I'm Being Watched!

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 921 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

11 minutes ago, Ceka Cianci said:

Wait, you mean warnings aren't points?

OMG it's even worse than I thought it was.. I have Zero of those too!😭

Aww poor you!

My first warning wasn't actually a warning at all. Dakota had to delete one of my post because it included a quote from a rather nasty post by somebody else. Back then (I don't think it's the case anymore) a deleted post was automatically registered as a warning.

The second one was very deliberate on my part though. Without going into details, LL had totally messed up a certain function vital for us mesh makers and didn't even bother to respond for months, let alone try to fix it. I have no regrets whatsoever and will be happy to do it again if a similar situation occurs in the future. ^_^

Edited by ChinRey
  • Like 2

50 minutes ago, Ceka Cianci said:

I just looked on my profile and it say's 0  warning points  on it.. All these years and not a one?

Ever get the feeling that you are invisible?:(

33 minutes ago, Orwar said:

I also have 0 .. That has got to be weird, right? 

29 minutes ago, Ceka Cianci said:

I would have thought I would have at least picked up a couple in mah old really long post days.. But then again,making them really long posts might have been what saved from getting any points..

I'm not reading all that!! \o/

hehehehe

27 minutes ago, Rowan Amore said:

I have 2 warnings (well deserved) but no points...yet...day's not over.

11 minutes ago, ChinRey said:

Same here and I have no idea what you have to do to earn those points.

God knows I've tried. I do have two warnings and for the second one I laid it on so heavy they ended up deleting the entire thread, not just my post (I still stand by every word I wrote there btw but that's another story). Even that wasn't enough to win me a point.

They go away after a while. I believe if you acrue too many too fast, then there's issues. 

My expanded list goes for quite a while. 

Screenshot_20220320-160049.png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Paul Hexem said:

They go away after a while. I believe if you acrue too many too fast, then there's issues.

What? We aren't even allowed to keep them??? 😮

I do know that not all warnings are awarded points though, the first one I had didn't.

27 minutes ago, Sid Nagy said:

Moderating a forum is a necessity, how strict is always questionable, but one has to accept the rules as they are.

You're right of course. And sometimes we have to accept that we can't say what needs to be said because allowing it would cause a bad precedence.

32 minutes ago, Sid Nagy said:

But I don't think that software moderation is added value. At least not as long software isn't capable to understand what the forum members write.

Well, I remember once I accidentally left out the "o" in the word "count" in a perfectly innocent post. That time I sure was glad the forums has some auto moderation in place.

• Haha 1

39 minutes ago, Ceka Cianci said:

Wait, you mean warnings aren't points?

Warnings can be zero points or come with a point.  Usually, if you get a point with the warning, then you will also be temporarily suspended from posting - for at least a day, sometimes longer.  And some of those forum suspensions can also have an inworld suspension to go with it.

image.png.459e10ca3e4de994beed2956383bc4db.png

Edited by LittleMe Jewell
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2

13 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

Warnings can be zero points or come with a point.  Usually, if you get a point with the warning, then you will also be temporarily suspended from posting - for at least a day, sometimes longer.  And some of those forum suspensions can also have an inworld suspension to go with it.

image.png.459e10ca3e4de994beed2956383bc4db.png

OMG Lil . . . YOU have points???

😶

• Haha 1

I used to have some warnings that have since gone away.  There was the thread about why can't we show pictures of female nipples, but we can of male nipples. Then I posted one of a model who was intersex or trans and one of a breast cancer survivor who had no nipples but a lovely floral tattoo.  As I've said, I have a penchant for pushing the line of what's allowed sometimes. 😉 

652622534_NippleCupcakes.jpg.aa214f81607fa61a6dcdb3fd09827691.jpg

Edited by Persephone Emerald
  • Like 2

Everybody has bad hair days every now and then.
I think it is important when moderating to keep in mind what overall spirit a participant has. At least that would be what I would be doing if I were moderating a forum.
Automated point counting can help in a really large forum, like this one in the past.
But nowadays with the more limited numbers of active forum members?

Edited by Sid Nagy
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Ceka Cianci said:

I just looked on my profile and it say's 0  warning points  on it.. All these years and not a one?

Ever get the feeling that you are invisible?:(

Just AR'd you, so you should get one very soon ;)

(I'm joking, don't AR me back!)

• Haha 6

4 hours ago, Madelaine McMasters said:

I've zero points and two warnings, both for inappropriate language I was able to sneak past the naughty word detector.

And you call yourself "nefarious." 

Hmmmph.

3 hours ago, Coffee Pancake said:

Also zero for two, mainly for letting a certain person get under my skin.

Amateur.

I have 0 points but THREE warnings.

And two suspensions, so I probably did have points at some time? Not sure how that works and I didn't pay attention.

Sooooooo . . . I'm badder than both of you. 😝

But Lil?

She's the Queen of the Badass.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

14 hours ago, ChinRey said:

Nice try Sid but no, that's not enough to earn a warning point.

But I do collect the discount points on the coffee packs I use in RL, does that count?
:D

And for the rest, I couldn't care less if I got suspensions or warning points.
I know from myself that I generally pretty much behave on forums.
But I ain't gonna walk on eggshells to please the LL minions.  If one runs a forum site, one has to accept that not only fanclub members will post and that even fanclub members sometimes want to vent their annoyances about things. It should stay civil though.

And if I really want to rant about something I use Cristiano's VVO forums. There is a very modest moderation 🎉 and that still feels as my home base.

Edited by Sid Nagy
  • Like 1

On 3/20/2022 at 1:07 PM, Quartz Mole said:

No, the automatic flagging system objected to something in your post, though heaven alone knows what.   It does that sometimes for reasons no one understands.   Anyway, I've unhidden it.

Proof! PROOF, I tell you! I AM being watched!!!!!!!!!

tinfoil-hat-against-mass-media-picture-id491517365?k=6%26m=491517365%26s=612x612%26w=0%26h=-f-ZhHyVhxS93zj_3La3CUmG-0glJoGyQH9l_KsCdVM=&f=1&nofb=1

On 3/20/2022 at 9:04 PM, Paul Hexem said:

My expanded list goes for quite a while. 

Screenshot_20220320-160049.png

I'm worse than you.

sl-forums-my-warning-point.png

Edited by CaithLynnSayes
then/than typo. (i can never get those right.)

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 921 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.