I only play second life.

Tama Suki

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 835 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

11 minutes ago, CaithLynnSayes said:

hmmm. I find that just a tad amusing that you would seem to suggest that "only" SL works on your machine. SL, the one thing that isn't very efficient, uses outdated tech and is a "user build content" VR where not everyone has the mindset to think about optimization.

ok....gif.88568bf73fc2debf9c1baa289943d9dc.gif

Maybe it's because an outdated tech works well for someone who is obsolete.

1583367814.gif

• Like 1

I play

Fallout, GTA, Saint's Row, Tropico and various trivia games on Steam

Right now I'm waiting for the sequel to Beyond Good and Evil which I am not sure is every coming back.

OH and Postal

Edited by Sam1 Bellisserian
  • Like 2

23 hours ago, Sam1 Bellisserian said:

I play

Fallout, GTA, Saint's Row, Tropico and various trivia games on Steam

Right now I'm waiting for the sequel to Beyond Good and Evil which I am not sure is every coming back.

👍

Edited by Tama Suki

From time too time I run Auran Trainz, or Opennrails, or if I want to be rally nostalgic, MSTS. They run well enough, mostly because there's nothing to be streamed over the net, (although Trainz can be a real pain when it double-checks everything in your stored content against the central database).

But these simulators lack the human interraction, and the ability to build and modify inworld.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Tama Suki said:

My computer is out of date for everything else online.
I play off line with Halo but by now I have massacred it at the maximum difficulty like even 7 times in a day.
What do you do instead?
Is there anything besides SL that catches you big?

Emulators - play games from every system (computers, consoles, arcades) right back to the start.

Patient gaming - There are lots of games that came out when your hardware was current, or even cutting edge, that will run with minimal fuss and very little expense. See https://www.reddit.com/r/patientgamers/

Indie gaming - The vast majority of indie titles don't need current hardware. https://itch.io/ or Steam.

The Epic store always has a free game and they are often older or indie, and free .. so doesn't hurt to try them and see what pans out.

Right now, I'm seriously enjoying Hades ($16 on steam) and that will run on a core 2 duo.

Some recommendations ....

Celeste, Pathologic 2, Opus Magnum (great Zachtronics gateway drug), Fallout new vegas, GTA 5 (runs on almost anything), Saint's Row 3 and 4 (stupid fun), Borderlands 1 2 .. and on, Terraria, Bioshock, Half Life 1 and 2, Portal 1 & 2, Diablo 3 .... 

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Tama Suki said:

My computer is out of date for everything else online.
I play off line with Halo but by now I have massacred it at the maximum difficulty like even 7 times in a day.
What do you do instead?
Is there anything besides SL that catches you big?

I like the Endless Forest.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Sam1 Bellisserian said:

Are you purposely starting threads just to troll them? The original post said nothing about Virtual Worlds. You asked a question and people answered. Is Halo a virtual world like SL?

Can't relax even on Christmas Eve?

Anyway my original post have a title: I only play second life.

Edited by Tama Suki

5 minutes ago, Tama Suki said:

Can't relax even on Christmas Eve?

Anyway my original post have a title: I only play second life.

Well? Your title is indeed that, but you didn't stipulate we can only name other virtual worlds, right? :) Don't make up rules as you go along, that's what politicians do :D 

• Like 6

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 835 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.