I only play second life.

Tama Suki

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 827 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

32 minutes ago, Sid Nagy said:

I stood to often on my land or building platform thinking: 'And now what?'  A strong signal to pull the plug. So I packed my bags, closed the marketplace shop, abandoned land, downgraded my membership, informed my inworld friends.

I took breaks before, but it somehow feels different this time. Time will tell.

Sometimes it seems to me too that SL suddenly becomes a flat world.

Not to detract from our fave world SL ❤️ .....and I have mixed up the names of these a little 
because I'm not sure what the posting rules are in regard to this....

Did you know that if you play a game where Kings Crusade (its up to number 3 now) you can
save your campaign, then transfer it to Universalis Europa, play it for a while
then transfer it to "II Victoria" (#3 coming out soon), play it for a good bit,
then transfer it to "Iron Hearts 4" and then even to that companies "Space Game".

So you can play over 1000 years of human history through 5 individual games? 😏
I just found that out and I don't know how to actually DO that.
Be sure to research any of this before you spend any money if you're interested. 

Edited by Maryanne Solo
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

34 minutes ago, Tama Suki said:

Tahnks @Maryanne Solo

I'm actually very interested to know what kind of accent is the one of the guy speaking in the video.

Sometime it become hilariously incomprensibile 😂

He's from the UK.. Buncha mushmouthed people. Not at all like Americans. We all speak eloquently and clearly. Especially those in the deep south that the news crews always seem to find after a hurricane or tornado hits. 

• Haha 7

1 minute ago, Drake1 Nightfire said:

He's from the UK.. Buncha mushmouthed people. Not at all like Americans. We all speak eloquently and clearly. Especially those in the deep south that the news crews always seem to find after a hurricane or tornado hits. 

I don't know which part of England he is from for sure he's not a Londoner.
I love the US accent, please excuse me but I don't know much and therefore I don't understand the difference between the various regions, but in general the American English accent has its own peculiar musicality that completely envelops me and in many respects I prefer it to the English one. The English one is sometimes cloying, the American one, on the other hand, is always tremendously captivating.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Drake1 Nightfire said:

You mean like this? 😉

(The weird thing is from what I understand, English English IS a legit thing, and both of them really knew how to speak it lol)

Peace...

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Drake1 Nightfire said:

:P Good job ya me friend, otherwise be like what the?! :D Depends on where in UK, some accents are quite thick! :P 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 1/2/2022 at 5:30 AM, Drake1 Nightfire said:

I lost mine somewhere between the rez, way down in Dixie and the northwest.

• Like 1

On 1/2/2022 at 7:50 AM, Maryanne Solo said:

Not to detract from our fave world SL ❤️ .....and I have mixed up the names of these a little 
because I'm not sure what the posting rules are in regard to this....

Did you know that if you play a game where Kings Crusade (its up to number 3 now) you can
save your campaign, then transfer it to Universalis Europa, play it for a while
then transfer it to "II Victoria" (#3 coming out soon), play it for a good bit,
then transfer it to "Iron Hearts 4" and then even to that companies "Space Game".

So you can play over 1000 years of human history through 5 individual games? 😏
I just found that out and I don't know how to actually DO that.
Be sure to research any of this before you spend any money if you're interested. 

The Sims used to do something like that, where you could import your sims to live in your Sim City, and you could use your Sim City savegame as a map to play Sim Copter (I think thats what it was called), and you would get missions based on what problems your Sim City city had.  No idea if it integrated with other games, I only had those 3 at the time.

• Like 1

No thanks, I have a pretty fulfilling sex life in RL so I prefer to leave that space to those who need it.
Also I don't think my computer can support such a thing nicely, I think I'd find myself having sex with ugly meshes with gray textures and out-of-sync animations.

Edited by Tama Suki
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, StarlanderGoods said:

The Sims used to do something like that, where you could import your sims to live in your Sim City, and you could use your Sim City savegame as a map to play Sim Copter (I think thats what it was called), and you would get missions based on what problems your Sim City city had.  No idea if it integrated with other games, I only had those 3 at the time.

You could use Sim City maps to create your own Sims "worlds" for Sims 2. I used to create alien worlds for my simmies to live in.

That is the one feature Sims 4 does lack that I do miss along with being able to add my own material swatches like in Sims 3.

• Like 1

On 1/2/2022 at 4:54 PM, Krystina Ferraris said:

Ah now for proper accents ye all need to come to Ireland!

The farmer guy.. that’s what I have to deal with on a daily basis 🤨⁉️ 

I'll be honest, Krystina, he could read me the phonebook and I'd follow him home.

41 minutes ago, BranScanlon said:

I'll be honest, Krystina, he could read me the phonebook and I'd follow him home.

lol When I was young(er) I would sometime ask, "If I followed you home, would you keep me?"

It mostly got the laughs, but a few said yes! 😲

One said he didn't think my mother would approve. LOL Turns out he was someone I knew but didn't recognize with the long hair and foot long beard. Whew! That was close!

• Haha 3

On 1/6/2022 at 4:29 AM, Tama Suki said:

Sometimes I go back to playing with this priceless jewel.

Schermata 2022-01-06 alle 10.27.58.png

I play Descent with the OpenGL 3d acceleration mod. Yeah, it's great. As far as I know, first video game ever with six degrees of freedom movement! I was dizzy for a bit until I figured that out. Not a great keyboard + mouse game, I had to buy a joystick for it. These days I use a Prismatic XBOX pad to play it, much easier than the joystick. I also own D2 and D3.

• Like 1

(Oh crap... realized I made a similar response earlier! Anyway, WALDEN The Game is worth a look. :D)

Me? I've got plenty of games in Steam, GoG (Good Old Games) and itch.io. I love itch... some great little indie gems on that site. 

I play a wide variety of stuff... but I can't get away completely from world sim games. Here's a really nice one based on a part of author Henry David Thoreau's life. It runs in first person view so if you have experience with FPS games, you'll pick it up quickly. If you're primarily a Linux user as I am, the Windows version works really well with the Wine API.

https://gameinnovationlab.itch.io/walden

Edited by JeromFranzic
OH CRAP I REPEATED MYSELF! I'LL SHOW MYSELF OUT NOW! :P
  • Like 1

I don't play SL anymore, though I still keep up with the forums and SL YouTubers to see what's going on. My computer is within the minimum specs for SL but it performs poorly. I didn't want to deal with the lag and overheating anymore.

I've logged over 400 hours in Animal Crossing since its release and have also logged over 50 hours in a number of other games. All of it on the Nintendo Switch.

It was a costly purchase up front, but more I play and the longer I have the console, the more the it becomes worth it. I pay once and can play the game for as long as my system holds up and my interest is there. SL on the other hand, is a continuous investment if I want to continue maintaining a certain 'standard' of play - for land, maybe a membership, updates to my avatar/home, etc. 

Edited by simplemint

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 827 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.