I Can't Believe We Need This

Lindal Kidd

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1095 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Yesterday, CNBC aired a story "Why It’s Impossible To Put Tracking Microchips In Covid Vaccines"

It's a sad commentary on us that CNBC felt it was necessary. It's even sadder to realize that the people who don't need this information are the only ones who'll watch it.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 3

5 minutes ago, Echelon Alcott said:

The saddest part is that those people don't realize that they gladly pay, out of their own pocket, to carry tracking devices in the form of their cell phones. They are already microchipped, and do it voluntarily.

My son used the misinformation about microchipping to try to get out of getting the vaccine.  I gave him my best mom look and told him this exact thing.  He got the vaccine.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Echelon Alcott said:

The saddest part is that those people don't realize that they gladly pay, out of their own pocket, to carry tracking devices in the form of their cell phones. They are already microchipped, and do it voluntarily.

Except for the 36 of us on the planet who don't have smart phones --- or flip phones we only leave in the glove box for emergencies.

• Like 2

56 minutes ago, Kimmi Zehetbauer said:

Except for the 36 of us on the planet who don't have smart phones --- or flip phones we only leave in the glove box for emergencies.

I avoided a smart phone for the longest time.  Finally broke down, primarily for the maps when we travel.  To this day though, I'll often still print out some maps because I can see everything on them easier than on that tiny phone screen.  I'll also periodically say something and my kids will chuckle and say something like "Mom, you have a smart phone for that".

29 minutes ago, Silent Mistwalker said:

I can't believe we need warnings on blow dryers not to use them in the bath or shower but the warnings are there. That's just one example. There are tons more.

I remember once there was a shipment of peanuts what was recalled because it didn't hade the warning that contains peanut. 

1 hour ago, Silent Mistwalker said:

I can't believe we need warnings on blow dryers not to use them in the bath or shower but the warnings are there. That's just one example. There are tons more.

The reason those warnings are there is because someone did exactly what they are warning against -- that doesn't say much for some people.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, So Whimsy said:

The cat looks like she's seen some sh!t xD

Did I said that your new look is amazing? 

11 hours ago, Rowan Amore said:

Although some warning labels are indispensable.

1493586547_R(25).jpeg.4a0a306699539be6c3363fcea1b6bcbb.jpeg

Very, very painful memories. Underwear do not protect you always. 

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

20 hours ago, Lindal Kidd said:

Yesterday, CNBC aired a story "Why It’s Impossible To Put Tracking Microchips In Covid Vaccines"

It's a sad commentary on us that CNBC felt it was necessary. It's even sadder to realize that the people who don't need this information are the only ones who'll watch it.

It's an interesting exploration, though, of why otherwise apparently intelligent and rational people are prepared to believe such nonsense.

• Like 3

28 minutes ago, Innula Zenovka said:

It's an interesting exploration, though, of why otherwise apparently intelligent and rational people are prepared to believe such nonsense.

Information rushes in to fill a void in understanding.  If no information is handy, the void sucks in whatever it can find, the simpler the better.  Sadly, voids are also places of fear and suspicion, so real information can be overwhelmed and silenced there.

How's that for a metaphor?

Living Near a Supermassive Black Hole - Scientific American Blog Network

• Like 3

41 minutes ago, Rolig Loon said:

Information rushes in to fill a void in understanding.  If no information is handy, the void sucks in whatever it can find, the simpler the better.  Sadly, voids are also places of fear and suspicion, so real information can be overwhelmed and silenced there.

How's that for a metaphor?

Living Near a Supermassive Black Hole - Scientific American Blog Network

You've just described hallucination. Devoid of sensory input, the brain will invent things to occupy itself.

https://www.wired.com/2009/10/hallucinations/

An idle mind...

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Silent Mistwalker said:

because it costs the sellers many millions in lawsuits by people who used their stuff in that way.. while they scream it was not told upfront.

• Haha 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1095 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.