New theme is Revealed!.....Newbrooke...

Evangeline Arcadia
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 722 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

• 2 weeks later...

While we are waiting (and waiting ... and waiting ...), would anyone like to hazard a guess as to where the Modern theme will be placed?  I see three pretty obvious possibilities. 

where.thumb.JPG.522b3a964edcce25f8c0b1790c3e237a.JPG

I incline toward A myself.  Since the northern coast of the chalets is missing, Modern lands could eventually be faded into the chalets in new regions, similar to the way the Vics merge with the Log homes or the Campers with the Trads, with just a set of hills dividing them. 

Re: area C -- the east coast of Logland has no unfinished regions to 'hook up' to a new theme, tho I suppose one could join with new land in a park region such as Maiden Rock or Outrigger.   But I don't remember the Moles ever reworking a completed region to accommodate a new theme.  So it seems to me that a new theme in Area C might be accessed via water only.

Re area B -- The east coast of the chalets is also now completely built out, and entirely fringed with houseboats.  Again, a theme in this area might be accessed via water, or perhaps long tunnels, since the Chalets have pioneered tunnel links.

What do you think?

Edited by Nika Talaj
  • Like 4

2 hours ago, Nika Talaj said:

While we are waiting (and waiting ... and waiting ...), would anyone like to hazard a guess as to where the Modern theme will be placed?  I see three pretty obvious possibilities. 

I incline toward A myself.  Since the northern coast of the chalets is missing, Modern lands could eventually be faded into the chalets in new regions, similar to the way the Vics merge with the Log homes or the Campers with the Trads, with just a set of hills dividing them. 

Re: area C -- the east coast of Logland has no unfinished regions to 'hook up' to a new theme, tho I suppose one could join with new land in a park region such as Maiden Rock or Outrigger.   But I don't remember the Moles ever reworking a completed region to accommodate a new theme.  So it seems to me that a new theme in Area C might be accessed via water only.

Re area B -- The east coast of the chalets is also now completely built out, and entirely fringed with houseboats.  Again, a theme in this area might be accessed via water, or perhaps long tunnels, since the Chalets have pioneered tunnel links.

What do you think?

A - Seems to be the most likely and practical

B - My personal favorite I would love to see them get us to Blake Sea this way instead... plus I think those houseboats would be rather undesirable if they are forever relegated to edge regions.  Kinda cancels out the purpose of having one to sail if you gotta meander through a dozen narrow houseboat regions just to get to open water.

C - I think this is really the least likely at this point and serves little value.  The edges of Logland serve a perfect end of the world type region

• Like 2

18 hours ago, Nika Talaj said:

What do you think?

Was thinking probably A--but could be any of those!?!?!

• Like 2

Definitely "A" 

C - Log home coastline is done, so the only possible expansion there is more Stilt islands moving south (if required)

B - even less likely than C frankly. Again, the coastline in done, but also, there are no unfinished roads or bridges at worlds edge in the east side of the Chalet homes. If LL are going to drop a new theme that again contains a road network, why place it in an area where those roads wont link up to anything? Finally, even placing the new theme at "B" doesn't magically make it possible to sail to the Blake Sea - dozens of empty water regions would still need to be added all the way up the coast to actually reach sailable protected water.

At "A", you have: 1) no current coastline which indicates that something is going in there. 2) train lines and roads which go to worlds end, further indicating that at some point, they will join up to more roads and trail lines. 3) a huge convenient theme-wide space recently been cleared of all private regions.

So yep, it's definitely going to be "A", except now that so many of us are sure of that, they'll change their minds and drop the theme down south of the Fantasy regions :P

• Like 2

I have not heard anything. The Home & Garden Expo is 26th February to 20th March.

Is it likely that they release new houses during the Expo? I doubt it.

So a new release should be ca. 1 week before the Expo or 1 week after. If it is before, we should see things happen very soon. New regions and mole activity. I am not very hopeful.

So my guess is Mon. 28th March. It is only me guessing, I have no inside information.

It is a bloody long time until then. I hope I am wrong and it is a release before, but does LL have enough Moles and Lindens to run the Expo and a release the same time?

By the way, my Premium runs out the 25th March. The late release does not suit me. I will change it to monthly, just so I can try them out before I can decide on dropping Premium or change back to Annually.

• Like 2

The last I've heard was Patch's interview at the Christmas Expo, mid-December.  When asked about Newbrooke, he addressed release date as follows:

"I don't have an actual release date"  ... but ...."if you follow history and the past, could be somewhere around year end, that might be our hopes, we'll see, I don't know." 

So clearly something happened to change that expectation.  LL is of course under no obligation to tell residents,  tho I guess one should check with the leaders of Belli Citizens before asserting that no hints have been given. 

Personally, I doubt Newbrooke's been delayed by rework.  I think the delay is more likely to be due to something like budgetary issues --- a whole subcontinent of regions must be fairly costly.  Or perhaps there's some math around uptake of already released themes that hasn't turned out as expected -- there are an awful lot of chalets available.  Mayhap there's been some strategic redirection following a bunch of meetings with Philip.  Or possibly Patch's psychic gave him an unfavorable reading.  In short, who knows. 

The Home & Garden Expo is more a resident-run event than an LL event.  But if LL wanted to do the release before H&G (so that folks will go there for new furnishings :) ?), then indeed we should see something happen soon, because usually new themes get at least a week or two to rest/QA after the new subcontinent shows up.

My own takeaway is:  it's a waste of my time to try to guesstimate theme release dates until a week after it shows up on the grid.

As for hints about Rouge and follow releases : "Probably the theme after Newbrooke will follow along fairly quickly" ... certainly that seems in line with the amount of work that seems to be being done in Rouge.

Also, following Rouge, he spoke of "several more themes in the pipeline", saying the Linden Homes group will be "busy through 2022".  For what that's worth.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Nika Talaj said:

Personally, I doubt Newbrooke's been delayed by rework. 

Still keeping my fingers crossed that they're responding to suggestions regarding external color palettes and some internal detailing and texture options. Changing the footprint/layout of any of the designs is too much to hope for.

• Sad 1

5 hours ago, Nika Talaj said:

Personally, I doubt Newbrooke's been delayed by rework.  I think the delay is more likely to be due to something like budgetary issues --- a whole subcontinent of regions must be fairly costly.  Or perhaps there's some math around uptake of already released themes that hasn't turned out as expected -- there are an awful lot of chalets available.  Mayhap there's been some strategic redirection following a bunch of meetings with Philip.  Or possibly Patch's psychic gave him an unfavorable reading.  In short, who knows. ...

My own takeaway is:  it's a waste of my time to try to guesstimate theme release dates until a week after it shows up on the grid.

Also, following Rouge, he spoke of "several more themes in the pipeline", saying the Linden Homes group will be "busy through 2022".  For what that's worth.

Yeah, who knows what their scheduling is or what it's based on. We can only keep an eye open (inclduing on Patch's flickr teasers:) ). I'm wondering if the scheduling as slowed down, since there are homes constantly available on the Land page now (and more queued up in Fantasy Land I think). So I think perhaps there isn't the rush to get the homes out anymore - they can take their time.

I'm surprised there hasn't been more discussion around Patch's comment about more themes having been added themes. It's been mentioned in the forum before, right after the interview. I'm really excited about the idea of more themes than we initially were told about. I hope there's more water themes!:)

• Like 2

Personally, I am wondering when the rework of the trads.... that was also promised.  Taking a wild guess, I think we will see open floor plans for each house type.. but maybe they will offer a larger trad instead. I cant wait to see what they offer.. and wonder when it will be. I am guessing that it wont be til after the release of the modern homes

• Like 2

I understand it, they (Lindens) will not set a date, because things can happen so they can't make it. Result: thousand questions "Why isn't it the homes out yet?" with variations.

I believe Patch hear a lot of it now, because he hinted strongly "At year end". I don't know if it was a tease from him, it would not like it, if is he thinks it's fun.

On 1/20/2022 at 4:26 PM, Nika Talaj said:

I incline toward A myself. 

A all the way! As has been mentioned alot, the shortest path from Belli to the Blake is from Carmine Sky to Stromberg. As a sailor, I can attest that slogging up the east coast of Satori (as suggested by the B option) would be a mess.

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 722 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.