New theme is Revealed!.....Newbrooke...

Evangeline Arcadia
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 723 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I've given up guessing when Newbrooke will arrive.  But here's some info on the H&G Expo ... it opens on Saturday, and runs through March 20th.  Patch is scheduled for an interview with Saffia on March 10th, and the Moles will sit down with her on the 12th.  The H&G regions are being worked on furiously as we speak. I'm looking forward to the decorating contest for some fresh ideas, and a peek at new prefabs.

Coincidentally, work is progressing furiously up in Rouge.  Today the moles are playing hopscotch up there, or maybe it's QA :)  15 green dots appear to be jumping around simultaneously from region to region.  Stress testing using bots? Roving cocktail party?

rouge2.JPG.c74c7ba56fd2bb28c045996b854a4602.JPG

rouge3.thumb.JPG.a4a0135abb08d5588477cc01d2a04260.JPG

Edited by Nika Talaj
  • Like 8
  • Thanks 2

I suspect that because the reaction to Newbrooke was so negative they're putting a lot more effort into the next reveal and that's why Newbrooke is on the back burner for now. So much for 'very soon'. They'll probably do a low-key release when everyone is talking about the new theme, and clone new regions as they need them rather than overproducing as they did with the Chalets. I think most people would prefer them to focus on getting the next theme right, rather than tinkering around the edges of something that didn't quite work.

• Like 4

35 minutes ago, Sparkle Bunny said:

I suspect that because the reaction to Newbrooke was so negative they're putting a lot more effort into the next reveal and that's why Newbrooke is on the back burner for now. So much for 'very soon'. They'll probably do a low-key release when everyone is talking about the new theme, and clone new regions as they need them rather than overproducing as they did with the Chalets. I think most people would prefer them to focus on getting the next theme right, rather than tinkering around the edges of something that didn't quite work.

And maybe we (general "we"), as a community, should not complain so much about everything we think is wrong with a theme.  Not every theme will appeal to everybody.  Not every theme will be exactly what everyone wants.  Not every theme will be historically or regionally accurate.  Not every theme will have the exact staircase banister that we each envisioned or the exact house size we each want.

There are themes I don't like because they are not aesthetically pleasing to me.  The Newbrookes and chalets are among them.  I am still going to try for a Newbrooke just to see what I can do with it.  Maybe I will get a location that changes my mind.  Maybe I will do something really creative with the decorating that I like enough to keep it.  If not, I'll move on to dreaming about the next theme.

Most forumites are not afraid to voice their opinions (good!), but the reaction to the initial Newbrooke release seemed a bit beyond just "negative" and appeared downright rude, nitpicky, and petty.  It's okay not to like every theme.  We have other choices, and more are coming.

• Like 15

18 minutes ago, Cinnamon Mistwood said:

And maybe we (general "we"), as a community, should not complain so much about everything we think is wrong with a theme.  Not every theme will appeal to everybody.  Not every theme will be exactly what everyone wants.  Not every theme will be historically or regionally accurate.  Not every theme will have the exact staircase banister that we each envisioned or the exact house size we each want.

There are themes I don't like because they are not aesthetically pleasing to me.  The Newbrookes and chalets are among them.  I am still going to try for a Newbrooke just to see what I can do with it.  Maybe I will get a location that changes my mind.  Maybe I will do something really creative with the decorating that I like enough to keep it.  If not, I'll move on to dreaming about the next theme.

Most forumites are not afraid to voice their opinions (good!), but the reaction to the initial Newbrooke release seemed a bit beyond just "negative" and appeared downright rude, nitpicky, and petty.  It's okay not to like every theme.  We have other choices, and more are coming.

Companies aren’t so delicate that they can’t handle honest feedback. I would welcome people speaking with their voice than their money and skipping entire themes and having endless masses of land sitting empty. Not everyone is gonna like everything, obviously, but getting to know the why these core group of customers that have liked many themes in the past suddenly reject this theme is important to know. We’ve come to expect homes that are very well done and in well landscaped regions, that suddenly to be shown new Brooke in boxes with crowded endless clones is shocking. 

• Like 3

I think much of my negativity is that Modern came so late. I had raised my expectations too high. Every release since the Victorians was expected from me, to be Modern. And so many others expressed the want for modern homes.

I think it was more creativity earlier in the releases. The grandeur of Victorians, the deep forest feel of the Logs, the water everywhere for the Stilts, but also "Huh? Chalets, why? Who in SL demanded that theme?" followed by imaginative and extravagant landscaping of the fairy-tale Fantasy ones, to fall back to what I feel is an uninspired theme.

I burned out a bit on Linden Homes, and the latest releases is the only where I have not used them. Well, I had a Chalet a few days. A Fantasy one the time it took to pick up the creator pack.

• Like 3

Chalets never made it for me. They might be what some Americans think of as chalets but being Swiss I can tell you they're nothing like chalets. To me, they look like old 1880s houses in the Alsace region of France or in some areas of Germany. Definitely not what Europeans (or Swiss people) understand with chalet.

As for Newbrooke, I admit I've just seen pictures of those houses and not the reveal inworld so I can't really judge. What actually disappointed me on some pictures was the proximity of the houses. I felt like in a LA or Sydney suburd where you could basically shake hands with your neighbour through open windows 😕

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Marianne Little said:

I think much of my negativity is that Modern came so late. I had raised my expectations too high. Every release since the Victorians was expected from me, to be Modern. And so many others expressed the want for modern homes.

I think it was more creativity earlier in the releases. The grandeur of Victorians, the deep forest feel of the Logs, the water everywhere for the Stilts, but also "Huh? Chalets, why? Who in SL demanded that theme?" followed by imaginative and extravagant landscaping of the fairy-tale Fantasy ones, to fall back to what I feel is an uninspired theme.

Yes, when I had imagined modern, I was thinking of Malibu beach houses, and Trompe Loeil style homes in SL, with their great textures and combination of wood, glass, metal, concrete and stone. In comparison, the Newbrooke container homes felt somewhat bland and. uninspired. However, I've made my peace with the LL design decisions, pulled together a bunch of modern (virtual) home furnishings, and am impatient to start decorating a Newbrooke home.

• Like 2

• Administrators

You've all spun yourself up in to a tizzy it seems.  Many have formed opinions based on misinformation, misrepresentation and not having enough information.  I realize that is what happens when you are starved for information; there is an intentional reason for that at the present.  We are not ok with the negativity and tone that has taken hold.   The team takes to heart your feedback and strives to do their very best by everyone.  I will remind you that the folks working very hard on this project are also Residents among you.  We will remove posts that take an overtly negative and personal tone.  I ask that everyone please keep your feedback succinct and factual.   I will remind you that if I or a member of my team hasn't said it, then it's not fact.

We are here to provide beautiful homes and neighborhoods that will continue to foster new home owner growth which remains core to the mission of Linden Homes, and to the communities that have been built up around them.  

The Newbrooke theme, and the following theme will be released when we are ready to release them.  They have nothing to do with Home & Garden, we are not part of the event this year, and the Moles and I do not have any scheduled showings at the event.

• Like 18
  • Thanks 8
  • Sad 1

13 minutes ago, Trinity1776 said:

Well, there are 1024 and 512 lots mixed in among each other, and the houses on the 512 lots are not that tiny, so that might be why you had that impression.

That may explain it. Thanks. I'll wait and see when they're released and after visiting some of the Newbrooke sims I'll decide if I switch my current home for one of them. As I said in another thread, I like the open plan idea as it's more appealing to me.

i think that the Newbrooke homes will be quite popular

i also think that if there are houses on 512m parcels that seem large for the parcel then I don't think that this is going to be a deterrent as this is the case with the Meadowbrook which is the most popular of the old Linden Homes estate

• Like 1

3 hours ago, EmmaAsht0n said:

Chalets never made it for me. They might be what some Americans think of as chalets but being Swiss I can tell you they're nothing like chalets. To me, they look like old 1880s houses in the Alsace region of France or in some areas of Germany. Definitely not what Europeans (or Swiss people) understand with chalet.

As for Newbrooke, I admit I've just seen pictures of those houses and not the reveal inworld so I can't really judge. What actually disappointed me on some pictures was the proximity of the houses. I felt like in a LA or Sydney suburd where you could basically shake hands with your neighbour through open windows 😕

The chalets are modeled after an American town called Helen in Georgia, not after European homes. This was explained at the preview and it has been repeated several times after. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Dreamer Pixelmaid said:

The chalets are modeled after an American town called Helen in Georgia, not after European homes. This was explained at the preview and it has been repeated several times after. 

It’s modeled after a town that’s modeled after German towns irl. So it’s like copying houses in Disneyland.

During the 1960s, to boost tourism in the area, the tiny town of Helen was developed into a faux Alpine Village. Everything in the town, even the fast food chains, is built in keeping with the Bavarian theme. 

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 723 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.