How Does Your SL Look Today?

Bagnu

On 8/31/2022 at 3:04 AM, Marianne Little said:

A blink, and I have changed things. I am testing deck textures like I try skin demos. Do I like this? I am not sure, the other texture was maybe too gray and weathered close up. This is not supposed to be a worn doen pool. But I am not satisfied with this texture either. Changes, changes.

Most of my SL time these days is spent on decorating, texturing and move things around. Or buying new stuff. I bought the cinder blocks from Schultz Bros yesterday. I like that they have more depth, not just a texture.

infinb_014ed.png

I really like this.. Ya, I have to do something with my edges.. I've kind of stepped back from mine for now to let things freshen up in my mind again.. I was getting overwhelmed with having so many open projects.. I need to be more patient.

I'm just going to change something as it comes to me rather than try to force things..

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 8/31/2022 at 10:04 AM, Marianne Little said:

A blink, and I have changed things. I am testing deck textures like I try skin demos. Do I like this? I am not sure, the other texture was maybe too gray and weathered close up. This is not supposed to be a worn doen pool. But I am not satisfied with this texture either. Changes, changes.

Most of my SL time these days is spent on decorating, texturing and move things around. Or buying new stuff. I bought the cinder blocks from Schultz Bros yesterday. I like that they have more depth, not just a texture.

infinb_014ed.png

I can so relate to this: always trying out textures and seeing what works or not. Is it the right colour? Is it the right shade? Shouldn't it be slightly lighter or darker? And then the textures of all the objects in the environment have to be matched. I would have a full day's work if I didn't have a full-time job in RL as well :-). And I like Schultz Bros. They manage to bring their products to life. I mean, you see that what they produce is made in such a way that you feel that it has really been worked on, walked on. Used for decades. Something you are always looking for in SL, that it looks like it is really lived in. How do you show objects that have been damaged by the weather or by frequent use in SL because of course, contrary to RL, that doesn't happen automatically. And also: how do you convey an intangible thing like 'atmosphere' in SL?

Edited by archangel969
  • Like 1

Logging in to get a new subscriber skybox gift from ONSU 😁😍

I subscribed to updates some years ago, but take a look in the mainstore. Maybe you can get it if you join now. Only 30 Li.

Living room with kitchen, bedroom and a room I can use as a walk in wardrobe or a bath. Curtains can be unlinked, but I think they are very pretty.

sere_001.jpg

sere_002.jpg

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, archangel969 said:

Well, not only the coulours of my land are changing, but the weather also.🙂 By the way, this was the weather in the Netherlands in RL the past few days after a long hot and dry summer. Now finally a week with a lot of rain. And thunder and lightning!

When the lightning strikes, Dutch estate

I love the way the curtains emphasize the violence of the storm.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Marianne Little said:

This is so lovely. I have yanked out the scripts from texture change frass, weeds and trees. I always regret it when seasons change.

Yeah, I usually yank them out myself, but on this particular estate I leave in all the season-change scripts.  For those landscaping items that don't have them, script them for a rezzer where I can change seasons with a click of a button.  Fortunately that scriptload is not high :)

• Like 1

On 9/8/2022 at 2:00 AM, Marianne Little said:

I subscribed to updates some years ago, but take a look in the mainstore. Maybe you can get it if you join now. Only 30 Li.

Living room with kitchen, bedroom and a room I can use as a walk in wardrobe or a bath. Curtains can be unlinked, but I think they are very pretty.

sere_001.jpg

sere_002.jpg

Thank you for this! I zoomed over there immediately and nabbed it. It’s quite lovely. 🙂

• Like 1

Visited @manoji Yachvili's new art installation (half at Artsville and half in her own gallery), "Lost the Last." It is really cool. She always does a terrific job of curating exhibits with purpose-built venues and environments (one of mine she put in a giant maze!), and this one -- which is a sort of post-apocalyptic vision of a world gutted by climate change -- is really immersive, with 3D art and a number of "pods" housing the art.

Highly recommended!

1628506669_Manoji-LosttheLast.thumb.png.af67f0bc287f9b4dc3ef88a0539c046f.png

• Like 10

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/8/2022 at 5:00 AM, Marianne Little said:

sere_001.jpg

sere_002.jpg

That looks really nice! =D I like that!

Tribute to Cliff!

Me paying tribute to legendary Metallica bassist Cliff Burton.

• Like 5