Newbrooke's have been released!

Evangeline Arcadia
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 789 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

You cannot use all your 1024 prims if you rez a 512 home on a 1024 lot. Rez a 512 and then look in parcel details. You will be limited to the 512's prim allocation even though you purchased the 1024 version of home and selected the 512 home. Select a 1024 home on your 1024 lot, and all that goes away! At least that's what happened with me.

• Confused 3
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, Eirynne Sieyes said:

You cannot use all your 1024 prims if you rez a 512 home on a 1024 lot. Rez a 512 and then look in parcel details. You will be limited to the 512's prim allocation even though you purchased the 1024 version of home and selected the 512 home. Select a 1024 home on your 1024 lot, and all that goes away! At least that's what happened with me.

I selected a 512 house on a 1024 lot and got every 351 Li.

Something technical wrong happened on that region when you tried - I can not say why else you saw that.

I am not the only one who's done it, and we keep 351 Li to decorate with.

• Like 6

• Moles

The prim allowance of a parcel as nothing to do with the house.  It is inextricably tied to the sqm of the parcel and won't change like that. I think it was just a glitch in the viewer. And yes, houses do not count on against your parcel LI either way.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 6

5 hours ago, Eirynne Sieyes said:

My 512 Gatewood on a 1024 lot (and I also measured the top roofie/screeny thing to be sure the whole house was less than 15 meters tall):

1522678521_Gatewood5.thumb.JPG.c3525d39f78a58362c9941cc7dd463a7.JPG

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Abnor Mole said:

The prim allowance of a parcel as nothing to do with the house.  It is inextricably tied to the sqm of the parcel and won't change like that. I think it was just a glitch in the viewer. And yes, houses do not count on against your parcel LI either way.

Being wrong never felt so good! ☺️

• Like 2
  • Haha 7

7 hours ago, Eirynne Sieyes said:

I would love the smaller 512 homes on the 1024 lots even more if they permitted use of the full 1024 Li allowance. We all know that won't happen since a 512 on a 1024 lot frees up a lot of prims that I'm sure have been calculated/approximated for use elsewhere.   But who woudn't love the cute little home loaded with the 1024's full space and full prim allowance?     *happy dance time!*

On the 1024, you get 8 house models, both the 1024 and the 512 houses. So you can use a big house or one of the smaller ones if you prefer more garden. If you use a 512 house on 1024 land, you get the 351 prims allowed. You only get 175 prims if it's a 512 land.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

21 hours ago, Bela Tolsen said:

Im using the Faraday and doing an eco roof with a balcony... lets see!

The Gatewood was ma first choice but sadly, no back door...

I also think the doors should come with the house pack, so we could choose using them or not.

You can build a garden roof or a terrace on the roof. Roofs have to remain flat though to stay on theme. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Leora Greenwood said:

My 512 Gatewood on a 1024 lot (and I also measured the top roofie/screeny thing to be sure the whole house was less than 15 meters tall):

1522678521_Gatewood5.thumb.JPG.c3525d39f78a58362c9941cc7dd463a7.JPG

1 minute ago, Dreamer Pixelmaid said:

You can build a garden roof or a terrace on the roof. Roofs have to remain flat though to stay on theme. 

So the top photo is on theme but the roof that was returned is not? I feel like I'm in the twilight zone. I can't imagine that LL wants something like the photo above all over Newbrooke and isn't allowing a very tastefully done roof to be an add-on.  I feel like some people will be pushing the envelope just to see how much they can get away with just out of spite.  

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Sam1 Bellisserian said:

So the top photo is on theme but the roof that was returned is not? I feel like I'm in the twilight zone. I can't imagine that LL wants something like the photo above all over Newbrooke and isn't allowing a very tastefully done roof to be an add-on.  I feel like some people will be pushing the envelope just to see how much they can get away with just out of spite.  

I am trying things that I think should be still within the rules and regs but consciously testing the "letter of the law" a bit, knowing that I may find things returned.  Fingers crossed...

• Like 2

22 hours ago, Elena Core said:

Going back to topic: is anyone using a 512 house in a 1024 parcel?

I'd love to see how that turns out. I'm trying not to get more homes but that combination is very tempting

I do. I have a Faraday, and a pool in the back garden.  Still a "work in progress" though.

K22_029.jpg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Sam1 Bellisserian said:

Flat roofs = on theme. I haven't said anything about that picture. Something can be on theme and not be to your taste. 

Moles and Lindens are busy and don't see all the add-ons people use. Usually the things that get returned are returned because they were ARed by other residents. 

• Like 2

On 3/5/2022 at 9:24 AM, Abnor Mole said:

That looks like a major change to the design of the house itself, so no.

On 3/5/2022 at 9:48 AM, Abnor Mole said:

We're already working on better ways to increase covenant awareness and stepping up proactive (rather than reactive) enforcement. As time allows, some of us with the ability to do so have been canvasing regions and returning things such as improperly set security orbs, building platforms/skyboxes below 2000 meters in the sky, breedable farms, commercial signage, etc. We do this with an educational goal, directing the resident to the covenant with the assumption (unless proven otherwise) that they simply don't know better, and that is what we want to change.

Are other themes going to be policed in the same way, or just Newbrooke? Because I've seen plenty of add-ons elsewhere that would surely not be allowed if the same criteria were used as is being used in Newbrooke. For example, Houseboats with a traditional-style house shell over them.  Is Riverbridge Cafe allowed, for example? And if so, why is something MORE in-theme and MORE subtle than Riverbridge not allowed in Newbrooke?  Does Newbrooke need a different covenant from the rest of Bellisseria?

I'm starting to wonder if I'd be better off returning to the Logs...

• Like 5

17 minutes ago, Sam1 Bellisserian said:

The way that the rules are policed is inconsistent. 

• Like 5

On 3/4/2022 at 5:35 PM, Sam1 Bellisserian said:

Yes, and it sucks.

I mostly use copy items so I just remove the no copy ones and abandon the land. If I'm moving to a new house of the same theme, I rez the bundle on edit and place in the right position for insta decorating. If not, just delete from the lost and found folder 😉

Edited by Dreamer Pixelmaid

I see lots of people talking about add-ons not on theme that they have seen in other themes that did not get returned. Moles and Lindens can't be everywhere. Bellisseria is huge. They do come across a few of the things not on theme or against covenant, and they return them, but most of the things that get returned is because some resident ARs them. If you saw something not on theme that you thought it shouldn't be there and you didn't AR it, you cannot complain later that it didn't get returned. Just saying...

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Dreamer Pixelmaid said:

I see lots of people talking about add-ons not on theme that they have seen in other themes that did not get returned. Moles and Lindens can't be everywhere. Bellisseria is huge. They do come across a few of the things not on theme or against covenant, and they return them, but most of the things that get returned is because some resident ARs them. If you saw something not on theme that you thought it shouldn't be there and you didn't AR it, you cannot complain later that it didn't get returned. Just saying...

It's not that I don't think Riverbridge should be there or should be AR'd. I think it's great. I just think that similar in-theme add-ons SHOULD be allowed in Newbrooke.

I mean, they said a rooftop deck is ok, but you can't have a different texture on it so... a rooftop deck on black tarmac? No wooden decking, no grass? A modern rooftop wine-bar in Newbrooke would be lovely, but not if the deck floor has to be plain black tarmac. Yuk.

Edited by Karl Herber
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Karl Herber said:

It's not that I don't think Riverbridge should be there or should be AR'd. I think it's great. I just think that similar in-theme add-ons SHOULD be allowed in Newbrooke.

I mean, they said a rooftop deck is ok, but you can't have a different texture on it so... a rooftop deck on black tarmac? No wooden decking, no grass? A modern rooftop wine-bar in Newbrooke would be lovely, but not if the deck floor has to be plain black tarmac. Yuk.

You can create beautiful garden roofs with planters, add a deck to a small area of the roof, etc. just not cover the whole thing. There's plenty of room to wiggle within the covenant. 

And I repeat, most of the things returned have been ARed by other residents. 

On 3/4/2022 at 5:38 PM, SarahKB7 Koskinen said:

@Coby Foden@Maitimo Small land locked lakes are why flying boats and seaplanes are a good investment. They're made and sold in all kinds of different shapes and sizes. Hovercraft and amphibious cars are also a good alternative.

Or you can drive your car under water or drive your boat on land... I mean, this is Second Life 😉 I used to ride my dolphins from the sand on my backyard to the water and go visit a friend on her houseboat or to the party boat, travel from my house to the lighthouse on a golf cart: on sand, under water, on rocks... 🤣 So many possibilities 😉

On 3/6/2022 at 7:15 PM, Adrianna McArdle said:

They're already doing this for the BBB and their 937 prim premium location house, so really why is it NOT available to others?

Oh right, favoritism.

The Lindens have said in different occassions (in interviews, etc.) that they would listen to any group of residents that came up with a doable well thought plan and a structure that could serve the community.

The BBB is run by volunteers and they were running a smaller operation that could be scalated before they approached the Lindens. That building and those prims is really public land. I don't see favoritism in there. Anybody who wants to put the same time and work they did can get help from the Lindens. 

The reason why there are no more people doing these kinds of things is because most get burnout. People are always suspicious and quick to complain. Complaining is easier than putting in the hours and work necessary to create something for the community. 

I am not in the BBB group, I don't have a passport nor I will get one, not my thing, but I think it's a pity that many people who try to do things for the community stop doing them or decide not to do them because after all the hours, the work, the money spent... it usually ends up in drama and accusations from people who just complain without bothering to put in the effort to do something "better" themselves. If you don't like what somebody is doing, do better. 

• Like 10

8 minutes ago, Dreamer Pixelmaid said:

The Lindens have said in different occassions (in interviews, etc.) that they would listen to any group of residents that came up with a doable well thought plan and a structure that could serve the community.

The BBB is run by volunteers and they were running a smaller operation that could be scalated before they approached the Lindens. That building and those prims is really public land. I don't see favoritism in there. Anybody who wants to put the same time and work they did can get help from the Lindens. 

The reason why there are no more people doing these kinds of things is because most get burnout. People are always suspicious and quick to complain. Complaining is easier than putting in the hours and work necessary to create something for the community. 

I am not in the BBB group, I don't have a passport nor I will get one, not my thing, but I think it's a pity that many people who try to do things for the community stop doing them or decide not to do them because after all the hours, the work, the money spent... it usually ends up in drama and accusations from people who just complain without bothering to put in the effort to do something "better" themselves. If you don't like what somebody is doing, do better. 

Did someone make you a spokesperson for the Moles & Lindens as you seem to think you have an answer for everything.

People are allowed to have differing opinions and not be happy about something without being scolded for it. 

If they want to play bureaucrats that's their choice, but they get rewarded for it... what about the residents who have numerous Linden homes because decorating and landscaping makes them happy, their contributing to the SL economy and yet their not getting anything back.  

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

9 minutes ago, Dreamer Pixelmaid said:

Nah... it's total favoritism.  There was a Bellisseria Citizens group doing all sort of great things for the community long before a BBB.  If any argument can be made someone should have a 937 LI HQ on a private bellisseria homestead region it is Citizens.  With that said, i don't think any of these groups should be given special houses.  We hear so much about Bellisseria "community" and yes there is a community but by and large most Bellisserians stick to their own home or go about their business in other areas of SL.  So I think even the very best of these groups really are only serving a handful of people in comparison to who is out there.  Go door to door ask people if they even know what BBB is or Bellisseria Citizens or Riverbridge or any other user made group.  I think you would find the sound of crickets striking.

And the very fact that a resident in Bellisseria had her very tastefully done and arguably In-theme roof returned to her just a few days ago.... yet another group is given this grand home with nearly triple the LI that anyone else would get is absolutely scandalous to people who struggle just to find a half way decent spot in Bellisseria to begin with.

So yeah... my hot take on this matches up exactly with Adrianne's...  This is favoritism...

And even if it was not... IT was a very POORLY executed decision to not be transparent about this at all.  To hide it under a rug like nobody was ever going to notice this ONE group gets something nobody else has.  It should have been announced by LL... They should have said WHY it was given... and if what you say is true they should have said HOW you can get one of these too (if indeed that is true).  With that said i dont think they should be giving these to anyone.

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Fleur Aurelia said:

Did someone make you a spokesperson for the Moles & Lindens as you seem to think you have an answer for everything.

People are allowed to have differing opinions and not be happy about something without being scolded for it. 

If they want to play bureaucrats that's their choice, but they get rewarded for it... what about the residents who have numerous Linden homes because decorating and landscaping makes them happy, their contributing to the SL economy and yet their not getting anything back.  

I was just expressing my opinion, as you said, people are allowed to express their opinions. 

Not getting anything back? All premiums get the same perks.

• Like 3

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 789 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.