji?

9. Aokigahara, a very creepy forest where suicidal Japanese people go (!)

10. Something to do with the famous Tokyo television tower, or Sky Tree observation tower?

Or something else?! 😜

Edited by SarahKB7 Koskinen
  • Like 3

• Moles

We purposefully didn't make anything like shrines with torii, pagodas, buddhas or temples... because using such items with important spiritual or religious significance improperly or as decoration without proper reverence would be disrespectful and insensitive. 

• Like 16
  • Thanks 8

3 minutes ago, Abnor Mole said:

We purposefully didn't make anything like shrines with torii, pagodas, buddhas or temples... because using such items with important spiritual or religious significance improperly or as decoration without proper reverence would be disrespectful and insensitive. 

Thanks. More chance for a cat café then.  😺

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 753 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.