New theme is Revealed!.....Newbrooke...

Evangeline Arcadia
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 721 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

3 minutes ago, Eowyn Southmoor said:

If they are planning on releasing them soon, then i am curious as to why such a small release. 49 regions isn't even close to how many regions were released when most of the themes have been released O.o

My guess is that they don't need to do a massive release at the moment because there are still plenty of homes available on the Land Page (lots of chalet and fantasy left I believe). In previous years the houses were snapped up so fast they coldn't keep up with demand, so probably why the releases were bigger.

Their strategy is to have the central part of the land area done then they work outwards (and do the coastline last), so maybe the modern land area will be bigger than what we are seeing now (eventually). Perhaps they are waiting to see what the demand is like for them, and decide on how many more regions to add based on that. If they're not popluar maybe they'll just leave it as it (with coastline added later) and focus on adding more popular themes down the road (they've said in one of the recent interviews that they hope to revisit and add more of some of the older themes in the future).

I would personally be surprised if there won't be many more regions added as I would expect the modern's to be a popluar theme, considering also that eventually they'll be moving everyone out of the first gen moderns, so those people might want to still have something similar.

All will be revealed...Soooon 😄

• Like 2

I don't think Chalets and Fantasy Homes will be "sold out" or in demand ever. It will always be some there to pick up. Maybe not 24/7, but often on the Land page, instead of the Houseboats and Stilts, they are rare..

So if available Chalets and Fantasy decides how many Modern homes they will release, then I'm screwed. 😒

Edited by Marianne Little
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

6 hours ago, Marianne Little said:

I don't think Chalets and Fantasy Homes will be "sold out" or in demand ever. It will always be some there to pick up. Maybe not 24/7, but often on the Land page, instead of the Houseboats and Stilts, they are rare..

So if available Chalets and Fantasy decides how many Modern homes they will release, then I'm screwed. 😒

That's not what's being said. It's that early on, there was a shortage of any sort of house, so themes filled up in no time. Now, there's plenty of choice, so themes fill slowly. They're only taken by people who want that theme, not by people who are desperate for any sort of house. Chalets and fantasy would have sold out in under a day if they'd been early themes. But they weren't, so they've filled more slowly. It's the pattern of how later releases worked compared to earlier releases that's important.

There's no reason to think that modern will be different. So there's no need to complete the whole area before launching it. Better to put out a few, so the people who really want one can move in, and add the rest in later. They cleared an area of the map that's bigger than the current modern area, so it's clear there's space for more.

In other words, unless you're planning to sleep for a couple of weeks after they release those regions, you'll get one. It's not like the early days.

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Chloe Bunny said:

I am thankfully out of the running for abandons or new releases but I am sure that if any release prompts amazing abandons it will be this one :)

That's my favorite part of a new theme. I managed to pick up a lovely Trad this morning after a few unsuccessful tries. Let's see how long I keep this one. 

• Like 4

53 minutes ago, Trinity1776 said:

So I went to a couple of undisputed authorities and asked them "Will the Linden Newbrooke homes be released today?"  and , this magic 8-ball says "most likely"...whereas this magic 8-ball says "You may rely on it"

And still… (I need something nice to distract from the absolutely miserable weather, and we’re all out of chocolate and lemon drizzle cake.)

AE1E4225-92E6-4036-862A-14479B7C2BD4.jpeg

Edited by Frigga Freidman
  • Haha 3

23 minutes ago, Marianne Little said:

I was going to write that US have more holidays than Norway, but that was just snark.

But true. When I was young, we had holidays for Abraham Lincoln's birthday (Feb 12) and Washington's birthday (Feb 22), which have now been collapsed into a single day, President's Day, which is the third Monday in February.  Other than that, February is pretty holiday-sparse.  Most months do have more.

We have Valentine's Day, of course, and Groundhog Day, but neither is a real holiday -- just an excuse to go out and love someone (or a groundhog). (And then the very special days like Feb 1, which is National Dark Chocolate Day(!) and tomorrow, which is National Margarita Day.  Pick your favorite day. It's someone's idea of a holiday.)

Edited by Rolig Loon
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

Well, there is Veterans Day (November 11), which began as Armistice Day, to celebrate the end of World War I. In my family, however, it was better known as Mom's Birthday. She was born a year before the armistice, so she could always claim correctly that she got there first.

• Like 2

LL is taking today as a holiday, yes.  Concierge support is closed.  Also, for those in other time zones, there's this happening in the wee hours SLT on both Tuesday and Wednesday mornings.

Scheduled - We will be performing scheduled maintenance on Tuesday, February 22nd at 4:00 AM. During this maintenance, account registrations, logins, and emails will be unavailable, and users will be unable to add payment methods or transact using US$. 

They don't say how long this will take, but given the time they're doing it, perhaps a couple of hours? 

On the bright side, I don't see any rolling restarts scheduled :)

• Thanks 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 721 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.