New theme is Revealed!.....Newbrooke...

Evangeline Arcadia
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 772 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

• Moles
48 minutes ago, Fay Starlight said:

I thought about clicking that thing till it ended up on the other side of Bellis...just to see how far I could go, but I know I would inevitably collide with a house and really wasn't sure what might happen...I might have opened up a wormhole and all of Bellis could be sucked into the 11th Dimension...o.O

Or you might annoy the demon who has possessed it.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 9

Here are some cool areas to check out on the Newbrooke sub continent. There are new rez zones around now. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

So I am not sure if it's always been the case, but while looking around I accidentally clicked on a door on somebody's Newbrook home(I tend to click when camming sometimes).. and it made a knocking sound 3 times and gave me a message that i'm not authorized to open or close the doors, etc.

Is this a new thing or has it been in? The last time I clicked on a door on purpose without remembering to set myself to be able to was my Stilt home, and there was no such message or noise iirc.

Edited by s2Pandora
  • Like 1

• Moles
5 minutes ago, diamond Marchant said:

This is a transparent prim in front of the door that has a script in it. Not part of a Linden Home front door.

Nope.  That's part of the access control scripting.  If the owner of the house has not used the control panel to give you permission to open doors and windows, you will hear a knocking sound and get a chat message to let you know why you can't come in.

• Thanks 6

2 hours ago, Dyna Mole said:

Nope.  That's part of the access control scripting.

I tried it on a Trad and all I got was "Door: The door is locked."  Tried it on a Stilt and got "Sorry, diamond Marchant, but you are not authorized to open and close the doors, blinds and windows of this house.  If you think you are receiving this message in error, please contact the owner of this parcel and ask them to put you on the list of authorized users."

Verified.

So happy to learn that if I touch a locked door I will be reminded of my name, I will be told of other things I cannot do, a suggestion will be made that the owner may have intended to let me in but actually forgot about me, and that I may petition the owner to reverse this oversight. 🙂

• Haha 2
  • Confused 2

• Moles
8 hours ago, diamond Marchant said:

I tried it on a Trad and all I got was "Door: The door is locked."  Tried it on a Stilt and got "Sorry, diamond Marchant, but you are not authorized to open and close the doors, blinds and windows of this house.  If you think you are receiving this message in error, please contact the owner of this parcel and ask them to put you on the list of authorized users."

S2Pandora's question was about a Newbrooke house.  We've had different versions of the chat message since the Trads were introduced, and we introduced the knocking sound only in the last couple of themes. With each new theme, we have added new features -- some more subtle than others -- and have thought of different ways to do some things.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

20 minutes ago, Dyna Mole said:

S2Pandora's question was about a Newbrooke house.  We've had different versions of the chat message since the Trads were introduced, and we introduced the knocking sound only in the last couple of themes. With each new theme, we have added new features -- some more subtle than others -- and have thought of different ways to do some things.

I think some folks forget that LH are intended to be "starter homes", with the idea that newer players will be using them, too. It makes total sense to give a bit more information in the message, as not everyone has been in SL for 10+ years and may not realize that the locked door is a feature, not a bug.

And adding the door knock sound is a fun thing!

• Like 5

I love my Aldridge home. I am an oldie newbie. Was away from sl for a long time. I am so impressed by what I see in this world now. The creativity and intelligence blows me away. So many should be so proud of their abilities. I recently went premium the homes are the bonus for me. My only drawback is I really want water. Never seems to be any houseboats or stilt homes available. My home now looks out on a street and other houses. I think I might see water in the distance. I just never seem to be lucky enough to get water. Oh well I still love it am enjoying it so much. I can always go to a beach.Beautiful day to everyone.

• Like 6

33 minutes ago, junique Tigerfish said:

I love my Aldridge home. I am an oldie newbie. Was away from sl for a long time. I am so impressed by what I see in this world now. The creativity and intelligence blows me away. So many should be so proud of their abilities. I recently went premium the homes are the bonus for me. My only drawback is I really want water. Never seems to be any houseboats or stilt homes available. My home now looks out on a street and other houses. I think I might see water in the distance. I just never seem to be lucky enough to get water. Oh well I still love it am enjoying it so much. I can always go to a beach.Beautiful day to everyone.

I see a houseboat on the land page right now.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, junique Tigerfish said:

39 minutes ago, Sylvia Tamalyn said:

I see a houseboat on the land page right now.

Yep.  There's also Stilt on water available.

image.png.443b60690bc52a2d8ae20de295e662df.png

• Like 4

They released some houseboat regions very recently (some are sitting empty waiting for you) and some stilts a little before that. More stilts regions have been named and look set to go. So go now (and watch the SSP and recently seen homes thread, as that's where the news of new releases will be).

• Like 4

14 hours ago, junique Tigerfish said:

Im like you, I was away for years (my main is a lot older than this account) then I discovered Bellisseria and now Im stuck here 😍😍😍

Edited by Always Incognito
  • Like 2

14 hours ago, junique Tigerfish said:

Don't give up, I got a stilt OW, Liked the place but after a couple of days something about it nagged me, got my stuff and left, it took me only a day to get another one (on a little piers) that I liked more, with more access to open water (yay, I'm going around in my little speed boat).

Keep an eye on the page, use an auto-refresh searching for the kind of house you want ,  and you'll get it. There is a thread here that helps with the auto-refresh settings but I can't find it ATM.

• Like 2

17 hours ago, junique Tigerfish said:

Thank you so much everyone. Maybe everybody is moving to Newbrooke lol who knows. Omg decisions decisions. 🤔

This is the best time to be hopping around and playing Game of Homes. I live for beautiful abandons when new themes are released. I had been waiting in anticipation for the houseboat regions near the chalets to be released. Go find the perfect houseboat for you!

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
On 3/23/2022 at 7:12 AM, Sylvia Tamalyn said:

I think some folks forget that LH are intended to be "starter homes", with the idea that newer players will be using them, too. It makes total sense to give a bit more information in the message, as not everyone has been in SL for 10+ years and may not realize that the locked door is a feature, not a bug.

And adding the door knock sound is a fun thing!

I might have agreed with you on the old Linden homes but tbh, these are PREMIUM member perks here that we're paying for. Noobs typically don't become premium members straightaway. Btw, idc what the locked door does.

38 minutes ago, Rybbon Nebula said:

I might have agreed with you on the old Linden homes but tbh, these are PREMIUM member perks here that we're paying for. Noobs typically don't become premium members straightaway. Btw, idc what the locked door does.

The old LH are for PREMIUM members only, too. 

• Like 3

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 772 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.