Jump to content

The end of gachas is sadly not the end of the ill nature of some people.


You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 80 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Recommended Posts

13 minutes ago, Frankie Antonioni said:

I wonder if a gacha machine can be made that takes Bitcoin? You click on the machine, a webpage opens up, and you are given a hud. You then use the Bitcoin to buy tokens. The tokens go into the hud. You now use the tokens to play the gacha prize machine. You can also use the tokens to pay vendors, and rental boxes. The person that earns the tokens, has them stored in their hud. They can then go to the website, and cash the tokens out. They would then get Bitcoins, or another currency for the tokens.

Can that be scripted?

Can it be scripted? - Yes, although it would be expensive.

Is it within the TOS? - No, a gacha is a gacha no matter the payment mechanism.

are non-linden payment mechanisms for non-gachas within the TOS? - I'm too lazy to check, but my gut says it would also be a violation of the banking policy, or if it got too popular, the lindens would modify the banking policy such that your thing was in violation.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, Quistess Alpha said:

Can it be scripted? - Yes, although it would be expensive.

Is it within the TOS? - No, a gacha is a gacha no matter the payment mechanism.

are non-linden payment mechanisms for non-gachas within the TOS? - I'm too lazy to check, but my gut says it would also be a violation of the banking policy, or if it got too popular, the lindens would modify the banking policy such that your thing was in violation.

Can it be used for slave auctions?  (sorry, couldn't resist)

  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Frankie Antonioni said:

I wonder if a gacha machine can be made that takes Bitcoin? You click on the machine, a webpage opens up, and you are given a hud. You then use the Bitcoin to buy tokens. The tokens go into the hud. You now use the tokens to play the gacha prize machine. You can also use the tokens to pay vendors, and rental boxes. The person that earns the tokens, has them stored in their hud. They can then go to the website, and cash the tokens out. They would then get Bitcoins, or another currency for the tokens.

Can that be scripted?

That would open up the Lab to lots of liabilities and since gachas are now against the TOS, it would not be permitted at all.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Frankie Antonioni said:

I wonder if a gacha machine can be made that takes Bitcoin? You click on the machine, a webpage opens up, and you are given a hud. You then use the Bitcoin to buy tokens. The tokens go into the hud. You now use the tokens to play the gacha prize machine. You can also use the tokens to pay vendors, and rental boxes. The person that earns the tokens, has them stored in their hud. They can then go to the website, and cash the tokens out. They would then get Bitcoins, or another currency for the tokens.

Can that be scripted?

That would be a backdoor currency exchange and would likely be seen by LL as an attempt to circumvent the ToS and undermine the L$

Good Luck !

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...
39 minutes ago, Antanous said:

they are still being Advertised, and are still promoted on sales events. the policy is not in any way being enforced

 

Advertised where and at what events?  I've seen several.of the new non-gacha machines at a few places.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Antanous said:

they are still being Advertised, and are still promoted on sales events. the policy is not in any way being enforced

 

Q:  Is it possible to extend the policy deadline?

A:  We are sorry that we are not able to further extend the policy deadline.  However, we have been able to extend the enforcement of the policy change an additional 30 days.  To be clear, starting on September 1 we expect gacha as a sales mechanism to cease. However we will start with warnings, and any enforcement of the policy as it would be applied on an account will not begin until after September 30.

 

 

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 8/26/2021 at 2:19 AM, Victoria Evergarden said:

While it is a wonderful thing to see gachas being banned

All I can say is it's about time!!!!! But I still see them snuck onto the MP by being obfuscated so someone isn't doing a very good job of banning.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

29 minutes ago, RangiUtu said:

All I can say is it's about time!!!!! But I still see them snuck onto the MP by being obfuscated so someone isn't doing a very good job of banning.

Reselling of gachas is fine.  You're paying for a known item.

  • Like 1
  • Confused 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Other than a joke inactive gacha machine with smoke pouring out of it, I've not seen any gachas on hunts since the deadline. Events I'm signed up for have changed to comply with the new rules. I'm sure some people aren't bothering with the rules, but most realise it's happening whether they like it or not. It's better to work on dealing with it rather than hoping it'll all go away.

Most people weren't out to get people with gachas and still won't be out to get people with any new things they try. There are always exceptions to that, but the idea that the majority of creators are trying to scam people is really not true.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 80 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...