The end of gachas is sadly not the end of the ill nature of some people.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 955 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

51 minutes ago, Silent Mistwalker said:

Do you always treat people who are agreeing with you like they are a child? I'm not here for your approval or anyone else's. Never have been. Never will be. I'll be sure to keep any future agreements I may have concerning your words to myself. You could use a little "growing up" yourself.

Sorry I didn't realize this was agreeing with me... It seemed out of context for what I was quoted about. 

3 hours ago, Finite said:

I am not entirely sure if LL uses the forums as a means of gauging how the overall community feels about certain policies considering just a small % of people actually use them and it's not even a decent sampling size.

A Linden recently told me:

"The forums are a place of discussion only."

1 hour ago, Silent Mistwalker said:
3 hours ago, Finite said:

A Linden recently told me:

"The forums are a place of discussion only."

Well... if that's the case, then LL should delete the make friends section. 

That's not how forums and humans work.

Edited by Finite

15 hours ago, Frankie Antonioni said:

No country has talked to LL about gachas. None. It is the result of one new owner. He doesn't like gachas. And even if a country did protest to LL about gachas, all LL has to do is confine gachas to certain islands. Just like games of skill. You live in a country that doesn't allow gachas, then you can't go to that island. That is not hard to do.

Gachas fall under the loot box rule that are in effect in some areas which prohibit games of chance. I got a feeling the skill regions might be targeted next. It's not the new owners. Anything using RNG is being looked at closely by the authorities.

Which also helped the case of the ban was many complaints of some creators putting their items only in gachas instead of using the old school vendor.

7 minutes ago, Kimmi Zehetbauer said:

Gachas fall under the loot box rule that are in effect in some areas which prohibit games of chance. I got a feeling the skill regions might be targeted next. It's not the new owners. Anything using RNG is being looked at closely by the authorities.

Which also helped the case of the ban was many complaints of some creators putting their items only in gachas instead of using the old school vendor.

From what I understand is that potential legislation could be coming down in CA where LL is located. They likely weighed their options and determined it was more frugal and logical to just outright ban gacha rather than attempt to have them fall under some other category. Or have sims specifically set up for them like they do with skill games.

" As I noted in the forums, I think this has everything to do with Raj Date, Elizabeth Warren protégé, who served a term on the consumer board at the Treasury Department, and nothing to do with Japan or Belgium"   

We're all quite familiar with Prok's views on gachas.  Opinions are not facts.  So your last 2 citations aren't worth much.

Your first citation is another opinion piece that has nothing to do with the current Board of Directors hatred of gachas.

Try again.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Silent Mistwalker said:

I've asked for sources. There aren't any. It's all stuff he has come up with out of the dark recesses of his own mind. 

And citing Prok's blog isn't a credible source, IMO.   I almost laughed when I saw they had used that as their argument that the owners hate gachas.  Lordy, what next?

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, Rowan Amore said:

" As I noted in the forums, I think this has everything to do with Raj Date, Elizabeth Warren protégé, who served a term on the consumer board at the Treasury Department, and nothing to do with Japan or Belgium"   

We're all quite familiar with Prok's views on gachas.  Opinions are not facts.  So your last 2 citations aren't worth much.

Your first citation is another opinion piece that has nothing to do with the current Board of Directors hatred of gachas.

Try again.

7 minutes ago, Rowan Amore said:

And citing Prok's blog isn't a credible source, IMO.   I almost laughed when I saw they had used that as their argument that the owners hate gachas.  Lordy, what next?

It does not much surprise me that such was their 'evidence' ... Their posts smacked of the same sort of straw man, grasping at straws, conspiracy laden tripe one can expect form such 'sources'.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Pixie Kobichenko said:

okay, now you can flash me angry eyes or report me for being sassy.

still won’t bolster your stance that linden lab owes you something.

Sorry I don't have any angry eyes photo.  You are trying to make some real drama out of something I said that was simply true.  

"LL feels they have no obligation to inform their residents of the actual reasons behind their decisions."

That means exactly what it says.  Their TOS says basically they can do whatever they want, for any reason or for NO reason.   Hence they have NO obligation to tell us anything more.

I would like it to be otherwise, as would others here.  Why you want to make this personal I have no idea.

Have a Nice Day :)

2 minutes ago, Jaylinbridges said:

Sorry I don't have any angry eyes photo.  You are trying to make some real drama out of something I said that was simply true.  

"LL feels they have no obligation to inform their residents of the actual reasons behind their decisions."

That means exactly what it says.  Their TOS says basically they can do whatever they want, for any reason or for NO reason.   Hence they have NO obligation to tell us anything more.

I would like it to be otherwise, as would others here.  Why you want to make this personal I have no idea.

Have a Nice Day :)

Not personal- just a response to yours.  You seemed confused so I aimed to be facetiously helpful. 😃

The bottom line is that gachas are going away. LL doesn't owe any more explanation than they've give for the reason. They didn't even owe that. I hope the majority of gacha creators with actually quality items (not the majority of gachas) just put the items in regular vendors, preferably copy/mod/no trans, and let people buy what they actually wanted. I'm sure a few will try the conveyor system which I am betting will ultimately fail. Many only played to get the rares whether to keep or resell and the only reason they kept playing was there was always a chance of the rare. Now, you'll be paying for the crap items knowing that's all you'll get. The alternative version where you know like the next 5-10 items in advance might encourage more sales since if the rare you wanted is in that, you'd probably pay for the crap in front to get it.

• Like 1

As Linden Lab is a privately held company, they are not required by law to disclose any detailed financial or operating information.  That they gave us anything is more than they needed.  I really couldn't care less why they did it.  Yes, they could banish all male avatars and men from SL.  They could stop offering Premium bonuses.  They could shut the door tomorrow and have to answer to no one.  
The only thing they will owe you is any money in your USD account as far as I know.  Maybe we should all cash out now just in case.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Logan Skytower said:

@Patch Linden PAAAAAAAAAATCH, it's happening again! Make it staaaaahp.

I don't understand people who come into a thread to complain they don't like the discussion. Every time I check the General Discussion Board, I bypass multiple Fluffy Filler Freads, like What are You Listening To,  Two of Four Game, What are You watching Today and open those threads I am interested in. I'm not going to enter the Fluffy Freads to complain I don't like the discussion there, why do others feel the need to do so on the threads they don't like? 

Ps, not just directed at you Logan as there have been multiple posters complaining the same way.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Arielle Popstar said:

I don't understand people who come into a thread to complain they don't like the discussion.

You know that thread that rumbled on for days and days and ended up a trash fire that got cleaned out a dozen times and locked by the mods ?

Lets do that again. Right here. In this thread.

Good call.

• Like 3
  • Haha 3
  • Confused 1

3 hours ago, Crim Mip said:

The bottom line is that gachas are going away. LL doesn't owe any more explanation than they've give for the reason. They didn't even owe that. I hope the majority of gacha creators with actually quality items (not the majority of gachas) just put the items in regular vendors, preferably copy/mod/no trans, and let people buy what they actually wanted. I'm sure a few will try the conveyor system which I am betting will ultimately fail. Many only played to get the rares whether to keep or resell and the only reason they kept playing was there was always a chance of the rare. Now, you'll be paying for the crap items knowing that's all you'll get. The alternative version where you know like the next 5-10 items in advance might encourage more sales since if the rare you wanted is in that, you'd probably pay for the crap in front to get it.

Even the new thing is a big money grab. I already head some creators in a couple groups saying they will only use the RipVeyor to put their products and not a normal vendor.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Coffee Pancake said:

You know that thread that rumbled on for days and days and ended up a trash fire that got cleaned out a dozen times and locked by the mods ?

Lets do that again. Right here. In this thread.

Good call.

Which thread was that? There have been many and most of the trash fires started by people who didn't like the way a conversation was going and started getting personal. The mods don't lock threads just because of the subject matter but because the arguments started to get focused on the posters rather than the issue.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

The entire thread, started by the Lindens, over the policy change. That thread was locked. There was no reason to make a new one to rehash the same "arguments" nor to give a space to those clearly not playing with a full deck.

There is no "discussion" to be had - it came, it went, it is done.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Arielle Popstar said:

Then why are you here if you having nothing further to add?

Ah yes, pointing out reality is "nothing to add" ... and apparently one must "have something to add" to warrant a response in a public thread ....

What you meant to say, amounts to telling anyone who does not want to see a rehashing of the exact same (lack of) arguments - along with the truly out of conspiracy land tripe - to pound sand.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Solar Legion said:

Ah yes, pointing out reality is "nothing to add" ... and apparently one must "have something to add" to warrant a response in a public thread ....

What you meant to say, amounts to telling anyone who does not want to see a rehashing of the exact same (lack of) arguments - along with the truly out of conspiracy land tripe - to pound sand.

Easy peasy, don't open the thread. Maybe go post on the What are you listening to now thread. :)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 955 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.