New theme is Revealed!.....Newbrooke...

Evangeline Arcadia
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 796 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I just took another tour of the Newbrooke homes and my heart has settled on the Bradbury.  Its one story appeals to me and leaves just enough green space to have a nice garden area.  I love the rear patio/deck, and the one end of the house with the three rooms is going to be my en suite...with the open area an office/craft room of sorts, and the other room a bathroom, with the room leading to the patio/deck the bedroom.  I can visualize the main living space split by a two way fireplace, using one side as living and the other dining.  The other end with that window right smack in the center of the wall will be the kitchen...I think I can work with that wall.  We shall see.  I am hoping for windows that have a metal surround rather than wood, or at least a choice between the two.  If it doesn't happen it's not going to stop me from getting a house.  Of all the homes revealed so far...this is my favorite, then log, then stilt.  The landscaping along with the public spaces are to my liking.  Love the planters and flowers presented so far.  To all the moles, patch and LL...I am loving this and look forward to seeing the finished result.  

• Like 9

• 2 weeks later...

i like modern neighborhoods... they would be really nice if most were near water the way many fantasy homes are but if not that, then it would be neatarific if there was a house choice or 2 that came with a pool or some plots have inground pools..  are u accepting applications for builder moles?  also.... why the big beautiful windows if theyre not going to be looking out to some nice scenery other than another person's house within a few feet?

Edited by 4REIGN
  • Like 1

On 12/19/2021 at 1:45 AM, Cougar Sangria said:

I just took another tour of the Newbrooke homes and my heart has settled on the Bradbury.  Its one story appeals to me and leaves just enough green space to have a nice garden area.  I love the rear patio/deck, and the one end of the house with the three rooms is going to be my en suite...with the open area an office/craft room of sorts, and the other room a bathroom, with the room leading to the patio/deck the bedroom.  I can visualize the main living space split by a two way fireplace, using one side as living and the other dining.  The other end with that window right smack in the center of the wall will be the kitchen...I think I can work with that wall.  We shall see.  I am hoping for windows that have a metal surround rather than wood, or at least a choice between the two.  If it doesn't happen it's not going to stop me from getting a house.  Of all the homes revealed so far...this is my favorite, then log, then stilt.  The landscaping along with the public spaces are to my liking.  Love the planters and flowers presented so far.  To all the moles, patch and LL...I am loving this and look forward to seeing the finished result.  

I think you nailed it with the three rooms, it was just how I saw it too. ;)

I have already found out how to work with all the windows in what will be the bathroom.

I am a bit unsure about all the windows in the big main space. While I love those windows/doors facing the patio, the ones against the street is making me a bit uncertain. I believe I will use some kind of cover that I make myself, transparent on the inside so I can see out, and a nice blinds texture on the outside. 

The only thing about Bradbury is that it will be the most popular one! It makes me think about trying one of the others just to be different. But I am 95% certain I will start with Bradbury.

I am also very curious, will it be offered open floor spaces? I am thinking about the houses with many doors and rooms inside. I was trying a Chalet a short time and tried all the open floor options. I found out that the moles had left stubs of walls that destroyed my plans, I abandoned the chalet after less than a week.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, 4REIGN said:

i like modern neighborhoods... they would be really nice if most were near water the way many fantasy homes are but if not that, then it would be neatarific if there was a house choice or 2 that came with a pool or some plots have inground pools..  are u accepting applications for builder moles?  also.... why the big beautiful windows if theyre not going to be looking out to some nice scenery other than another person's house within a few feet?

I turned on "Show parcel lines" and some places is it very small space between the houses. I will try to avoid locations like this. 

But no matter what style in Bellisseria, location has always mattered a lot to me. The demo region did not have natural water at all. That was worrying. It will not be so good if the modern parts will be dry land and public pools. (Edit: I saw now that it is a few tiny ponds. I miss the large rivers and lakes from the Pickle)

I really wish we can see the regions soon.

On 12/19/2021 at 9:18 AM, Leora Jacobus said:

Any signs / hints yet as to when we'll be able to grab them?

My alt with the stilt home expires end of January - I wish she could try a Newbrooke.

I think I heard "end of the year", but it looks like they will not make it. 

First or last half of January, @Patch Linden? Will we get a warning 1-3 days ahead of opening so we can pack up the old house?

border1.png

border.jpg

Edited by Marianne Little
added when I was wrong and images
  • Like 2

We have not praised or dissed the decks/patios yet? We can not let that happen.

So yay or nay? 

My view is that I would have houses without them. 👎 A square or rectangle patio like that would cost me one single Li with a timberframe floor from OPQ. The difference is that I could have it in the size I want, or remove it and have a stone patio or just grass. I believe the Mole patios will be an obstacle that I need to cover up, to match my pathways and other landscaping elements.

The best solution would be to have a square and a rectangular patio deck in the content creation pack from the mailboxes. Those who want them, can use them.

Edited by Marianne Little
  • Like 3

• Moles
10 hours ago, Marianne Little said:

I turned on "Show parcel lines" and some places is it very small space between the houses. I will try to avoid locations like this

8 meters between parcels is the standard minimum we've tried to hold to across most of the themes in Bellisseria. More if we can, less only if necessary. 

10 hours ago, Marianne Little said:

The demo region did not have natural water at all

newbrooke_region_004.thumb.jpg.c484e7455c96e59f4d9ae4a512c2bdd9.jpg

• Like 14
  • Thanks 2

14 hours ago, 4REIGN said:

it would be neatarific if there was a house choice or 2 that came with a pool or some plots have inground pools..

Most of the house style plots aren't big enough for much more than a built in paddling pool, if you want to leave space for the tenant to decorate the outside space how they want. There is a few ponds and water features in the demo region hopefully the finished inland regions will have a greater number to keep people happy

4 hours ago, Marianne Little said:

We have not praised or dissed the decks/patios yet? We can not let that happen.

So yay or nay? 

The decks are okay. I will just cover them if I don't like them or add on to a roof if Ichoose a 1 story home.  I do like the idea of no attached decking and choices in the content pack, but it will take some extra land impact.  I really think the house style I choose will be completely dependent in the location I get.  Some of the 512s don't have room for anything but the house.  Prim savings on no landscaping needed, I guess.

Thanks for the watery sneak peek @Abnor Mole.  Very nice indeed.

The very last Linden Home theme should be a Build-Your-Own-LH.  Just a parcel and a content package of approved designs to mix and match, add a room, take away a wall. What a coding nightmare, but fun!

That is only if my first unattainable dream of a parcel with 3 levels of homes to choose from is not possible. Choose from the mailbox 1 of 3 themed homes.

1. Underwater

2. On land or on water

3. Sky or space dwelling

Just think of all the perceived space you'd have if your neighbors pick living in outer space and you pick underwater.  No landscaping needed at all in space!

If you're going to dream, dream big.

the question about the deck.... it really does not fit into the theme of modern houses. i admire the moles creativity but that deck is not a good idea... most homes like that would have a concrete slab for a patio or something similar... best idea would be to add concrete slabs to the content pack perhaps

• Like 1

19 hours ago, 4REIGN said:

the question about the deck.... it really does not fit into the theme of modern houses. i admire the moles creativity but that deck is not a good idea... most homes like that would have a concrete slab for a patio or something similar... best idea would be to add concrete slabs to the content pack perhaps

The option for concrete floors internally would also be in keeping with the style of house. Few might choose it, but it *would* be appropriate.

• Like 2

The decks that are there now can not possibly use much Land Impact. I know I can replace one of those mole decks with a high quality deck that has a similar frame, for only 1 Li.

Having the mole decks as an option in the content pack, not a forced fixture, can not possibly be a big sacrifice in Li.

It is not possible to change the mole decks in size when they are a part of the house from the start. It may be possible to change the textures. The demo region does not have different textures, but it is a work in progress and texture change may be added. Textures for concrete or stone slabs would be popular. We can hope for that. If not, I will have to cover them up.

I am not very disappointed in the lack of garden space, but the smaller the space, the more important it is to get it right for me. And a deck that cant be removed or resized is going to be annoying.

• Like 3

23 minutes ago, Daniel Voyager said:

I would imagine by mid-late January 2022. The Moles and Lindens are probably having a nice break 😂

I would guess the next theme reveals will be at the Home and Garden Expo (26th February to 20th March 2022) and then another for SL19B (mid-late June 2022). Could be sooner or later than that though. 

Thank you Daniel

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 796 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.