I only play second life.

Tama Suki

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 849 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

11 hours ago, Tama Suki said:

Thank you Coffee Pancake You are always very precious. But i was speaking about virtual worlds.

At this point in time, Second Life is effectively the only active virtual world in existence. Everything else is virtually empty, if it hasn't shut down already.

Metaverse (if/when it is finally released) will probably work on low-powered machines, if it's aimed at the general Facebook population. It will probably even work on a cheap mobile phone. 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Maitimo said:

At this point in time, Second Life is effectively the only active virtual world in existence. Everything else is virtually empty, if it hasn't shut down already.

Metaverse (if/when it is finally released) will probably work on low-powered machines, if it's aimed at the general Facebook population. It will probably even work on a cheap mobile phone. 

I generally think that FB is the worst social network when it comes to performance.
It's a redundant bunch of useless things that only serve to spam the user with useless advertisements by slowing him down.
The user interface is simply a nightmare.
I'm not entirely convinced that Zuck's metaverse will be better in terms of performance also because it claims to be connected to a lot of other things.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Maitimo said:

VR Chat is extremely active.

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, Maitimo said:

Given their acquisition of Oculus and the unveiling of their first AR product along with their recent mass hiring of anyone in the XR industry it may be that their main focus will initially be on providing a VR/AR type experience.  If that's the case then, while they would most likely make it accessible to users on as many platforms as possible, a lot of the features and content would probably be designed with VR users in mind.

6 hours ago, BjorJlen said:

Here is my short list of games I play, though some of course are not online ones per say either, so yeah...

Blade & Soul

i never imagined i would read this name here!

such an amazing game with good story, music and mechanics, but it needs a lot of optimizations and now it's sadly dying slowly  because of lazy and greedy developers.

i quit the game 2 years ago; my whole clan did, and many other players.

I really never think of Second Life as playing a game. I've been away from Second Life until quite recently, but SL is the only virtual world I am in. I do play World of Warcraft though and have consistently for almost 13 years. I also enjoy the Sims 3 and 4 when I get the chance.

Besides that I'm involved in a large sewing and knitting online community, read, blog and fix up cabbage patch dolls that are second hand during my spare time. That's about it.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Mr Amore said:

Runescape is still going strong and you could run it on a calculator.

I played Ark for 10 minutes before rage-quitting and that sums up most of my gaming now. Star Citizen is the only one I keep installed since it's becoming everything I've wanted from a space game.

I only learned about Star Citizen recently so I looked at some reviews on youtube. It seems like a magnificent game, however, given that there are also a lot of criticisms about bugs and above all a great controversy.
Some even say that it is a giant scam and that it will never truly be released as promised. But I don't really know what the truth about Star citizen is.

Games and then to be more precise the Sherlock Holmes series from Frogwares and horror. Horror as in old fashion Dracula movies and horror games (I recommand VISAGE, if you can stand the rather brutal beginning). Important for me is that it is made with love and care. A colleague in RL has written a thesis about the historical background of games and the role of the anti hero. From her I know how much historical investigation makers of games do to make them as acurate as possible. As a writer I am also interested in the story line of games. In the future I would love to write a scenario for games.

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, archangel969 said:

In the future I would love to write a scenario for games.

Please do good sir, as I feel it would be a amazing great read for many of us... :D

And @SarahThe Wanderer, I totally agree with you. The story in Blade & Soul was what first gravitated me towards the game when I first saw it on YouTube. And if you quit 2 years ago, you should see just how bare it is now; so sad for a game with some great potential.

Peace & Merry Christmas...

• Like 2

Actually, way back in the day I also used to play The Sims Online believe it or not. The only question is, would anyone consider it a virtual world in any way or not? While it does meet some of the criteria for a "Virtual World", it doesn't meet all of them, so I still wonder if it did or not...

Peace & Merry Christmas...

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Tama Suki said:

I only learned about Star Citizen recently so I looked at some reviews on youtube. It seems like a magnificent game, however, given that there are also a lot of criticisms about bugs and above all a great controversy.
Some even say that it is a giant scam and that it will never truly be released as promised. But I don't really know what the truth about Star citizen is.

This was fun: 'Proof Star Citizen is a Scam'.

In my personal case, I've clocked more hours in Star Citizen's alpha than any other game through the 2010s (This isn't saying much as I'm not a big gamer). It's an incredibly immersive experience to fly from stations to planets to cities without any loading screens in between. Even if the servers closed tomorrow I've arguably played my money's worth.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Tama Suki said:

As usual, I expressed myself badly.
Then it happens that I think I am misunderstood (and I often don't quite understand some answers) and I get stuck on my point of view which I think has not been understood.
Yes, of course I also think that SL is not just a game.
Second Life is a metaverse with all its potential.
I just wanted to ask what other metaverse people are using, but I put my post down in a rather clumsy way.

I see.  I'd misunderstood.     In that case, I don't use any other virtual worlds or metaverses.    I've taken a look at a few, but none of them have interested me enough to make me think my time is better spent there than in SL, which has the size, userbase, wealth of content and longevity that all the others lack.

I don't have anything like enough time to do all the things in SL that I'd like to, so I'm not going to eat into that by spending much time in other virtual worlds too.

Assuming Meta's business model is anything like that of Facebook, I want nothing to do with it, since Facebook's business model depends on monetizing user data as much as it can, and selling that to advertisers, which seems rather a gross intrusion on the level of privacy and anonymity we've come to expect in SL, a virtual space which many people use to explore aspects of their personality and sexuality in ways they can't do in First Life.    

If people didn't like RedZone, they're going to hate Meta, to my mind.  

• Like 4

9 hours ago, Stephanie Misfit said:

I play Elder Scrolls Online and Star Wars the Old Republic. I also play a lot of single player RPGs. Sometimes I play WoW. I have no interest in any other sort of virtual world.

Fellow SWTOR here too, used to play Neverwinter but on hiatus with that for moment! :) 

• Like 1

I have a lot of games to play, oculus, switch and a pc with games...

Here's my list:

Switch: Diablo 3, Legend of Zelda;BotW, Pokemon Shield, Assassins Creed;Rebel Collection, Mario Kart 8.

Oculus: Beatsaber, FnaF;Help Wanted, Layers of Fear, Township Tale, Dance Central.

PC: Layers of Fear, Psychonauts, Batman Arkham Series, Doki Doki Literature Club, FnaF, FnaF; Security Breach, Steamworld Heist, Steamworld Dig, Pokemon Tcg.

I think that's it... When I'm not on SL, I'm doing some kind of gaming, I also do Ttrpg.

Oh, Acronyms.

FnaF: Five nights at Freddy's.

BotW: Breath of the Wild.

• Like 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 849 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.